If I knew then...

Yep, so this is another 'bored at work' thread. Feel free to contribute seriously or not-so:

Okay, so imagine for just a minute that you haven't already invested well over 6 months of your life and lots of real money in your main, but you still magically had all the knowledge of the game that you've acquired thus far. Would you roll exactly the same character again? Or something better?
Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
I take my hat off to you.

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Probably the same. Because totems.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Would I be starting over today, having never played the game, or would I be starting the game in the past when I actually started, but with the knowledge I have now?
  • Would definitely do the same again.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Sena said:
    Would I be starting over today, having never played the game, or would I be starting the game in the past when I actually started, but with the knowledge I have now?
    @Sena - Starting the game in the past when you actually started, but with the knowledge you have now.
  • @Sena you're overthinking it!

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• edited June 2013
    Katzchen said:
    @Sena you're overthinking it!
    It's... Sena. That's what she's supposed to do!

ETA: Eff you, quotes.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I'd roll a jester

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Yes. But I'd go monk from the start, and just get all monk arties of lulzy fun, rather than stupid lessons for extra shit.
  • Well, I'd go with race != siren and not have wasted spent lessons on Riding.
  • I've always thought that if I'd come to the game a few years later I would have ended up choosing Infernal over Paladin, and that would have no doubt changed everything that's happened in my life since. I'm not sure if that would have been a good or bad thing.

However, if I were to start as a new player now, knowing everything that I do, I'd no doubt pick Paladin again.
  • edited June 2013
    I'd make friends with more people who'd still be here 10 years later.
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Would definitely roll same.

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Would be Evil.

Those Western bastards got to me...

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Would have switched classes earlier
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    Little difficult for me to answer as well since I don't think 13 year old me could have handled Mhaldor and I fully back up the fact that I went Mhaldorian later in life - though there are a lot of things I could have done without going through in Hashan (mostly just senseless drama or creepy people). I probably would have deleted Hataru and just remade under a different name instead of suffering those 10 IC years in Cyrene like I did - but I'd have missed out on a few friendships I don't know if I'd want to give up.

If I didn't do the same thing over the thing I would have changed was never going Shaman and staying Magi even after my return to Hashan - I went Shaman for purely RP reasons but with how much I know I enjoy raiding now (even though I detest 1v1 combat) I think I would have maybe enjoyed Magi more all those years.

Definitely would not have gone Atavian first and would have been Tsol'aa from the bat, that's one change I 100% would make.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • I'd join Ourania's Order sooner... would have probably joined the Warlock guild and stayed there forever... didn't really enjoy any other Guilds/Houses. Xoran is a given. Because lizard. Can't say much else would have changed.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • edited June 2013
    Eiredhel said:
    I would have never read the forums and continued to play Achaea happily oblivious.
    Two addictions are better than one.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited June 2013
    Sylvance said:
    Well, I'd go with race != siren and not have wasted spent lessons on Riding.
    But sticking with Siren despite your dislike made you the only Siren worth knowing.

I would have gone Paladin much, much sooner, but I might have avoided the no-nonsense, drill-sergeant persona, which ended up making me unpopular as time went on.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I never thought you unpopular, Aerek. Most Wardens and even the Runewardens before houses, always had a militaristic air. If anything, you were one of the few I always admired for that ( and holding your fiancee hostage is fun ).
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I quit characters and start over semi-frequently, regardless of investment, but if I had to do it all again, I'd be @Sylvance.
  • Totally the same. If I had the time, I would experience other classes, though.
    Light prevails, always
  • While I'd mostly make the same choices, there are one or two things I would change...like that terrible back-story I made up for my character. Thank god I never actually made it part of my character and only posted it to the forums for critique.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • edited June 2013
    REFLINK

that is all

ETA: not that I have made a huge investment in Akali (yet), it's not worth starting over
  • I would probably be a walking spoiler, warning Orders to withdraw all their funds before the Bal'met-ing, warning people about THIS GUY WILL BETRAY YOU.

And then I'd probably turn into a text-Cassandra(and probably shrubbed for meta-knowledge), eventually being cast out by Shallamese society as their blind ignorance happily leads them into Oblivion. 

Oh, you meant classes? I'd probably still stick as Blademaster as soon as it was released.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited June 2013
    I'm honestly not sure if there's much I'd change. A few personal or OOC decisions, sure, but as far as the actual character goes, that's difficult. I'd probably give myself a warning about that hunting trip that ended up being the straw that broke the Devotionist camel's back, but even that is hard to say with any real certainty.

There's definitely a few people I'd tell myself not to bother with, but overall, I'm happy with the journey Mel has made thus far, even if it stressed me out at the time (and likely will continue to do so!). But, mistakes get turned into an interesting story, and really, isn't that what Achaea is all about?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby