*Lord Sartan, Mhaldor, Events, and Great Rewards*

124»

Comments

• I'm pretty sure non-Mhaldorians are 100% able to help with the brainstorming. ^_^

The prizes are because most people are greedy. :P
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Would say the coolest things imo would be 

- Maldaathi Knight jousting tourney that would be pretty ck
    - I think @Mishgul brought up something like, random drawing, all vs. whoever picked the short straw kill fest? Not too sure about that but sounds awesome
    - Maybe some kind of combat tourney,
    - A huge Mhaldorian like dark ages style festival where we like have ritual sacrifices and all the above put together with Lord Sartan on the throne over us all

idk? Try it out see how it works for the whole thing. 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Really liking the idea of dark-ages style festival. I think it would fit well, if done well. Beyond, it goes hand in hand with the ideas of more rituals and such. I also like the idea of human chess, so to speak.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Aside from the posts not taking this seriously, I don't think people have attacked Xeno's intentions for the city. It's great that he's rewarding Mhaldorians ICly, and that he wants to really show his appreciation to the players as stated in some earlier posts. Given Sherazad's RP, she will agree to do whatever Xeno wants to do even if she wouldn't understand it. 

Given the latest posts of Mhaldorians, I'd assume that people are okay with Xeno giving away the iPad mini. Personally, I don't care because it's his money. What I don't get is the other possibility of how an RP-centric game has people saying it's okay to reward people a RL item that will have a representation in game, without its value (its most glaring value will be its OOC worth). If the admin will reward a player with a RL item, I am sure it won't be referred in game. Why can't we keep things where they are, IC in IC, OOC in OOC? Frankly, aside from the lololl posts, I don't see detractors attacking Xeno's character (There are even raves from Vayne although I don't agree with all he says) just the execution of his well-intentioned plan so what are we exactly defending him from?
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• I haven't seen him refering to the iScroll IC, only out here. And Achaea has given RL prizes away. I still remember the Sword on a lottery. Giving someone an OOC prize for an idea that can be used IC is fine as long as he does not do it in the game itself.

Personally I will not be contributing because I like the Nexus 7 better.

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Arador said:
    I haven't seen him refering to the iScroll IC, only out here. And Achaea has given RL prizes away. I still remember the Sword on a lottery. Giving someone an OOC prize for an idea that can be used IC is fine as long as he does not do it in the game itself. Personally I will not be contributing because I like the Nexus 7 better.
    He already said there'll be a slate figurine and that its nature will not be discussed ICly. Of course we already have a post in the forums saying what it is representing but how do you explain it to future players? And don't worry about contributing for the iPad mini, because he already said it's bought with his own money. 

Also, having different opinions doesn't mean people are attacking Xeno or his player. For a suggestion on an IC event, I think a big (probably world) event with Sartan would be tons more satisfying than earrings and an iPad mini, but that's just an idea from a god-starved Mhaldorian. 

Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• I meant I don't want to win it :P

• @Xenomorph
    I support you all the way and I do love what you're doing.

I just don't want your money man. I couldn't ever justify taking something that expensive off someone.

But here is the thing. Anyone that knows me, knows that I have dumped a boatload of credits totaling more than these prizes. It may have been OOC too, because I said. "Here, have some earrings because I think we'll do better as a team (mhaldor) if you and (other person) have some earrings" I want fooking earrings, but I'm a druid. What am I going to do with those?

I've given 3 people wings, 1 person a wand of portals, 2 people dirks, 1 person a diadem, 1 person a sash, and funded about 7-8 class changes. oh, and a few bows.

None of these things have really been done all at once, just through the course of my time playing. Writing it all down sure seems like I have artied some people out the wazoo, but giving 1 or 2 people things like that only very slowly give the whole a greater edge. I actually regret some of the purchases because yaknow, some randomly went to targossas right after I purchased costly things for them but it's whatever. I truly want to believe I've assisted a persons enjoyment in a game.

This is what happens when you grow up less fortunate and suddenly have a really expendable income.

P.S. I still think ooc prizes are wierd, but I get where you're comin from
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • @daeir Troni rank gets SoA. ;)

I believe Xeno is getting the feedback he wanted. We've all read the praise, problems, and solutions.
    “There is no greater sorrow than thinking back upon a happy time in misery--”

• edited June 2013
    ok, can we just disregard the controversy about this (EVERYBODY put in their 2 cents already anyways)?Plus, only non-Mhaldorians have bitched about this, and to be honest who cares what they think, all they do is meaninglessly judge. Also, anyone who chooses an totalitarian religious fanatical society bent on being evil, might be a little weird to some people...to me that's AWESOME and they play this ish on HARDCORE mode.

I'm still routing for the Dark ages-esq festy

• edited June 2013
    Hang on... This is a real contest..? I honestly thought it was a troll thread...
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

Sothantos said:
    The reason I think this is pretty weird is because it seems like, from most of what I've seen on the forums, that Mhaldorian players are hyper-encouraged to identify strongly as 'Mhaldorian' OOCly, significantly more so than apparently any other faction. This contest appears to be a reflection of that.
    If you talked to these people outside of an Achaea related setting they would probably seem like normal people. For some people it can get difficult to seperate OOC/IC, especially in a faction like Mhaldor where you are expected to be completely extreme about your IC religion, and because of this Mhaldorians can be more susceptible to the OOC bleed.

