Removal of STAT STATS Deaths

2»

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    10 deaths for every 1 kill is my goal.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I can see it. I like to keep a general 1:2 K:D for myself, as I get ganked a fair amount. To me, it doesn't really change anything, but I've seen people that it affects amazingly. It's strange to me when people complain about their KDR rather than the XP they lost. KDR is essentially a made up number, and if I added all the denizen deaths I have I'd be at 3 or 4:1.

It's a kind of false number, but on that note I'll say players made that number, not the game. The game has said how many times you die to a player, and how many you die to a denizen. The game has said how many players you killed, and how many denizens. People did the math themselves and I'll say it's their fault. I like my KDR, even though it's in the negative.

Now, when IRE can add a "Number of levels you gained without learning how to fight" category, I'll be happy. That way all our lupine serpents can feel like bad people.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • That last line.  Gold.
    -----------------------------
    @DontarionDrakor for twitter boredom.

• Sena said:

How would you differentiate between aggressive actions used to help someone or to hurt them?

It might be a bit clunky regarding actual accuracy, but pretty hard to abuse.

Hanged-manners would sure do their job more! ( cough hirst )
  • Any 'hostile' actions within X seconds of the target dying (10 probably) would put you on the assist table.

This would be anything that forcibly impacts your character  A) In a negative way or B) In a way you didn't control.

It might result in people who lust/deliver someone who is numbed/bleeding getting accidental assists, but it'd be worth it. There's also the possibility of adding 'standing in a dangerous room with earrings' to the assist total, I'd get plenty of assists on Dunn that way.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I agree. Deathsights should have an added assist column. League of Legends has it. Why can't Achaea?

• Silas would hourglass
  • Iocun said:
    Jhui said:
    How would you differentiate between aggressive actions used to help someone or to hurt them?
    It might be a bit clunky regarding actual accuracy, but pretty hard to abuse. Hanged-manners would sure do their job more! ( cough hirst )
    Suggesting that Hirst isn't hangedmanning enough is like suggesting water doesn't contain enough dihydrogen monoxide.
    But just think of how many hangedman opportunities he's missing with all that pitting.
  • He never pits me :(