Ship Transactions at Harbours

Presently, you must disembark to make use of any of a harbours provisions or the like. I would like to see things like purchasing provisions or hiring crew doable from a ship, similar to ship trade. Like with ship trade, the costs for the provisions or crew would be subtracted from the ship's strongbox.

Comments

• Seems really low priority, but no real reason to not allow this that I can think of.

• +1 to OP

• RuthRuth Singapore
    I would like it if it were possible to make purchases of harbour cargo on a ship when you are adjacent to a harbour? Make it have a crew balance or something.

The inability to dock to purchase harbour cargo due to the lack of ship capacity spaces after sailing to a harbour is a little annoying.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:
    I would like it if it were possible to make purchases of harbour cargo on a ship when you are adjacent to a harbour? Make it have a crew balance or something.

The inability to dock to purchase harbour cargo due to the lack of ship capacity spaces after sailing to a harbour is a little annoying.
    Which harbours tend to have maxed capacity for trade cargo? I've never really had an issue with it, personally.

That said, just costing a crew balance would defeat things like docking fees, so if you were going to make it possible to purchase cargo on a ship adjacent to a harbour you'd probably have to add in both the docking fee and an additional surcharge (harbourmaster has to send boats out to you, after all). Otherwise, I don't necessarily have an issue with this.
  • Inuad said:
    Ruth said:

Which harbours tend to have maxed capacity for trade cargo? I've never really had an issue with it, personally.

That said, just costing a crew balance would defeat things like docking fees, so if you were going to make it possible to purchase cargo on a ship adjacent to a harbour you'd probably have to add in both the docking fee and an additional surcharge (harbourmaster has to send boats out to you, after all). Otherwise, I don't necessarily have an issue with this.
    Thraasi, and sometimes Shala-Khulia (though I think its capacity got increased). Mostly Thraasi.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited May 2013
    Thraasi, yeah. I've been waiting for Thraasi to clear out for roughly a RL day already.

• edited May 2013
    My fault. I left my ship moored across five spots.

Seamark:             Thraasi
    Area:                The Thraasi Foothills
    Capacity:            30/50
    Type:                Man-made

That's Thraasi right now. I've never really seen it's capacity jump too much more than that, though maybe there are certain times of day when everyone likes to crowd the harbour?

More to your suggestion though, does it seem agreeable that you'd have to pay a fee if accepting cargo from outside the harbour, to cover, at the very least, the docking fees?
  • Inuad said:
    My fault. I left my ship moored across five spots.

Seamark:             Thraasi
    Area:                The Thraasi Foothills
    Capacity:            30/50
    Type:                Man-made

That's Thraasi right now. I've never really seen it's capacity jump too much more than that, though maybe there are certain times of day when everyone likes to crowd the harbour?

More to your suggestion though, does it seem agreeable that you'd have to pay a fee if accepting cargo from outside the harbour, to cover, at the very least, the docking fees?
    Looks like the capacity was increased in the last couple weeks (possibly just today, assuming @Ruth was hitting the usual 30/30).
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah, Thraasi used to be 30 and was constantly full. I've had to ask people to move their ships so I can get in there several times already and I sail very infrequently.

ETA: That's not to say that you should be able to carry out trade deals outside of harbours, since that's a terrible idea; just offering clarification on the situation with Thraasi. Good to see that the cap was increased.

• This is ninjaweaved frequentishly. When it becomes an issue, some very benevolent coder saves the day.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Yay. It was 30/30 yesterday. Glad that it's 50 now.

• I'm curious how long it takes until it's 50/50 most of the time, filled by a rush of ships reserving these new spots.

• Echald said:

I'm curious how long it takes until it's 50/50 most of the time, filled by a rush of ships reserving these new spots.

Given that Tasur'ke rarely fills up, I doubt Thraasi will have much of a problem.