Grove!

Forest by the water's edge.
The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. Several triumphant pine specimens linger in close proximity to the water's edge here, evidently flourishing. The loose soil underfoot is disturbed by the incessant rhythm of unhurried, rolling waves emerging from the lake and reluctantly receding. The view of the lake is hampered considerably by a body of thick mist which descends upon the surface a little way out. Cattails poke their spear-like fronds above the surface of the waters, their fuzzy brown heads like the pikes of a hundred soldiers standing at attention. A lush, viridian plant flourishes amongst the surrounding vegetation. An ancient willow leans out over the lake letting its long, feathery boughs trail in the water like fingers.

It's a work-in-progress that I casually felt like drawing in the middle of the night at 2-3 AM.
Not finished, but just to show a step-by-step! I don't really have much experience in drawing landscapes so this was pretty new to me.
Not sure where I was supposed to put this, as the other thread was only for characters, and there doesn't seem to be any place for random doodlings. <_>

If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!

Comments

• Teach me your ways.
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Practice really hard and lots of references to trees! \o/
  • JUST SCENERY IN GENERAL, THOUGH. :C
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• YaeYae
    edited May 2013
    The sad part is that I'm not really sure what I'm doing in general.

Process: *watches a scenery tutorial on youtube and was inspired while Delphinus and Oceana were testing out the new druid changes and suddenly: oh, hey i want to draw my grove. I will do this even though it's 2:30 AM. *crawls out of bed and spends next hour squinting at screen*

This is the thing I was listening to before that though:
  • I shall destroy this.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."