Seeking Advice - Best Bashing Spots for me currently?

Here is my summary.

Monk - Level 80, Bashing skills all Trans'd, over 4600 hp, some arties

I currently bash the following areas.

Manara (I'm a little embarassed but it's mindless so I like it sometimes)
Nuskuwe 
Phereklos
Moghedu - I prefer the bottom 2-3 levels.  Dunno why.
Dun Valley - Swamp area only

Any areas I should add or remove?  I prefer to stay on continent as I do not know my way off of the mainland.

Comments

• Harsh
  • Not sure what @Santar could have written to warrant a WTF, and damned if I'm reading such a long post, because the very first sentence nails the answer to this thread. No way should this be answered on the forums.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited June 2013
    Possibly this gem:

Your character's roleplay credibility will be much stronger if you can something like "I am bashing _______ because a house elder recommended it to me", rather than "I am bashing ________ because I made a forum topic and a bunch of people posted saying to bash there."

The rest of the post is reasonably well thought out - asking in-game, and actually interacting with the people you share a city, House, Order, etc with, is better than coming to the forums, but the above just strikes me as a bit... absurd.
  • Santar really just trying to be a bully even if he tries to put some reason behind.

The guy's a joke
  • Assembling wtf train
  • Jhui said:
    Santar really just trying to be a bully even if he tries to put some reason behind. The guy's a joke
    Careful, you might get issued by Santar for that.
  • Also, god damn this thread got Achaean Forums'ed fast.

Problem with 80 is that everything hurts so damn bad, and your crits are garbage. What class are you?

I did tons and tons of raiding to skip the 80's, but back then we had Tanzik and in city raid experience.

Arcadia: First and foremost, best xp in the game
    Annwyn: animals
    Underworld: garbage, but lots of them

annnd getting a customer, to be continued.
  • edited June 2013

Secos said:
    Yes, I can log-in and pander in-character to different people and enhance my roleplay experience.  However, that is your playstyle and not necessarily mine.  I follow the rules as necessary and I roleplay moderately.  However, please do not make posts either a. judging me over a simple post or b.  trying to enforce your personal playstyle onto me.  That is like me jumping on your roleplaying post and stating that you should spend more time bashing or combating one on one in the arena.  It isn't my place and it isn't appropriate.

That's the thing, though; it isn't anyone's "personal playstyle."

Roleplaying pervades nearly all things in Achaea, whether you're hunting, questing, exploring, politicking, or whatever. That's the niche that Achaea occupies in the post-WoW, post-F2P-mainstream world. It's a place where your character becomes part of the canon story. Accordingly, there's an emphasis on giving to the community -- not "pandering," but interacting in a storytelling way. It sustains itself. It gives greater longevity to the game than the barebones mobs-and-loot treadmill.

To answer your question, though: At level 80, especially as a horkval monk, you'e strong enough to handle just about any area. There was a thread started by the producer on the old forums, but even that stopped at level 70 with the reasoning that "you're big enough to explore and find hunting spots for yourself." Achaea has a staggeringly huge world; why not enjoy it?
  • Delphinus said:

Secos said:
    Yes, I can log-in and pander in-character to different people and enhance my roleplay experience.  However, that is your playstyle and not necessarily mine.  I follow the rules as necessary and I roleplay moderately.  However, please do not make posts either a. judging me over a simple post or b.  trying to enforce your personal playstyle onto me.  That is like me jumping on your roleplaying post and stating that you should spend more time bashing or combating one on one in the arena.  It isn't my place and it isn't appropriate.

That's the thing, though; it isn't anyone's "personal playstyle."

Roleplaying pervades nearly all things in Achaea, whether you're hunting, questing, exploring, politicking, or whatever. That's the niche that Achaea occupies in the post-WoW, post-F2P-mainstream world. It's a place where your character becomes part of the canon story. Accordingly, there's an emphasis on giving to the community -- not "pandering," but interacting in a storytelling way. It sustains itself. It gives greater longevity to the game than the barebones mobs-and-loot treadmill.

To answer your question, though: At level 80, especially as a horkval monk, you'e strong enough to handle just about any area. There was a thread started by the producer on the old forums, but even that stopped at level 70 with the reasoning that "you're big enough to explore and find hunting spots for yourself." Achaea has a staggeringly huge world; why not enjoy it?
    I disagree with this logic.  However, even if I do follow this line of thinking there are hundreds if not thousands of posts on these forums that you could accuse of doing the exact same thing.  Why pick on me?  Are we to harass every person who doesn't live up to your ideals of what proper roleplay is?  Who sets the exact standard for this, You? Santar?  I simply disagree on many levels and I will leave it at that.

