Wedding Annex of Thera (or Delos...or both!)

Currently, there is a small void.  There are those who are cityless, houseless, patronless, and as such, are unable to get married (formally). Yes, it's a very very small percentage of the playerbase, where both partners have this situation, but it would help to streamline the whole thing. 

I would like to propose the construction of a Wedding annex. Or a few with different venues/settings? There are, yes, the lolmarriages, but this would at least save embarrassing a Divine. 

The entryway would be simple, with an attendant you can make arrangements with (a sign with directions, like Fronck and the furniture). 
There would be a shop (or three) in the complex with generic jewelry, attire, food, flowers, candles, makeup, and probably other things I'm forgetting. 

Each complex would have a maybe two or three rooms 'upstairs' for bridal preparation, or those rooms would be attached to the actual wedding rooms. 

The wedding rooms could be different venues....one could/would be an intimate chapel-type place, while another could have very high vaulted ceilings and stained glass like a cathedral. In Thera, a door could lead to a 'forest' themed area, but a wedding complex in Delos could lead to the River or the sea (or both!) (Or more...mountains, waterfalls, rooms can be 'painted' for anything). Each room could/would cost a different price. Each room would have an attendant that fit the theme. The attendants would be the ones who perform the actual marriage (something akin to the bloodline registry where both have to agree and by signing the wedding registry you get the line in SCore). 

The rooms could also be used by people who have house/city/order mates who could use the actual MARRY syntax; when organizing the whole thing with the denizen in the entrance room, you can opt to not hire the denizen in the room, and it would lower the cost (that denizen doesn't need to be 'paid' for their time), but you could hire musicians (like from the ballroom in Sahart's in *shallam) to play the wedding march and dance music and so on. 

Edit: 
Some of the things this would help alleviate are: 

- scheduling problems with getting everybody in one place at one time. Now, you just HAVE to have the two of you, you don't have to be dependent on a Divine/houseleader/city official/what-have-you. One less person in the equation.

- disappointment and/or stress from scheduling problems (see above). 

- 'limited' options for those who find it impossible to decide, yet a wide enough variety to appeal to a large group of people.

Edit #2 - 

Justification: 

- dragon ceremonies are automated now, why not marriages too?
- While those who wish to do something special at a certain beach or room that they hold near and dear, this at least would provide options for those who have none (see opening paragraphs). Marriages could still be performed the other way, but this would help streamline the process for all who wished to opt-in. 

Edit #3
(I keep remembering things from when i was randomly fleshing this out but didn't write anythign down)

one of the shops could have a denizen who bundles flowers into bouquets for you...if you give her (or him) a half dozen of any type of flower, they can bind it into a wedding bouquet for you with whatever colour ribbon you want. Can also do single flowers for boutineers/corsages and the like. 

Comments

• I like this idea. This is a good idea.

Even if I'm Mhaldorian, which makes marriage even more complicated.

• edited April 2013
    There are lots of ways to get married, but I would love to see a 'little white chapel' created for those that end up going the "ISSUE ME" route, or something similar.  Least this way you could have a really nice scripted denizen doing it so that it gets to be RP'd out.

I like this.

-edit- It's like dragon ceremonies, artefact upgrades, things that can be automated quickly so that the awesome folk that spend time on these things, spend less on them and more on everything that can't be automated.
  • I approve of this idea: It could be the Achaean version of getting married in Vegas :P

Maybe an easier way as well could be to just have access to a denizen celebrant who can be hired for the day to marry the couple in any location of their choosing, be it on mainland or offplane. Vows could be triggered using key words so the denizens won't even have to be played by an admin.

The wedding florist would be a brilliant addition though, especially for those who can't get a hold of Lysia if she wanders into a city you might be enemied to.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• I kind of want to stay away from Elvis Impersonators though. >.> I was trying to not draw the Vegas parallel, hehe.

• Bumping because it looks like Cardan is going through threads >.> (Pick me! Pick me!)

• This is a an awesome idea. I would love to see this implemented. Should definitely pick this one!