Artefact alternatives II

2»

Comments

• Token system please! Liek Lusternia? You buy a token, attach it to a thing like you would a sigil and BAM! It's now boots of vitality, or a bellybutoon bar of the Sphinx.
  • Sena said:
    Iocun said:
    Katzchen said:
    Concealed items... please. Ugh, way too much stuff to wear with arties, accessories, containers, etc.

The wearing things different ways would be awesome too, but concealing crap would be better.
    Might not happen because they are specifically selling the orb of suppression for that.
    Orb of suppression would still have a use though, hiding your artefacts from things like appraise and hiding the wear/remove messages.
    True enough. But if concealing was free or very cheap, it would still lessen the value of the orb quite a lot.
  • Don't cheapen my orb :(.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    Iocun said:
    Katzchen said:
    Concealed items... please. Ugh, way too much stuff to wear with arties, accessories, containers, etc.

The wearing things different ways would be awesome too, but concealing crap would be better.
    Might not happen because they are specifically selling the orb of suppression for that.
    The orb is nuts for the price... at least make it let you choose what to conceal for 500 cr, not pay 50 cr for every item you want visible. And I gathered this worked on clothing, not just arties?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Katzchen said:
    Iocun said:
    Katzchen said:

The orb is nuts for the price... at least make it let you choose what to conceal for 500 cr, not pay 50 cr for every item you want visible. And I gathered this worked on clothing, not just arties?
    Oh, yes, I definitely agree that the orb plus prices for still having some items show can get incredibly costly, for just making your description look a bit neater. As someone who has bought an orb and has paid 150 credits on top of that to change the visibility of some items I definitely wish there was a cheaper way to do it and would certainly support looking into something to facilitate this. (You can, by the way, also make non-arties invisible if you have an orb - which just costs another 50 credits as well. At least, that's what it cost me to hide my sheath - I don't know if they'll allow it for all kinds of items.)

• I love my orb. That is all.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Tecton, you are awesome.

I want bagpipes >.>
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Boy, you guys must really hate bagpipes! At 6k/credit, they bagpipes, which have the same effect as the 500 credit Lasallian Lyre, are going for somewhere between 50 and 60 credits at the moment.
  • @sarapis shhhhhhhhhhhh, you know it'll spike on the last day/in the last few minutes >.>

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Sarapis, I'm at work. I'll start bidding when I get home.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    nuuuuuuuuu
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Eld said:

Kyrra said:

nuuuuuuuuu

Want to wrestle, @Eld?

• Kyrra said:
    Kyrra said:
    nuuuuuuuuu
    Want to wrestle, @Eld?

@Kyrra: Show him who's boss of this gym. 

And if you got the reference, I don't know if I should be happy or frightened.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Ignorance is bliss.

They are a really cool alternative to lyres though. Once saw a guy dressed in punk playing metal on bagpipes and there was full pyrotechnics and everything.

• Kyrra said:
    Ignorance is bliss. They are a really cool alternative to lyres though. Once saw a guy dressed in punk playing metal on bagpipes and there was full pyrotechnics and everything.
    Also Korn.

But back on topic, 500cr is the base rate quoted for any custom code work that needs doing.
    But I strongly move that the number of available custom reactions gets worked on. I wanted my squeaky rubber shield (SoA) to make obnoxious noises on proc, but that's in excess of 500cr to have arranged. Same with an artie blackjack jingling on contact.
    Might want to work toward having the coding for those mods all figured out at a more reasonable price of 100-150 creds. Imagine they're common enough requests, and I can not imagine that too many people spring for it at 500cr.
    Sort of like the recently fixed artie tattoo problem.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited June 2013
    Kyrra said:
    Ignorance is bliss. They are a really cool alternative to lyres though. Once saw a guy dressed in punk playing metal on bagpipes and there was full pyrotechnics and everything.
    There is a band called the "Red Hot Chili Pipers" that do this IIRC
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • edited June 2013
    Sasiya said:
    I'm going to go ahead and say that it would be awesome if we could just purchase artifact powers unto an item directly in Delos:

BUY ARTIFACT POWER (power) FOR (artifact) LEVEL (level)

Example: BUY ARTIFACT POWER ASP FOR RAPIER
    Example: BUY ARTIFACT POWER MAGIC_POTENCE FOR ROBE LEVEL 3

So you pile everything on to one super uber artie of doom?

Edit- Weapons and armour being separate of course
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • edited June 2013

@Jonners said:

Yeah. I actually did this in Aetolia:

It is an Ankyrean artifact, enchanted with the following powers:
    intelligence(3) strength(3) ally_expand(3) enemy_expand(3) enhancement(3) constitution(3) heal_bonus(3) endurance web_evasion cloaking elusion resolve dexterity(3) clearsight mana_boon equilibrium_recovery transparent_sight heal_mana_bonus(3) clarity(3) mana_regeneration willpower overkill_extend whitesight regeneration mind_assault protection venom_blood xpgain(3) flight spirit_anchor magic_potence(3) culling fracture_alert double_mindprints phaselock illusion lifevision shroud sunbane

^_^
  • Sasiya said:

@Jonners said:

Yeah. I actually did this in Aetolia:

It is an Ankyrean artifact, enchanted with the following powers:
    intelligence(3) strength(3) ally_expand(3) enemy_expand(3) enhancement(3) constitution(3) heal_bonus(3) endurance web_evasion cloaking elusion resolve dexterity(3) clearsight mana_boon equilibrium_recovery transparent_sight heal_mana_bonus(3) clarity(3) mana_regeneration willpower overkill_extend whitesight regeneration mind_assault protection venom_blood xpgain(3) flight spirit_anchor magic_potence(3) culling fracture_alert double_mindprints phaselock illusion lifevision shroud sunbane

^_^
    I'd plus-one this only if any item with more than one power becomes non-resetting and Pickpocketable.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.