I'm going to attempt to bow out of this discussion and I'll list the reasons.
    1.  My initial post wasn't meant to start controversy or an argument
    2.  I don't want anything I say to reflect badly on my city, house or character
    3.  I'm afraid of what I might end up saying as I'm not a very PC person.
  • HaldonHaldon I forgot...
    Take this as a lesson learned @Secos. This forum is only useful for deriving satisfaction from the misery of others, posting pictures of your favorite animals, your favorite music, deriving satisfaction from the misery of others, trolling and kissing admin butt. 

He did ask in game. Didn't you ask me in game? I think you did, but I was most likely all strung out from no sleep for the last two weeks and probably gave you a stupid answer. If I did sorry man.

Oh yeah and don't feel bad, I cruise Manara for shards people leave around.
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead.
  • edited June 2013
    @Secos Try Nuskuwe, if you haven't. Tsol'aa village and Moghedu are do-able if you're careful about stacks and ready to run.

EDIT: Oh, your post says you have tried Nuskuwe. Well, hrm. Oh, Riagath, Vents of Hthrak, and Istar Jungle. That's what I was doing in the eighties.
  • I had the same problem about finding hunting spots. I am just enjoying finding them myself.
    Light prevails, always
  • As much as Santar's comment seems harsh, it's the answer that most people have been getting for years on the forums.

In fact, this thread has more actual answers to the question than I've seen in a long time. (Granted, I take forums breaks. But still.) As has been said, it's been part of the Achaean culture for a while now, for multiple reasons. Not necessarily saying that asking on the forums is a bad thing, but it isn't personal. Everyone before you tended to get the same "Ask IC" answers.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Remember to probe things because it might be loyal to someone

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited June 2013

I <3 Manara.  Clearing it ALL (mingruks and slaves included) still gives me 10% ish on a good day. And I am level 80 as well.  Usually, I just circle it, hit maim's mansion, dun swamp, black rock lake, and repeat. 
    Istar jungle, riagath and whatever are nice but the time vs exp isn't worth it in my opinion.

On most of my chars, i do manara from level 20 to 80+. So it is nothing to be ashamed about. 

Imo: this is a better in game question as well but since you already tried ig, there is nothing wrong with going ooc.

Edit:  I THOUGHT OF A FEW MORE!!!

Shala'jen, Forestwatch, Creville, Bopalopia (I have heard people bashing here but I never have), ulangi, mysia... If you can get someone to go with you who is an awesome room defense class or a much higher level you can probably try meropis. 

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Another reason you're better off finding good bashing areas on your own is that the more people know about an area, the worse it is. Finding less popular areas means less competition, and surprisingly high experience sometimes because the longer a denizen has been alive, the more experience it gives. I've found bunches of weak denizens (only taking a couple hits to kill and doing very little damage and no afflictions) that give more than 0.2% each at level 80, because they're hunted so rarely.

For that same reason, some people will be hesitant to post their favourite bashing areas publicly, but they'd be willing to tell a single citymate/housemate/protege about the great area if asked.
  • I love how many WTFs Santar's post got when it was 100% correct.

• It's Santar, Cooper.  

Dude's a joke, no matter how reasonable he can make himself sound at times.
  • Cooper said:
    Someone's reputation (or how many times they have killed you lately) does not shouldn't change how correct their advice is received by people on the internet, but these are Achaea's forums, so I'm not at all surprised.
     ftfy

• Cooper said:
    Someone's reputation (or how many times they have killed you lately) does not change how correct their advice is.
    But it's Santar, different rules apply.
  • Sylvance said:
    Cooper said:
    Someone's reputation (or how many times they have killed you lately) does not shouldn't change how correct their advice is received by people on the internet, but these are Achaea's forums, so I'm not at all surprised.
     ftfy
    You broke it. The changes you made make my statement incorrect. Someone's reputation SHOULD change how their advice is received. (it still doesn't make it right or wrong of course).

• Cooper said:
    Sylvance said:
    Cooper said:
     ftfy
    You broke it. The changes you made make my statement incorrect. Someone's reputation SHOULD change how their advice is received. (it still doesn't make it right or wrong of course).
    Conceded.
  • I think we could make this go 10 pages.

• Secos said:
    I think we could make this go 10 pages.
    Nah, @Tecton or @Ourania will close it down pretty soon. Or maybe @Babel.

Who's your money on?
  • Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.