Achaea merchandise now available!

Comments

• maybe I just have too much faith in people, and would assume that with the way current marketing in the world works they would understand that a symbol is quite obviously a logo for something, regardless of how pretty it is.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • I think you probably have too much faith in people.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Yeah, I was going to say it'd look like a random pretty design, but that seemed to go without saying. Even with Achaea on it they might just think it's a brand of clothing. A very sexy brand of clothing.
  • @Aepas: I think you're failing to realise that not everything will be seen as marketing. There are plenty of pretty designs that exist for pure aesthetics. Or, if it is recognised as a logo, it'll probably be seen as a clothing company or a university -- things that are more widely marketed that way.
  • edited September 2012
    well, I simply try not to complain too much without offering solutions or reasons, but I guess I could just say the new logo is not in my taste.

edit: made words less harsh :P
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • I'd imagine so. Licking your screen would be highly inadvisable.
  • CrathenCrathen Ireland
    edited September 2012
    Hardly. It's "highly inadvisable" to, say, fall down a flight of stairs. Or to have a verbal showdown with someone wittier than you. And so forth. Licking your screen isn't "highly inadvisable" - I've just tried - it just makes you feel kind of dumb and look over your shoulder to check if there's anyone there (not sure why there'd be someone just standing there in my bedroom anyway, but whatever)
  • If your laptop gets water-damaged, good luck explaining the reason.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I don't have all that much saliva, thankfully. I did once spill a glass of milk on my laptop. Died immediately. Though it's interred in the garage now, where I understand a very fine cheese is now being cultivated. e-cheese.
  • I read 'e-cheese' and thought '4gate'.

Thank you, I needed reminding.

• I was just thinking that an Achaea shirt would be awesome to have a couple days ago!  Thanks Sarapis!  :D
  • I like Crathen. Not in a gay way, just in a "Hey man, I wanted to say that you're lookin' okay, man."
  • Jiraishin said:
    If your laptop gets water-damaged, good luck explaining the reason.
    That's not water.
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    I am Spartacus.

• Epic notebook.
    Chocobos with rum.
  • I love the Jester Atavian... I'd love to see a tarot flinging Occie picture though
  • How do I change the color of the dragon logo t-shirt? (under the hoodie sytles) I want a pink one to say I am aware of boobies this month.
  • I don't think there's an option for a pink hoodie sadly.
  • Damn, that looks awesome.

• Should sell the boardgame 'Risk', skinned to Delphinus' map.  Then I could achieve my dream of seeing Cyrene conquer the known world!
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • I still await the Laptop coolpad with fan. With Achaea on it, The Achaea compasses atop of the fans. I'm going to buy a new one, been using mine now for over a year. Also they keypad is a good choice with directions and some more buttons to use for macros. Those two are the ones I would buy instantly. Even if I already got a num pad on this comp, my old one missed a num pad and I had to buy an usb num pad, it would be so neat to have one with directions on instead of numbers also a good way to have a couple of extra buttons for macros. Like if you also would buy these two items =)
  • Melodie said:
    While the map looks awesome, the color in your office does not. :-/
    Heh, color distortion from the light, though my office is indeed fairly 'loud' color-wise. 2 walls are green, 2 walls are red.
  • @Salik Zazzle doesn't offer the ability to create those I'm afraid.

• is it ok to use the Achaean logo and compass and order a coolpad for my laptop at another store or is that breaking against some rule or agreement?
  • Sure, go for it. As long as you're not selling them, we don't mind.
  • Great gonna get one ordered on next pay check, I'll post a pic of it when I get it, and I won't sell it but it would be awesome to have one so people at dreamhack can see it and hopefully try Achaea out and join in =)
  • edited October 2012
    Sylvance said:
    Should sell the boardgame 'Risk', skinned to Delphinus' map.  Then I could achieve my dream of seeing Cyrene conquer the known world!
    Or Diplomacy.... 

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.