I'm not trying to justify everyone, there are some people who are just plain out retarded. I think it gets worse for Mhaldorians because Mhaldor gets a lot of attention because of it's status as the "main antagonist" for at least three cities. A lot of normal people can't deal with attention well as it is, and we do sometimes get people who just plain out start craving it, like crack.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I think this thread is the first time I've seen Delphinus WTF a post.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
  • Whatever you feel about this topic one way or another, the topic has approached and passed the point of Godwin's law. It looks like it is going to happen, I think it might be time to stop the back and forth as to if this is good or bad and just let the ideas that @Xenomorph asked for be added.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • edited June 2013
    Penwize said:
    Vicious said:
    Plus, only non-Mhaldorians have bitched about this, and to be honest who cares what they think, all they do is meaninglessly judge.
    This attitude is what makes people bitch about it.  We're all players of this game, and fostering this sort of crazy ill-will between factions just encourages griefy behaviour that detracts from the game as a whole.  I'm cool with Mhaldor having this awesomely funded event (props to Xeno for this, I may have had my differences with you but you definitely have done a lot for Mhaldor), but it doesn't have to devolve to this strange OOC us-versus-them bitchfest.  We're all playing the same game, we just picked a different colour to start with.  I think both sides of this should remember that and chill a little.  It'd be great if other factions got this sort of thing, but not every faction has people that are willing to throw money at it. 

That said, nobody complains when a benefactor funds the hell out of a particular faction's combatants (buys earrings for everyone, arties their friends out, whatever), so why is there such a gripe about funding the hell out of a particular faction's RP side?  That's cool, not something to be upset at.  The only real annoying part is the weird reaction from both sides (Mhaldor and non-Mhaldor) that's making this rift between the playerbase.

It is with your comment that I finally understand just what people outside of Mhaldor are upset about, for that I thank you for clearing it up. I'm being serious, sometimes when we try to communicate, we lose inflection, body language, and other forms of communication that allow things to get lost in the shuffle, you've finally made it clear.

I'm not one to tell a lie, or posture myself into a defensive last redoubt. You are correct, and my official stance on other cities, their players, and their contributions to Achaea, is not a healthy one. If I'm to make my solid argument, I'd help myself much better if I was considerate to this group and treated them the same as my own. In that, I am wrong, and I admit it. One day again, you will have the faction leader here that will honor that clean facet Achaea deserves. -It comes at a price, and moral corruption or placing themselves above the people will destroy even the most talented leader's strong points. In the meantime, it is something that will just not change, and I simply embrace this flaw, as it allows me to pour actual passion into the faction that fate chose for me. It is the people that get served in Mhaldor that get such an opposite person this effect shows, just know that I will always do the right thing.

Despite appearances, I could hold the fate of all the non Mhaldorians in my hand if the Garden willed it, and you'd all wake up just fine the next day, not a hair harmed. Knowing that I just publically admitted something and fully agree with it, I take this only time to say this: every single person in Achaea is a friend of mine. Had lady luck placed me in your faction, none of us would have known differently, and I would have served that side. The only reason I'm even a Mhaldorian is for the chaotic nature of reality itself. I bumped by complete chance into an Infernal named Tont, and the rest is history. I easily could have walked the wrong way, and bumped into Conor. I would likely be a great chum with Rangor, and all the rest of the type, had just the smallest changes been there.

When selecting a Guildmaster or a city leader, I would ask the gods to truly look deep into a person, and give the players someone that will do the job you do not have time to sit around and police. These arent the best fighters, or the best speakers, which makes it hard to pinpoint them. The most unsuspecting person in the hordes of players out there is the key to the longevity of Achaea, and a protector to a lot of people that would not grant this person the same, and its his or her power that must protect the people from themselves.

-Again, great ideas coming in this is really giving me an even better idea, and the Guild involvement in this. Rather than face heartburn or anything less than full commitment, I'll be working with forces above to absolve me from any player attachment to an idea that is great, but best served by Their hands. We'll never see the dissenter because of this, as the divine bouncer presence alone shuts up even the rowdiest rogue.

Sothantos said:
    The reason I think this is pretty weird is because it seems like, from most of what I've seen on the forums, that Mhaldorian players are hyper-encouraged to identify strongly as 'Mhaldorian' OOCly, significantly more so than apparently any other faction. This contest appears to be a reflection of that.
    Don't take it out on them, rather, just know that it is a rare thing, but one I just so happen to harbor and push. Its got its negative sides, you are correct. But it also has its strong sides. I bring many things to the table, and each person has a flaw ratio invisibly attached to them. The garden must ID this flaw ratio and employ the best of the numerical herd for maximum impact. (Maximum impact, coincidentally, sounds like the next big Jean-Claude van Damme movie, ami right or ami right?)
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    Xenomorph said:
    Penwize said:
    Vicious said:
    stuff
    more stuff

way more stuff

Sothantos said:
    little bit of stuff
    this~~>> maximum impact. (Maximum impact, coincidentally, sounds like the next big Jean-Claude van Damme short circuit movie ,  ami right or ami right?)

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I know it's been discussed a couple of times in this thread, and was already discussed actually prior to the Gala, but a Jousting tournament is already in the planning. 

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Xenomorph said:
    Well, I usually give them the Army approach, and I thank them for their service after they've been voluntold.
    it's "highly encouraged."

Tried and true

• “There is no greater sorrow than thinking back upon a happy time in misery--”

• Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.