level dead zone mid 80s

Comments

• Naisar said:
    Stuff

I'm not sure there's an easy solution for that.
    More higher level bashing areas.
  • Yeah that'll help, but it's treating the symptoms instead of the disease.  The fundamental problem is that the only way characters are removed from the pool is by going dormant, so the amount of people competing for high-end areas just grows larger over time.
  • Naisar said:
    Yeah that'll help, but it's treating the symptoms instead of the disease.
    And it will also add to the "disease" of xp-farming getting easier and easier and dragons slowly becoming the "expected minimum".

I honestly don't see why there must be high amounts of bashing targets available to everyone at any given moment.
  • I'd just like a way to get xp other than obscure quests or killing everything in the world five times over :(
  • I hope Achaea never does instances, and if it does I hope they're at least not called instances.
  • "Achaeans!  The weave of the realms has shifted, and beings of Chaos and the unknown are seeping through and corroding the world!  You must enter these areas and slaughter them to stem the tides!"

There, (awful) premise for how instances could be justified.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Didn't work too well for Kerindala or whatever :P
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor

Kyrra said:
    You could actually get there? Damn it, why did I not go?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Sena said:
    I hope Achaea never does instances, and if it does I hope they're at least not called instances.
    They're called diving.
    Oh damn.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Katzchen said:

Kyrra said:

Yeah, could go through the portal for a while but it was pretty fatal for most folk on the other side.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Penwize said:
    A while back we had an event with wyvern reflections that split into two stronger ones when you killed them.  That mechanic returned the halloween following it with zombies that did the same thing.  A whole room took a very long time to clear with those, was solidly rewarding, and if done wrong exploded in your face and killed you.  That sort of thing was really interesting, and I would love to see an area of mobs with that mechanic return as a permanent feature.  Make it big enough and a handful of people could share it without emptying it out.
    Yes, I enjoyed the hell out of the wyverns. And also those things on Prin do this. The ones that turn into the... wow, its been so long since I've done it, I can't remember what either form is, what they start out as, or what they turn into. I just remember 1) it startled the hell out of me the first time I encountered them, and 2) they were actually a challenge (I was low-90s when I first bashed there). But yes, more things like this would be great.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Bring back ormyrr please  [-O<
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Achilles said:

They were allied with Mhaldor... do you really want them in off peak raiding parties?

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Kyrra said:
    They were allied with Mhaldor... do you really want them in off peak raiding parties?
    Given Mhaldor's strong player base in the Pacific Rim that is the worst time to raid Mhaldor anyways.  Mhaldor is Targossas opposite in not only philosophy but time zones too.
  • Crits increase bit by bit on each level. There is no magic boost at 92. For the mid 80 crisis, I would suggest Meropis. That place is gold for 85 to 93.

• Arador said:
    Crits increase bit by bit on each level. There is no magic boost at 92. For the mid 80 crisis, I would suggest Meropis. That place is gold for 85 to 93.
    Until it gets @Penwize-d
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • Arador said:
    Crits increase bit by bit on each level. There is no magic boost at 92. For the mid 80 crisis, I would suggest Meropis. That place is gold for 85 to 93.
    Yeah, the increase is surprisingly linear per level. 92 just happens to be when you hit 30%, and around that point and beyond is when it starts really speeding things up and making a big difference. When you can expect a crit every third attack, that's tremendous. But you are right that it is linear and level 92 is an arbitrary point along the line, not a special tipping point.

I had not seen @Eld's formula before but it is very helpful: ((level-25)/100)^3.

80 - 16.6375%
    81 - 17.5616%
    82 - 18.5193%
    83 - 19.5112%
    84 - 20.5379%
    85 - 21.6%
    86 - 22.6981%
    87 - 23.8328%
    88 - 25.0047%
    89 - 26.2114%
    90 - 27.4625%
    91 - 28.7496%
    92 - 30.0763%
    93 - 31.4432%
    94 - 32.8509%
    95 - 34.3%
    96 - 35.7911%
    97 - 37.3248%
    98 - 38.9017%
    99 - 40.5224%
    100 - 42.1875%
  • This formula dictates that once you hit level 125, you have 100% crit rate... @Penwize?
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • It doesn't keep increasing after level 100 (seems to be capped at 99, actually).
  • Xli said:
    This formula dictates that once you hit level 125, you have 100% crit rate... @Penwize?
    Think, man. That would mean that every attack was a World Shattering Thingymawhatsit :D
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    Kyrra said:

