The Anime and Manga Thread

Comments

• Vayne said:
    Oh that reminds me, I just finished  Guilty Crown, its plot bears a striking resemblance to Code Geass.
    Oh, I think that's the anime someone told me about a boy who has the ability to steal souls from a genetic experiment gone wrong and is similar to Bleach.

Black Cat is still my favorite though, way awesome fight scenes. 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited September 2012
    For the Touhou-heads out there, happy Cirno day!

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Vayne said:
    Oh that reminds me, I just finished  Guilty Crown, its plot bears a striking resemblance to Code Geass.
    Oh, I think that's the anime someone told me about a boy who has the ability to steal souls from a genetic experiment gone wrong and is similar to Bleach.

Black Cat is still my favorite though, way awesome fight scenes. 

I would not think to draw parallels between Guilty Crown and Bleach, but Black Cat is good stuff.
  • By the way, I'm a casual osu! player, and am looking for some good anime OPs/EDs, or even songs used in the anime itself. That's also where I got most of my anime soundtracks, heh.

I personally loved Kotoko's performance on Kannazuki no Miko's ED and OP. I also was turned a fan of Tohou music and remixes, especially those released by Silver Forest - and this without even playing one bit of the game! :P If ever you watched my LoL stream, odds are you'll hear it. That's how much I liked them!

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• I miss Pokemon anime. 

• Sword Art Online. Holy -.
  • edited September 2012
    Code Geass probably my favourite. I loved Soul Eater, and I found Higurashi pretty good too. I can't remmeber everything I've watched off the top of my head, but the consistently good ones I've been watching for ages now are Naruto, Bleach and more recently One Piece. I didn't really want to get into Bleach and One Piece because of the fanboy and 'popular manga/anime crap' associated with them, but I decided to give them a try and I'm grateful I did. 

Grave of the fireflies is officially the only film ever to make me shed a tear.

• I've been watching Wakfu. It's pretty.
  • Delphinus said:
    I've been watching Wakfu. It's pretty.
    There's weaboo, and there's ouiaboo. This, my friend, is pure ouiaboo.

(Yes, Wakfu is damn awesome)

Also happens to be my favorite scene.

• Man, Wakfu is so awesome. And cute. It's one of those fun series which are just so awesomely cute!

Are they available on Netflix? I hope so!

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • So I watched Berserk, thinking 'oh it's done and it's only 25 episodes. cool!'

then it ends really abruptly without showing some pretty vital stuff, so I check out the manga to see if they explain it. Find out there's a lot more, and it's not done, the anime only covered one story arc.

And then I find out, uh...the manga is kinda graphic and the anime left most of that aspect out <_<.

I'm scarred.
  • A lot of animes are like that compared to their manga counterparts. Elfen Lied sticks out really well in that regard, the anime ended probably less than halfway through the actual story, and was nowhere near as brutal and awesome as the manga.

Anyways, I just finished watching Is This a Zombie? on hulu...despite how utterly ridiculous and stupid it is at times, I laughed quite often despite myself and would reccomend for anyone looking for something goofy.

• Tagg said:
    So I watched Berserk, thinking 'oh it's done and it's only 25 episodes. cool!'

then it ends really abruptly without showing some pretty vital stuff, so I check out the manga to see if they explain it. Find out there's a lot more, and it's not done, the anime only covered one story arc.

And then I find out, uh...the manga is kinda graphic and the anime left most of that aspect out <_<.

I'm scarred.
    The world of Berserk is basically if Mhaldor won.

• Shunsui said:

A lot of animes are like that compared to their manga counterparts. Elfen Lied sticks out really well in that regard, the anime ended probably less than halfway through the actual story, and was nowhere near as brutal and awesome as the manga.

Anyways, I just finished watching Is This a Zombie? on hulu...despite how utterly ridiculous and stupid it is at times, I laughed quite often despite myself and would reccomend for anyone looking for something goofy.

hated that they did this with Fruits Basket as well. The anime never even introduced all the Zodiac members. 

• How about the way they completely messed up Claymore?

• Kazu said:
    How about the way they completely messed up Claymore?
    Haven't watched the anime nor read the manga, though I know of Claymore. How bad was it?

• edited October 2012
    IIRC, they basically made it so that there's no way to continue the series past where it is.  Was a real disappointment to be honest, since most of the parts were spot on up to the ending.  However, my memory might just be faulty.

Also, when are they going to continue D.Grey Man?! I've really missed that series, and I still have that melody from it stuck in my head.  Really excited for the next season of  Hajime no Ippo as well.

Also, it kinda sucks that Bleach is ending.  I've been reading/watching it for so long.

• I'm sorta liking the final manga arc for Bleach. For some reason I like the fact that some of the good guys are actually dying, and that we finally get to see some of til now unrevealed bankais (squeal yamamoto, please do Shunsui's next)

Sorta sucks that the anime is stopping before the final arc, but oh wells!

• Shunsui said:

I'm sorta liking the final manga arc for Bleach. For some reason I like the fact that some of the good guys are actually dying, and that we finally get to see some of til now unrevealed bankais (squeal yamamoto, please do Shunsui's next)

Sorta sucks that the anime is stopping before the final arc, but oh wells!

And then it turns out that everybody lives. Daaaaamn you Kubo! Here's to hoping that the manga ending is ok.

• Finally got around to watching Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai. Oh God, my memories.

• Mid-way through NHK ni Youkoso. Its depressing yet uplifting at the same time. Those feels.
  • Oh nice, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha(basically RPG + Economics) is airing, and so is Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT. Yayifications!

• My favorite one is Death Note. The concept is wonderful.

Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • @Synbios Maoyuu Maou Yuusha has been decent for the first few episodes. I got a good laugh for them at least.

• Chobits manga ending was so much more awesome than the anime. A comic freaking made me cry! Not just a couple of tears but full "BWHAHAH THAT MEANS.. AND HE... SO SHE... WAHHHHHHHHHH TO BEAUTIFUL!"
  • Kazu said:
    @Synbios Maoyuu Maou Yuusha has been decent for the first few episodes. I got a good laugh for them at least.

Laughed at the Yuusha body pillow-hug. I got that warm and fuzzy feeling moment when I saw that.

• Lol, that's exactly the thing I was thinking about when I wrote that post.

• Kazu said:
    Lol, that's exactly the thing I was thinking about when I wrote that post.
    I like that the 'Teleport' spell used in many RPGs has its practical uses for the Yuusha. Makes me wish I had that spell. Imagine - never be late for class. No traffic problems. 

• I haven't watched too much lately. Though that should change. I have to watch Sword Art Online at some point because the people who worked on it will be at Sakura con this year. >_>

I am behind on Fairy Tail as well.

I'd recommend Fairy Tail, Eureka Seven, GTO and all Gundam/Macross!