Being a raid (defense/offense) leader.

Comments

• Not automating something that should be and can be easily automated is silly. If you're looking to cripple your offense, there are far more interesting ways of doing so.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Radiance without isolate is probably a really bad idea, even with it you're looking at a hefty EQ, and most of the people with us can easily leave area in 1 way or another, and let the group know there's a foolish monk sitting off EQ to kill.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• @daeir Prism, portal, earring, track, phase.
  • Consider Kobayashi Maru.

I suppose hacking the Colossus to do city-wide instakill attacks targetted towards city invaders MIGHT be sound, but that would totally be unsportinggrounds for a military commendation for 'original thinking'.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited June 2013
    Daeir said:
    I could just mind travel with the raid following me (i think?) if I wanted to get up close. I'm more interested in knowing what to do against a team that is superior in both melee and ranged capabilities. Worldburn and conc/disrupt spam is an option, given you're near a shrine. But what do you do if you're not?
    No one can follow through mind travel, as far as I've tested.

Also. Turtling/baiting is an option! Overconfident, superior teams can still die to baiting.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Once you've mastered it, you'll be so inside your opponents mind it will feel like you're playing with yourself.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles

Daeir said:
    I could just mind travel with the raid following me (i think?) if I wanted to get up close. I'm more interested in knowing what to do against a team that is superior in both melee and ranged capabilities. Worldburn and conc/disrupt spam is an option, given you're near a shrine. But what do you do if you're not?
    If you are hopelessly outmatched all you can do is make it as uninteresting as possible (for them) and minimize losses.  They will get bored, or reduce their numbers if they really want you to engage them.  
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    This doesnt work against anyone. You should know better than most considering

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    actually it does work
  • Join them.

I hear they have a sweet Monk House that will teach you how to win.
  • I suggest running downhill.
  • Generally we complain when people don't rush with higher numbers*

(4+ more than our group of 5 in old times)

• LOL @ midcoms.  I like that term.
    -----------------------------
    @DontarionDrakor for twitter boredom.

• Just need to define when it starts and when it finishes. Like, I am not quite tritrans. Would I need to be that plus survival and/or fitness/avoidance/philosophy and/or have a value between 200 and 1000 cr in artifacts to get promoted from lowcom to midcom? What's the minimum in skills and artifacts to reach highcom?
  • You don't even need artefacts to go high tier. You just need to know wtf you are doing. Bashing macros and spamming curare/aconite is not mid tier. The situational awareness of a fight and the ability to react with a competent strategy(successful or not) is.
  • Yeah, would be more about actual skill than lessons learned/arties.
  • It's the  class + competence + arties that really make someone deadly. You can be the most deft, artied paladin dude in the game but you're not making that much of a impact on the fight (assuming we're fighting a just as good enemy). It's why I strongly advocate every Targ to change from paladin. 
  • i don't know how being a paladin means not making that much of an impact on the fight. rites + darkbows + meteors + barge + lunge + impale. Also dsling misc herb affs makes for a really powerful melee offense in group combat. All of these things could be done very easily by any paladin, even one that didn't really know what they were doing. 

Party right, party hard,

• no think melee offense + no think los offense + no think local area range offense, and with no need to buy any arties. I'd rank paladin (and any knight for the same reasons) as a very very good group combat class. Considering a usefulness/easy to play ratio.

Party right, party hard,

• Paladin's a decent over all class, especially for the unartied. But a paladin pretty much turns into a chivalry ent when priests are around, which we usually always have. Also the strength of hands only becomes beneficial when the devotion user is very competent, which most aren't. The impact of an artied monk, occultist, magi, is leaps and bounds ahead of a artied paladin, imo. 

Also paladins may be a bigger impact now since bite and bbt got nerfed to shit. Most of our paladins were almost always more helpful in dragon. 
    Zeon said:
    no think melee offense + no think los offense + no think local area range offense, and with no need to buy any arties. I'd rank paladin (and any knight for the same reasons) as a very very good group combat class. Considering a usefulness/easy to play ratio.
    Its easily the most redundant of the knight classes and I think Darroth is speaking more to how they are just slower knights that others in groups.  They are still useful but artied knights/priest are generally a waste of arties if you want maximum use of those arties.
  • Zeon said:
    i don't know how being a paladin means not making that much of an impact on the fight. rites + darkbows + meteors + barge + lunge + impale. Also dsling misc herb affs makes for a really powerful melee offense in group combat. All of these things could be done very easily by any paladin, even one that didn't really know what they were doing. 
    And arties don't make you at all more useful for any of that :)

And also, herb afflictions don't really matter that much when you don't have access to aeon for every group fight. Better off to have a monk doing 1/3 your hp every ~2.5-3 seconds.

• edited June 2013
    Yeah there's a reason ashtan started winning more when Jhui changed back from BM to Monk. Some classes with artifacts just allow that ability to impact fights on a massive level. 
  • edited June 2013
    ....?

Give us one Paladin.

I'll even RP it out.
  • edited June 2013
    Do I need to spell it out? Sure you can get a pally, but it'd be excommunicated with 0 devotion. Nobody is saying a paladin can make a difference. It's the significance of that difference when synergized with other classes, specifically other devos. Anyone claiming otherwise, feel free to roll an artied Targ pally and show us how it's done. Any evalution should include this question, "would I help more by being an artied monk?" Pretty much everybody who's played pally full-time has come to this conclusion...

Edit: I obviously went the opposite direction and asked "how could I help less?" and rolled serpent instead