[Mudlet] Need Help Creating A Pathing System

Hey - 

I have a setup that I've been using since zmud was the only client everyone used, and I'd really really love to have it in mudlet - but my knowledge of lua is very limited. Here's what I have in z/cmud:

Alias1 - sets the value of my 'MapPath' variable to nw|ne|n|n|n|w|n

Key2 - executes the first direction in MapPath and removes it from the value of the variable - in this example, it would move me northwest.

#Alias sbp {#Ec Basic path set.;#Var MapPath {nw|ne|n|n|n|w|n}}

#Key DEC {#Execute @MapPath.1;#Call %pop( MapPath)}

Simple, no? I don't have many credits, having spent the bulk of them getting Svo, but whoever can help me with this is welcome to my last five. 

“Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is real, and you're just a reflection of him?” - Bill Watterson,  Calvin & Hobbes

Comments

• The easiest solution would be to just use the existing Mudlet Mapper, with associated script packages for IRE games. You can download it at http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/IRE_mapping_script.
  • I have the mudlet mapper - and use it to get from A - B often enough. What I want is the ability to create aliases of specific paths that I can go through with my macro.

The applications are obvious, but the biggest and most appealing one is to make a 'path' of an area that I want to patrol as a druid, or bash, or harvest, and I can keep pressing my macro as my task (whatever it happens to be) is complete in each room, so that I don't have to constantly check the map to see where I'm standing, or which direction I wish to go.

It makes everything a lot more efficient, the hardest part is making the initial 'path' aliases, 'cause I gotta walk around an entire area and write down the directions I take.

“Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is real, and you're just a reflection of him?” - Bill Watterson,  Calvin & Hobbes

• Try searching the mudlet forums for speedwalking.
  • @Dragonknight -

That's almost exactly what I need, except it doesn't allow for -me- to control when it takes a step. I need to be able to set a path - similarly to how the speedwalking lets you do so - but rather than a delay between steps, I want to manually - via macro - toggle the next movement.

• @Dragonknight has helped me - and by 'helped' I mean he essentially told me exactly what I'd need to do - sort this out!

Many thanks.