Minecraft

edited August 2012 in The Universal Membrane
A few of us were talking about starting up an achaea server for minecraft, and we're wondering how many of you might be interested! I was inspired recently by this, so we might try something like it, or just a normal server depending on what people are interested in. Post if you want in!
My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.

Comments

• I've been playing a tekkit mod version of minecraft lately with my partner. So much more stuff to build, blocks to mess around with, it's nuts.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Server is up! IP is 72.83.228.190
  • Oooh. Am definitely interested. I go by rainspren on Minecraft, will check it out.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• The server's still up though I'm not connected, send me a tell IG if you log and I'll hop in too.
  • I'll hop on for a little bit, but probably spending more time on the Tekkit server I'm using.

• Username: Khari. Also for some reason... no sound. Weird.

• I was tempted to try Minecraft, but I felt it would suck the life out of me... but the story you linked is actually quite interesting and makes it tempting to try and recreate
  • Okay, Sohl and I are failing epically. Hehe.

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited August 2012
    We just spent an hour, and ended up having everything we have blown up, or lost after death. How's that for awesome.

• Never has anyone failed with such style!
  • Sohl is that a locally hosted server? I'm on it write now stealing all your shit, but wondering if this is popular enough, mine drop a few $ and get a dedicated server.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• We were talking about it on server last night. Sohl mentioned it might be something he looks into.

• edited August 2012
    If someone sets up a paypal donation page, I think everyone could toss in a few bucks to help cover it too.

ETA: So far, we are setting up a Loomshack for newbies (with beds and, eventually, free shared resources) and I know Sohl's working on a funky sky fortress. If you haven't yet, please join us. :P

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• The server's temporarily down while we migrate to a dedicated hosting service (a big thank you to Jarrod for covering the initial cost!). Will post the new IP as soon as it's up.
  • New IP is: 8.6.75.221

The map is exactly the same, but all items that weren't in player inventories got nuked, including the houses and any chests. If you had stuff that was difficult to obtain or you'd like a stockpile of something to start you off, let me know and I or Sohl will hook you up.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• We've recreated Loomshack, bigger and better this time. Anyone who wants to drop by and make use of it feel free!
  • edited August 2012
    server is showing as offline ):

edit: Nvm it worked
  • I've joined, but I can only destroy blocks. They're not dropping anything.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • ...and most of our created structures are gone, actually. @Sohl @Jarrod you may want to relook at how you've imported that map - it looks like it keeps reverting back to something. The Loomshack, for example, looks like it never existed, as does the terrain from Jarrod's many 'experiments'.

If we have to start with a fresh map, let's just do that, if it gets rid of the errors.

• Might join in if I can find time. Look for Venarti.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited August 2012
    Want to play. I spend most of my time making redstone contraptions though. I can't make things look all pretty, just functional.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Yeah the problems started yesterday. First Katzchen's creations started disappearing, and then mine, and then most everyone's. I think we're gonna try starting over from scratch and see if that fixes it.
  • No, it was Kazu's that started first, mine were fine last I saw, but guess that's probably not the case now.

• Yup, everything is gone now.

• When Jarrod comes around next we'll see about wiping everything and starting from scratch. (this time without cheating :O )
  • yeah, didn't 1.4 just come out also? Could make the new map that?

• edited August 2012
    Can't. 1.4 doesn't have a stable bukkit build, and the update itself isn't stable.  There's a lot of bugs with the new boss mob for instance. The thing is a pre-release, not really an established release that's been tested.

• We were using bukkit? So confused by all this..

• We weren't when Sohl was hosting on his computer.  However, when Jarrod bought the 24/7 server, it was with bukkit. We just didn't have any plugins on it.

• Ah.