Your irl LOL or WTF moments

Not sure if this already exists. Hope it doesn't. Apologies if it does.

So, put down your irl LOL or WTF moments. You know, the strange happenings in your life that just scream one of these two things.

Two days ago, my two best friends, a cute girl and I were watching Skyfall. 5 minutes before the movie was going to end, the DVD player chose to shut off. My best friend that knows technology had gone to sleep by then. So, the other three of us tried to figure it out.

We phailed.

So, there were three of us, each with a masters degree and we couldn't figure out how to turn on a DVD player. Granted, my friend's apartment has so much electronic junk in it that it resembles the inside of a UFO, and even his "simple" crap like the DVD player looks like a DJ's turntables, but facepalms were a-plenty.

So, there you go. Come on, you can do better than this.

Comments

• Boss (in thick New York accent): "I'll make you happy baaabyyy"
    Me: "Stop being perverted."
    Boss (in thick New York accent): "Man, why do you always have to make it out to be like I'm perverted?"
    Coworker: "Dude, we're just busting your chops."
    Boss (in thick New York accent): "Ooohh, if you're gonna bust me, baby bust it reaaaaalll gooooood."

Case. In. Point.
  • So I putting a Yugo M72 Kit together, and saw the gas tube was marked m70b.  I cut and welded up a spare AKM gas tube I had to fit. 

Went to put together my Yugo M70b and found it had the M72 gas tube in it.

5 minutes of working would have saved 3 hours of labor.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Was asked for id at a bar, by a bartender who had JUST served me a drink or 13, when asking for cigarettes...Think you got your shit backwards there, bro, if you're gonna be dumb and break the law, break the "smaller" law.
  • The only 'WTF' moment in my life was when I crashed a truck.

• Daslin said:
    Was asked for id at a bar, by a bartender who had JUST served me a drink or 13, when asking for cigarettes...Think you got your shit backwards there, bro, if you're gonna be dumb and break the law, break the "smaller" law.
    I wish I still got ID'd. I used to hate the fact that I looked so young that I was asked for my ID all the time, but now that I'm 28 I'm starting to wish I did still look that young.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    It can go either way for me. I get carded and sometimes I don't.

My last WTF moment was the other day when I saw the price tag on a bottle of pepto bismol. Do they put platinum-plated gold flakes into it for 6 bucks a bottle?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I've always wondered that, why is Pepto so damn expensive?!
  • because when you need it, you'll pay anything for it
  • had another WTF moment today.  Went to walmart to buy laundry detergent.  came home with  3 boxes of ammo, a new fishing pole, and a case of beer.  totally forgot the detergent.

So back to walmart I go.

• Batang said:

had another WTF moment today.  Went to walmart to buy laundry detergent.  came home with  3 boxes of ammo, a new fishing pole, and a case of beer.  totally forgot the detergent.

So back to walmart I go.

• edited April 2013
    Batang said:

had another WTF moment today.  Went to walmart to buy laundry detergent.  came home with  3 boxes of ammo, a new fishing pole, and a case of beer.  totally forgot the detergent.

So back to walmart I go.

I did almost the same thing today. Went for curtains. Came back with 6 (thanks to a friend) boxes of .223, 3 bags of unshelled peanuts, and 4 towels because doing laundry is no fun.
    *and again, I forgot the curtains.
  • My WTF moment came on saturday night. Went out to dinner with the family and was looking over the menu.  I scroll down to the veal section.  Every single description under the veal section started the same way.  "Tender baby veal...".

I know what veal is, but WTF is "baby veal"?
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Specifying it's meat from a baby animal so they don't get hit with lawsuits for tricking people into eating something they may not want to.

I won't ever eat veal, suckling piglet or any other variety of baby animal for moral reasons. Not everyone knows that veal is calf meat as opposed to beef.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Specifying it's meat from a baby animal so they don't get hit with lawsuits for tricking people into eating something they may not want to. I won't ever eat veal, suckling piglet or any other variety of baby animal for moral reasons. Not everyone knows that veal is calf meat as opposed to beef.
    No, I understand the need to specify that it is meat from a baby animal. But the description didn't say baby cow or calf etc. it specifically said "baby veal".  If you don't know what veal is, reading the description "baby veal" won't help make it any clearer.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Baby is the age of meat source, veal is the meat. Like how venison is the name of deer meat.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Baby is the age of meat source, veal is the meat. Like how venison is the name of deer meat.
    Except that the word "veal" only applies to meat from babies.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    but veal is already calf (baby cow)...

Baby veal = cow foetus? >_>

• Skye said:
    but veal is already calf (baby cow)...

Baby veal = cow foetus? >_>
    That is exactly what I asked my sister when I showed it to her.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    If people want to be pedantic *shrug*

• Kyrra said:
    This is the internet, people always want to be pedantic.
  • Eld said:
    Kyrra said:
    This is the internet, people always want to be pedantic.

Couldn't find a good Family guy picture....so this will suffice

• Once I read druid classleads and threw my computer out a window.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Massive WTF moment, trying to find out why traffic is backed up on the highway.

Two cars going down the wrong side of the road, having a shoot out, and the guy with the gun is still loose, after putting some woman in hospital. And it's not fair from my home and office. :O

• Biggest LOL moment for me was when me and two of my friends (both girls) decided to take a break from thesis work and watch Paranormal Activity 2. So it got to the part where all the cupboards opened and there was this loud noise so both of the girls were scooching over to me who was, at this point, already at the corner of the wall.

One of my friend's sisters came home from school and opened the door very loudly and to us it sounded like the scene we just watched so we screamed at the top of our lungs. The other two event went as far as pulling me from the corner and trying to hide themselves with the pillows they were hugging. This all happened in less than ten seconds. What made it even more hilarious was that the sister, after hearing the screams, ran out of the appartment screaming as well and went back a few seconds later thinking we were pranking her.