Two noobs.

edited April 2013 in North of Thera
Hello everyone! I hope I'm posting in the right subforum. Me and my friend recently started exploring MUDs and we stumbled upon Achaea and we both really like it. We have close to none experience with these kind of games and roleplaying but we are very eager to learn.

I wanted to make a thread where I can write about our progress and our views on Achaea. We started yesterday with the birth of a jester and a bard and have just started reading all the required scrolls provided by our house.

Is there anything the community think we should be aware of? Do you have any questions? I'll be watching this thread as much as I can and try to update it frequently.

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Welcome. A shorter version of Seftin's post is to be patient and it's probably the best advice anyone can give in a couple words.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I third what @Jonathin said. Patience=best thing in the world in Achaea.
  • Dear @Riclamin,

Good to have you and what a great thing you are doing by describing your reaction to Achaea.  Well done indeed. People like you and your friend are exactly what Achaea needs to exist. 

Patience.  You know...Had "they" told me that 18 years later...at the age of 467 I would be able to be Cobra STILL.  Wow.  Think of this. Twenty years from now...you will be able to log into your character (KEEP THOSE PASSWORDS).  And if you played correctly, everyone should welcome you with open arms, even if they hate you.  Why?  Because great people are hard to find.

Take care of yourself out there.

Sincerely,

Cobra

P.S. @Santar, New players are always the cutest.  It's when they age 300-400 years...that's when things get ugly.
  • Don't worry, I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere!

Since the last update I've got clothed with help from one of my fellow awesome house members, gotten to level 15, acquired a shield and some vials. Slowly getting used to all the commands and functions.

It's pretty much only me now so I guess the thread could be named "The noob" instead!
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I didn't even read "two noobs" when I first found the thread. I think that leaving it named how it is will give you more traffic.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Keep your character in mind, and don't slip out of it (really)!

Be open to new ideas and options. And take everything with a dose of salt. What is in game, stays in game. It's a game, after all.

• If you are interested in making a character that is going the evil route, I'm with team nasty. Send me a pm.
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • He IS team nasty.
    -----------------------------
    @DontarionDrakor for twitter boredom.

• Yaaaaaayy!!!!! Welcome and stuff. Bard is most awesome
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.