Kyrra said:
    Yeah, could go through the portal for a while but it was pretty fatal for most folk on the other side.
    Death is often the price you pay for poking around interesting places. :P Never stopped me before.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Taraus said:
    Penwize said:
    A while back we had an event with wyvern reflections that split into two stronger ones when you killed them.  That mechanic returned the halloween following it with zombies that did the same thing.  A whole room took a very long time to clear with those, was solidly rewarding, and if done wrong exploded in your face and killed you.  That sort of thing was really interesting, and I would love to see an area of mobs with that mechanic return as a permanent feature.  Make it big enough and a handful of people could share it without emptying it out.
    Yes, I enjoyed the hell out of the wyverns. And also those things on Prin do this. The ones that turn into the... wow, its been so long since I've done it, I can't remember what either form is, what they start out as, or what they turn into. I just remember 1) it startled the hell out of me the first time I encountered them, and 2) they were actually a challenge (I was low-90s when I first bashed there). But yes, more things like this would be great.
    Shrouds turn into pumas, spectres turn into cockatrices.
  • Kalvon said:
    There appears to be some sort of dead zone of leveling around the 80s. You're kinda past the stage where you can't gain experience as fast anymore, but not quite high enough to crit enough for faster bashing. In terms of time spent hunting to regain experience per death, this is probably the worst zone to be in. Dragons don't lose much experience on death and can hunt quite easily, and I believe up to somewhere in the 90s this is also true. I don't have any solid data to back this up, just purely anecdotal evidence. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Maybe yes maybe no. Way I see it, lvl 80 is your happy day point. I love being able to not sleep or eat. Anything past that is nothing more than a bonus to yourself. bonus health, bonus dragons, etc etc. I don't honestly mind it being difficult to get up past that, it requires the dedication to get there. I know it's a bit different now, but I remember when dragon was something you really wanted in order to get it. It's still pretty hard, but the Iron elite ruined a lot of that.

Dragons are more common, and you can steal 25% of your way to dragon with Iron elite. But still, it should be something that is a main focus and something you really want. I have IE, I won't lie, but dragon is not my main concern. I'm sure I'll get it someday, as the general trend heads upwards, especially if you play for years and years.

All I'm saying is that after 80, it all deserves to be a deadzone as far as I can see, something that proves your own dedication to the task at hand. Maybe I'm wrong, but I enjoy things much more difficult and caustic.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Aepas said:
    Kalvon said:
    There appears to be some sort of dead zone of leveling around the 80s. You're kinda past the stage where you can't gain experience as fast anymore, but not quite high enough to crit enough for faster bashing. In terms of time spent hunting to regain experience per death, this is probably the worst zone to be in. Dragons don't lose much experience on death and can hunt quite easily, and I believe up to somewhere in the 90s this is also true. I don't have any solid data to back this up, just purely anecdotal evidence. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Maybe yes maybe no. Way I see it, lvl 80 is your happy day point. I love being able to not sleep or eat. Anything past that is nothing more than a bonus to yourself. bonus health, bonus dragons, etc etc. I don't honestly mind it being difficult to get up past that, it requires the dedication to get there. I know it's a bit different now, but I remember when dragon was something you really wanted in order to get it. It's still pretty hard, but the Iron elite ruined a lot of that.

Dragons are more common, and you can steal 25% of your way to dragon with Iron elite. But still, it should be something that is a main focus and something you really want. I have IE, I won't lie, but dragon is not my main concern. I'm sure I'll get it someday, as the general trend heads upwards, especially if you play for years and years.

All I'm saying is that after 80, it all deserves to be a deadzone as far as I can see, something that proves your own dedication to the task at hand. Maybe I'm wrong, but I enjoy things much more difficult and caustic.
    Whether or not getting from 80 to 99 should remain difficult, there's still a range of levels where the xp loss from a single death is disproportionate to the amount gained from a given amount of time spent hunting. You could address that without making it substantially easier to get dragon, for example by further reducing the xp loss for death or perhaps just lowering the cap on that xp loss. That way a single pk death isn't a huge setback and people who are trying to bash to dragon aren't disincentivised (as much, anyway) from participating in conflict, but it's not substantially easier to get all the way to dragon provided that your progress isn't limited by deaths to denizens (which it shouldn't be, if you're hunting efficiently - i.e., you don't die to denizens as ridiculously often as me).
  • Nailed it, @Eld. This is precisely why I have a bashing alt and a PvP alt. Well, that and bards sucked ass until recently, but I digress.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • @Korben, I think what you say makes sense, but I predict a lot of rage if Achaea ever releases an area you have to pay credits to get to.
  • I suppose there WAS some rage about islands ... but not much, and they've been overall a benefit to the game.