The Annals of History

So while I was sitting in on a history lesson @Hataru was giving to a returning Knight, it was noticed that in regards to Events, the dates of the events don't seem to be actually recorded a lot of the time. They're just stories, and although the dates at the bottom of the Events post gives an IG date, that's the date it was actually posted....not when it happened. A lot of these are posted after some time when the event actually happened. 

I would suggest some sort of section where the events can be recorded in accordance to the time periods they actually happened. The history section of the Achaea website seems a bit neglected, so not sure if it's the workings or not, but under Modern History the Chronological list of events stops at 302 AF. The format used for the Chronological Order is exactly what I'm talking about, which I think would be a simple, easy to maintain way to keep track of the major events that happen through Achaean history.

So I would like to propose that we revive that particular project, and make it available through some IG format in some way or another.

Comments

• HataruHataru Midwest USA
    I'd love this to pieces.

Which should be unsurprising since my complaining to @Kresslack is what boosted his creativity to think about it.

It really is a pain when you're a guild (ahem house) historian and perhaps dormant for lets say 5 months while something major happens and you come back and can't even update files because no one actually writes down specific dates of most things and the only dates you have are the dates which specific divine were killed during some I dunno huge event fight that happened and then you can't even give the date your divine was reput back into like one person because I dunno the events news doesn't have the specific date and neither does his help file.

Jussaying though, I like the idea.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Just a note that everyone who has played more than 30 hours can update the Achaean lore wiki (wiki.achaea.com), so feel free to add as much information to that!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Tecton said:
    Just a note that everyone who has played more than 30 hours can update the Achaean lore wiki (wiki.achaea.com), so feel free to add as much information to that!
    Aye, but it's a bit different what I'm proposing. This would just be a simple list of major events alongside the date the occured. For an expanding on an event in particular, it could perhaps be linked to corresponding Achaea Wiki page. Just a thought.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. It's hard to find concrete dates for things sometimes. One thing that helps is people generating IG books or help scrolls or concurrent adventurer posts track of actual dates of events. It's usually left up to an enterprising historian/scholar type person to keep tabs of stuff like this, like Hataru mentioned.

Under normal circumstances I'd say it's the responsibility of players to keep track of ig stuff like this, but I don't see anything wrong with something being written up to help keep the actual dates straight.

I don't know if I like 'HELP MODERN HISTORY' as an alternative. 

What if the actual IG date got added to future events posts?

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Kresslack said:
    Tecton said:
    Aye, but it's a bit different what I'm proposing. This would just be a simple list of major events alongside the date the occured. For an expanding on an event in particular, it could perhaps be linked to corresponding Achaea Wiki page. Just a thought.
    No reason that couldn't go on the wiki.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Sarapis said:
    Kresslack said:
    Tecton said:
    True. The point I was getting at though is that administration would probably have to supply the dates, for the sake of verification and ensuring they are correct.

• Incidentally, if someone were to create such a timeline, it'd certainly go onto the website as well as the wiki.
  • Kresslack said:
    Sarapis said:
    Kresslack said:
    Tecton said:
    True. The point I was getting at though is that administration would probably have to supply the dates, for the sake of verification and ensuring they are correct.
    The only dates we have are the ones in the events posts, so the dates would have to be estimates.