Sartan, the Malevolent

124»

Comments

• Trevize said:
    Jiraishin said:
    @Cahin me too.

I looked at the picture and realized I had no idea what Sartan looks like. The old descrip on Asara's website is pretty different:

He is a radiant Immortal and is horribly scarred beyond belief. The skin across half His face has been burnt, leaving peeling flesh and exposing charred bone. One eye has lost all colour and appears to be nothing more then a pasty, bulbous orb. His blistering, gnarled hands are mostly concealed from sight. He is wearing long, black robes, and a golden ring of iniquity.

That was due to the island being dropped on him, and him reforming. Pretty sure he's healed up by now!

At the sundering he still looked the same, just changed his clothing:
    He is a radiant Immortal and is horribly scarred beyond belief. The skin across half His face has been burnt, leaving peeling flesh and exposing charred bone. One eye has lost all colour and appears to be nothing more than a pasty, bulbous orb. His blistering, gnarled hands are mostly concealed from sight. He is wearing the living daemonic fullplate of Evil.

I know I used texts and descs when I made this and I remember his horns were part of the armour (helmet), not himself (and I remember ignoring his hands). I just can't find the text where his fullplate is described! I blame Carmain.

I think it is good that his appearance has changed. The portrait is ok, just don't get the God'ly feel and the superior cockyness I've always imagined from him. 
  • His appearance has changed, mkay? He's been through a lot, and Gods can do that!

• such revealing pants! That's all I have to say.  @-)
  • I came....

• ..that's classy
  • Needs more escarbuncle.

• I think that the detailing on the piece is great, but between his 'default' pose and the rain in the background, it's jarring enough that I don't immediately think 'Sartan' when I see it. 

• Not what I pictured but still eminates a powerful aura. Think my favorite is still the Jester but I also liked the Serp and Shaman.
  • Whenever I look at this picture, I feel like he should be inside a box with the title "SARTAN, LORD OF EVIL ACTION FIGURE! Now with pulse-pounding arm flexing powah".
  • Asmodron said:
    Whenever I look at this picture, I feel like he should be inside a box with the title "SARTAN, LORD OF EVIL ACTION FIGURE! Now with pulse-pounding arm flexing powah".
    I'd rather have my Sartan, Lord of Evil Action Figure with TURBO FISTS and RAPID SWORD-CUTTING ACTION.

The hand grip of that sword looks painful to use. Check out the spike pointing back towards the wrist. I wince at the thought of it!

• Ognog said:

The hand grip of that sword looks painful to use. Check out the spike pointing back towards the wrist. I wince at the thought of it!
      Maybe it's SUPPOSED to be painful, much as everything about Evil and its Gods?
  • I think I've lost my head to that sword. Not what I expected either, but way better than anything I could do, so props.
    Edwin Amseli
  • Yue said:
    What is called Evil is simply the desire for tight pants man.
    @Valden convert now. You have been enlightened.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Hmmm....needs more skulls and spikes. I mean come on to me this says king of torture, not god of everything evil.
  • Kaevan said:

I'll admit that I was expecting horns to be in his portrait but I'll also admit that I haven't looked at Sartan recently as opposed to, say, Horns or Apples.  Still, he looks fairly imposing and this gives me a more complete mental image of him stepping on the statue that fell on Prospero during the end of the 'Bal'met the Worldreaver' arc.  Still, well done -- it captures the angry look nicely.  The pants seem a bit tight but that probably has something to do with Suffering. 

Hey, if that's Mhaldor in the background, I think I can see my spire from here. 

This may have been addressed, but one of our previous Sartans had hornes in his description and inclined his horns at you when he nodded. I believe Shaitan did also. I bet i have old logs....Apparently every new Sartan sees himself differently. Heh
  • Orchist said:
    I'll admit that I was expecting horns to be in his portrait but I'll also admit that I haven't looked at Sartan recently as opposed to, say, Horns or Apples.  Still, he looks fairly imposing and this gives me a more complete mental image of him stepping on the statue that fell on Prospero during the end of the 'Bal'met the Worldreaver' arc.  Still, well done -- it captures the angry look nicely.  The pants seem a bit tight but that probably has something to do with Suffering. 

Hey, if that's Mhaldor in the background, I think I can see my spire from here. 
    This may have been addressed, but one of our previous Sartans had hornes in his description and inclined his horns at you when he nodded. I believe Shaitan did also. I bet i have old logs....Apparently every new Sartan sees himself differently. Heh
    Shaitan definitely did. Are you sure it was Sartan, and not Shaitan?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Sartan broke his horns off when he transformed, if you watched the sequence. Nothing wrong with this Sartan being different at any rate.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited June 2013
    Obviously, Sartan's steed is a bowflex.

He totally lifts, bro.
  • edited June 2013
    In His form as the God of Evil, era 270's, he was simply a burned man. 

The horns were all traits of Shaitan, or any redone version since, but not the original. RP lore vouches for Sartan/Apollyon came first, unless Sarapis sorta sharpee'd them into the picture on a manufactured post, but why all the trouble. They set themselves up for an interesting caveat so very far down the road, if you think about it. Oddly scripted like a prophecy that wasn't guaranteed to be around if nobody showed up to Achaea in the last nineties.
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.