"Access Denied" to old forum threads?

edited September 2012 in Tech Support

I was doing a spot of research into Glacius in the old Forums, but a couple of threads came up that I wasn't allowed to look at.

This is the one that I really want to see, but I simply get a page saying 'Access Denied'.

Anyone know why this is? Is it a bug or has access to certain threads been purposefully restricted?

I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)

Comments

• edited September 2012
    http://achaea.com/forum -that one works
  • edited September 2012

Yep, indeed it does. But when I put 'Glacius' into the search bar, then scroll down to the link titled 'Glacius' and click on it, all that comes up is a page saying 'Access Denied'. :(

I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Dirty Shallamese censors got to it first. Whatever was in that thread must've been deemed a threat to Creation.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited September 2012
    That's the 404 for the Vanilla forums; typing "lskdjfddds" into the name field produces the same. I see what you mean, though. Here, let me help.

You'll notice that in the Mythos, Twilight's mentioned at the beginning, but not during the war itself. Glacius isn't mentioned at the beginning, but is mentioned in the war.
    Banishing the light, Lord Glacius conjures Stygian darkness over the land and the bright moon enters the heavens.
    It's likely that Glacius was just a "first draft" name for Achaea's God of Darkness -- one that was missed in the Mythos revisions.
  • Delphinus said:
    That's the 404 for the Vanilla forums; typing "lskdjfddds" into the name field produces the same. I see what you mean, though. Here, let me help.

You'll notice that in the Mythos, Twilight's mentioned at the beginning, but not during the war itself. Glacius isn't mentioned at the beginning, but is mentioned in the war.
    Banishing the light, Lord Glacius conjures Stygian darkness over the land and the bright moon enters the heavens.
    It's likely that Glacius was just a "first draft" name for Achaea's God of Darkness -- one that was missed in the Mythos revisions.
    Nice observation! Knowing this, I'd likely assume that Glacius was just another name for the same being. ICly that is.
  • That would make sense. Though ICly these days, Glacius is believed to have been Lord Shaitan's most trusted Dreadlord. The Dreadlords themselves are the high generals of Lord Shaitan's daemonic legions inside the Inferno. A bit of lore there for you if your interested. :)

• That could be in-character spin, really. Shaitan and Glacius are presented as equals in the context of the Mythos, and it's implied that both had dominion over the Dreadlords. Glacius's lack of presence, of course, would mean that Shaitan's now their de facto leader regardless. Either way, it's a legitimate in-character belief; this is just something to keep in mind if you're writing beyond that.

If Twilight ever comes back (RIP *twilight), it would be interesting to see him play on that angle -- assuming the role hasn't done so already. I remember a tale from back when Twilight was Ashtani, in which he mentioned over CT that Glacius was an aspect of himself that he'd later reabsorbed.
  • edited September 2012

Originally that’s what I thought would have probably happened, i.e. Twilight absorbed Glacius in some way. But after speaking to a member of Shaitan's Order, I got the distinct impression that the information he gave me was Shaitan's official stance on the matter. I could be mistaken though. Do you think official lore can be altered to fit changing in-game needs? Or is, to put it bluntly, Shaitan lying? :)

• CrathenCrathen Ireland
    edited September 2012
    Lodi said:

Originally that’s what I thought would have probably happened, i.e. Twilight absorbed Glacius in some way. But after speaking to a member of Shaitan's Order, I got the distinct impression that the information he gave me was Shaitan's official stance on the matter. I could be mistaken though. Do you think official lore can be altered to fit changing in-game needs? Or is, to put it bluntly, Shaitan talking shait? :)

ftfy
  • @Lodi: OOC, it's entirely possible that Shaitan just wasn't aware of all that. It's kind of esoteric. I wouldn't know myself, had I not pursued it a few years prior.

I'm not sure that either option is necessarily wrong, though. They could easily formulate some kind of backstory that takes both sides into account -- some tale of betrayal, ceremonial names, ancient pacts, and all that meaty stuff. Maybe Shaitan ceded some Dreadlords to Twilight under the mantle of Glacius, as part of some obscure Darkwalker thing. That's why I mentioned the return of Twilight; secret pacts and mystical names are his forte.

But as for us players, I'd leave it fallow. Doing anything more is presumptive, and probably stepping on toes.

---

As to your original question, I have no idea. :D