Monthly Promotions

124»

Comments

• Achimrst said:
    I am sure it says your tickets carry over as long as you don't win each month so....

I think the tickets only carry over when the 50% chance of a payout fails and the prize pool doubles.
  • I already have the winnings spent in my head.
  • Katzchen said:
    I got the idea that the lottery is an on-going thing, not a monthly promotion?

@Kyrra what happened to no regrets?!
    We're not sure yet. It's just something we're trying as an experiment. We might just run it as a constant ongoing thing but we'll see after the first jackpot is won, as that's when we'll make the decision.
  • Sylvance said:
    Sasiya said:
    I'm a bit uncertain about this promotion. My first reaction was that this is a 'the rich getting richer' promotion, but I could be wrong. Also, the chance of one person (possibly even from another game) walking away with the entire prize sum makes me feel like I'd just be better off waiting for another promotion.

On the other hand, I could very much be wrong in my assumption. I guess I'll just wait and see how things unfold.
    QFT.

If I pay for tickets in this thing and see somebody from another game walk with the bounty, it's just gonna leave me feeling butthurt. I specifically don't like that you have to use unbound credits on it; again, as I've previously said I get that it's a good way for IRE to make money, so more power to them, but I personally would only spend membership credits on this, so guess I'm SOL this month.

Well, remember that if you win credits, you're also winning that many specifically because of the other games. Otherwise, you'd win a lot less. 

(And also, you guys don't need me to tell you that while you can buy lottery tickets with credits, it's kind of a poor deal compared to buying credits and getting the lottery tickets from the purchase as a freebie.)
  • edited June 2013
    The lottery ticket promotion for buying credits is a good promotion. You're getting the same benefit you'd always get from buying credits, but with an added bonus. I like it. Obviously the interest here is to encourage people to get tickets through credit purchases rather than buying them IG, but I don't really mind that type of promotion.

Though, you'd have to be pretty retarded to actually buy tickets for 1 credit per given the assuredly difficult odds of winning.  I don't know exactly what the odds will look like since I don't know how many credit purchases there are, but I'm assuming that they will be pretty long. However, this isn't any different than the state lotteries that are run all around the USA. People spend RL money every day for a chance to win more RL money, so I don't see why the same people wouldn't spend their real credits for a chance to win more credits.

I don't know if this is a question you're willing to answer, @Sarapis, but would you be willing to share how many credit purchases there are on average during a week? Or maybe a more reasonable request would be to tell us how many total tickets there were at the end of each lottery drawing?

• WIll the credits be bound or unbound? I seriously hope the latter considering you have to pay-in with unbound credits for tickets, and/or real life money.
  • @Sylvance

Every week, a credit lottery is ran on all the Iron Realms games. The lottery
    runs weekly, and the prize for the winner is 5,000 unbound credits. If there is
    no winner for the week, the prize is increased by another 5,000 unbound credits
    (see below).

Straight from HELP IRE LOTTERY.
  • @Jovolo - thanks. Why are you telling me that, though?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • You liked the comment I made about it. Figured you would have liked to know.
  • Ah, gotcha. Thanks :)
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Santar said:

I don't know if this is a question you're willing to answer, @Sarapis, but would you be willing to share how many credit purchases there are on average during a week? Or maybe a more reasonable request would be to tell us how many total tickets there were at the end of each lottery drawing?
    We wouldn't do that, no.
  • Wait.. So, you buy one hundred credits an d get a ticket, then you spend all those credits on tickets and get 101 in total?
  • Tahquil said:
    Wait.. So, you buy one hundred credits an d get a ticket, then you spend all those credits on tickets and get 101 in total?
    You get tickets equal to the number of credits you buy (plus 250 tickets for every 500 credits). So you buy 100 credits and get 100 tickets, then you can spend those 100 credits to buy another 100, for 200 tickets total.
  • Correct. They are largely meant as purely a bonus for buying credits. We wanted to let people who had excess bound credits participate too though, so they can buy lottery tickets just as an option.