Being a raid (defense/offense) leader.

Comments

• Kalvon said:
    Do I need to spell it out? Sure you can get a pally, but it'd be excommunicated with 0 devotion. Nobody is saying a paladin can make a difference. It's the significance of that difference when synergized with other classes, specifically other devos. Anyone claiming otherwise, feel free to roll an artied Targ pally and show us how it's done. Any evalution should include this question, "would I help more by being an artied monk?" Pretty much everybody who's played pally full-time has come to this conclusion...

Edit: I obviously went the opposite direction and asked "how could I help less?" and rolled serpent instead
    That's funny, because I'm pretty sure there's a lot more Targ whining about a lack of serpents than a lack of monks on the forums.Will you guys ever be satisfied?
  • Jacen said:
    Kalvon said:
    Do I need to spell it out? Sure you can get a pally, but it'd be excommunicated with 0 devotion. Nobody is saying a paladin can make a difference. It's the significance of that difference when synergized with other classes, specifically other devos. Anyone claiming otherwise, feel free to roll an artied Targ pally and show us how it's done. Any evalution should include this question, "would I help more by being an artied monk?" Pretty much everybody who's played pally full-time has come to this conclusion...

Edit: I obviously went the opposite direction and asked "how could I help less?" and rolled serpent instead
    That's funny, because I'm pretty sure there's a lot more Targ whining about a lack of serpents than a lack of monks on the forums.Will you guys ever be satisfied?
    Its funny cuz its Jacen

• edited June 2013
    Kalvon said:

Sure you can get a pally, but it'd be excommunicated with 0 devotion. Nobody is saying a paladin can make a difference.

You immediately missed the point of the 'give' portion of my request!

And I, a credible source, am saying Paladin does make a difference.

And yes, I know what you meant.

edit: niceness
  • Paladin -does- make a difference, but that difference is cut by ~90% if there is another Paladin in the group, whereas another monk or Occultist is just as amazing as the first one is.

• Oops, meant can't instead of can

• Cooper said:
    Paladin -does- make a difference, but that difference is cut by ~90% if there is another Paladin in the group, whereas another monk or Occultist is just as amazing as the first one is.
    There was actually a patch somewhat recently that gave Monks a new skill where they can mind lock a target, but only one Monk can mind lock a target at a time.

Just letting you know since you probably haven't heard of it.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I think the people this thread would benefit most are those that do not have class liquidity, and have to work out how to optimally manage what is available.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles

Daeir said:
    Or a Tekura build monk taking locks and crushing about as hard as a newborn kitten mewls for milk when tired.

And then somehow manages to hold the lock for THREE CONSECUTIVE MINUTES.
    happens to devotionists if someone doesn't know how to use enemy list and takes up important rite locations.
  • I think the people this thread would benefit most are those that do not have class liquidity, and have to work out how to optimally manage what is available.

Ergo, the solution is to liquidate all the classes. 

Replace all classes with Slime.

Skills: Squelch-fu, Splat-fu, Consume-fu

Abilities:
    -Squelch-fu deals with general movement and slime-based abilities
    -Splat-fu deals with ranged abilities(slime-pults go!)
    -Consume-fu deals with combat.

There you go, a totally liquid class.

This is your omni-trans Slime. You also get a nice title too - Metal King Slime:

• This trivial and supremely boring solution has already been implemented and is called 'dragon'.
  • @Earionduil: But Metal Slimes have incredible defenses and have a near-unstoppable escape abili...oh, right, Dragons have it too.

• But paladin sucks. Everyone knows this. Rite?
  • If exp loss was toned down a bit I would raid more often. But its so costly. Everytime I raid I die just once I lose like 30 minuets of bashing time.
  • Tecton said he will give us multiclass eventually, which should solve the problem of Targossas not having enough serpents/monks/paladins/occultists/whatever.
  • Yeah, I don't think so.
  • ok here's some like rp thoughts on it. 
    Firstoff. CALL TARGETS.
     Second. SAY WHO TO FOLLOW.
     Third. TELL WHEN TO UNBLOCK (seriously) 
    and Fourth. A real leader tells you your faults privately, they don't say it over citychannel and you just happened to be the unlucky example...that shit's lame, immature, and show's you're not a real leader.
     Also, if you don't raid/raid defense EVER...I'm not gonna listen to you because I hate bashing for 10 hours straight then losing it all cuz you suck at fighting/leading
    ///IC:YOURE SUPPOSED TO BE A VICEROY now you just lose all respect and I'm gonna act like I didn't see your tells/orders/whatever.  

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

Did Vicious quit Mhaldor, that sounds like a not evil way to do things.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited June 2013
    nope.

Don't know what you mean about not evil way to do things though? 

Edit: I guess you mean by making examples of things...thus sadly you're correct. But it doesn't gain respect from those you lead, which is more important imo. Rather would have those who wanted to follow than those who were ordered to. Idk really know anything other than I'm NEVER going to block again and I'm NEVER going to participate in events. 

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

Vicious said:
     Also, if you don't raid/raid defense EVER...I'm not gonna listen to you because I hate bashing for 10 hours straight then losing it all cuz you suck at fighting/leading
    ///IC:YOURE SUPPOSED TO BE A VICEROY now you just lose all respect and I'm gonna act like I didn't see your tells/orders/whatever.  

^ this is pretty bad RP.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:

Vicious said:

^ this is pretty bad RP.
    I see

• Sorry I was a bad leader in that CTF, I'm still pretty new at group combat. Sorry I can't fight and suxors
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Vicious said:
    ok here's some like rp thoughts on it. 
    Firstoff. CALL TARGETS.
    and Fourth. A real leader tells you your faults privately, they don't say it over citychannel and you just happened to be the unlucky example...that shit's lame, immature, and show's you're not a real leader.

Arena events are where you get to learn how to be a leader without any real losses. If you have something to suggest to try, you should have said something to your party. Those first three points you have up there, by the way, are the basics. At least you get the idea of what's needed. That fourth point. You're in Mhaldor. Are leaders expected to be nice about it, especially if you're a slave? Different cities go about leading/defending/raiding differently though. You'll have to adapt to the cities you join.

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:
    Vicious said:
    ok here's some like rp thoughts on it. 
    Firstoff. CALL TARGETS.

Arena events are where you get to learn how to be a leader without any real losses. If you have something to suggest to try, you should have said something to your party. Those first three points you have up there, by the way, are the basics. At least you get the idea of what's needed. That fourth point. You're in Mhaldor. Are leaders expected to be nice about it, especially if you're a slave? Different cities go about leading/defending/raiding differently though. You'll have to adapt to the cities you join.

Never said anything about arena events...since this is a raiding thread that would not go here. Thanks for your imput though, it is noted.

• Vicious said:

Never said anything about arena events...since this is a raiding thread that would not go here. Thanks for your imput though, it is noted.

Vicious said:
    nope.

Edit: I guess you mean by making examples of things...thus sadly you're correct. But it doesn't gain respect from those you lead, which is more important imo. Rather would have those who wanted to follow than those who were ordered to. Idk really know anything other than I'm NEVER going to block again and I'm NEVER going to participate in events. 

• Eld said:
    Vicious said:

Vicious said:
    nope.

oops oh well.

• Mishgul said:
    It is difficult to lead certain groups, simply because everyone is constantly repeating the wrong things, speaking melodramatically instead of giving proper information and getting butthurt too easily when anyone tries to correct them. 
    One of those groups being Achaeans?