Ask your Producer: April 2013

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I have a few questions actually...
    First, are there any plans to introduce player run cities on Meropis?

Second, have you guys considered expanding Universe tarot to be more true to it's description? Currently it claims it only works on the continent. sapience. However it only works on part of Sapience anywhere past where the wholist used to go empty, it just destroys the card. It would be neat to let skills like that function from greater distances and have more drop off points.

Last question from me, can we expect any of the jester overhaul to take place this classlead session, like suicide mice or something?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Solteria said:
    Will forestal classes forever be tied to Eleusis?
    I have learned all the lessons I can learn and have them piling up. Are there any plans to be able to use those lessons or at least be able to gift them to someone else or turn them to credits?
    Are there any plans for making ship trades more exciting and not the same things over and over?
    1) We'll see what the future brings, but no immediate plans to change the alchemist/forestal dynamic.
    2) There will be some additional uses for lessons in the future *taps nose*
    3) Adding more deals is relatively simple, once we have some new destinations and rewards, we'll try to spice up the trade routes.
    Jhui said:
    If/When artefact dirk stats get downgraded, will a full refund be available?
    Depends on the extent of the changes.
    Kaie said:
    I have a few questions actually...
    First, are there any plans to introduce player run cities on Meropis?

Second, have you guys considered expanding Universe tarot to be more true to it's description? Currently it claims it only works on the continent. sapience. However it only works on part of Sapience anywhere past where the wholist used to go empty, it just destroys the card. It would be neat to let skills like that function from greater distances and have more drop off points.

Last question from me, can we expect any of the jester overhaul to take place this classlead session, like suicide mice or something?
    1) We'd love to, but I don't think the population can support it at the moment.
    2) Might be something we'll consider in the future.
    3) We'll try and get most of the mechanical changes done as part of the current classlead evaluation.
  • When can we expect an expanded version of the QUEST system that newbies have?

How is this projected to be? Unnameable horror inclusive?

Also, is there any plan to provide more clues to quest approach, like hidden room objects, pull/turn/twist, phrases, how to interact with denizens via ask, greet/hi, keyword, say to, language speaking, etc (they are so weird, there are so many ways and you just have to try them all it seems like)?
    Rispok said:
    When can we expect an expanded version of the QUEST system that newbies have?

How is this projected to be? Unnameable horror inclusive?

Also, is there any plan to provide more clues to quest approach, like hidden room objects, pull/turn/twist, phrases, how to interact with denizens via ask, greet/hi, keyword, say to, language speaking, etc (they are so weird, there are so many ways and you just have to try them all it seems like)?
    1) We're still expanding it. You'll notice that most of the city quests are now in the system, with more being added daily. We'll keep chugging through them, and then onto the lowbie areas such as Actar and Manara. High-level areas are not a high priority at this stage, since it's primarily a tool for new players, so they will be more "as time permits."

2) The higher the level, the less hints and help you'll get, especially for honours quests and the like.

3) Not necessarily for the high-level quests.
  • edited April 2013
    a) Is there any hope of getting sea denizens/mobs like sea creatures that spawn randomly, that could give some experience, gold? I have had a ton of fun sailing with a group and taking on citadels, and the tail end of the formation of the Tears of Sarapis. Even if this was a specific area, which would potentially have a certain draw to it, and conflict, etc etc.

b) What is that piece of land in the far southeast piece of land in the Phocian Reaches, Ariettie said it was a banana. and when I park my ship next to it, it creates the following    " =( "  which is how not knowing what it is makes me feel! I swear I am not obsessed by this thing.

edit for kresslack: Spyglass works it gives you info command.. so when we were anchored next to a citadel we did... "info west" and it showed citadel12345, then "info west citadel123456" gave the whole pretty desc, other than that "harbour info <harbour> in range tells you if it's worth trying to dock at Aalen/Sealion or not" Not sure that helps at all.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    All of my questions are, naturally, relating to Seafaring curiosity:

Are there any plans to deepsea diving more interesting and potentially more profitable?

Is it possible to have more frequent encounters with creatures of the sea as well as npc vessels?

AB SEAFARING SPYGLASS still has no help file. Are there still intentions to create one and give spyglasses a more defined role in seafaring?

It was tossed around about a year ago in a suggestion thread I made, but is there a chance that potential for seafaring professions can be expanded, as has been done with Trading? We have items in game related to seafaring, such as harpoons, but I've yet to discover a use for them. I had suggested in the past maybe allowing something like Whaling, where commodities or resources could be gathered and sold from each catch.

• Thanks, glad to hear that. Hopefully we can eventually get enough of a population that we can build cities there.
  • Is there any way targetting NPCs can be more... Standardised? I bug report lots of lords who aren't men, or bugs that aren't insects, cats that aren't cats, doe that aren't deer and so forth. Any way we could have a like... Target assessment command? Or just some more information as to how to save our fingers and wrists while hunting without us just making scripts to do it for us.
  • 1 will there be any Pandora-artefact-Thursdays promotion or double-xp promotion like last year again?

2 have you ever considered expanding the Thousandth Door to places that new players cannot or are not likely to have access, like the Iron Alehouse, the Moon (and other killrooms like Storm of Eternity/Bad Luck Burrow if there are more), the Grotto of butterflies, Chenubian wings rooms, as they are added in the game? and since we are at it, in a less serious note, why not some more islands exits?

3 will the quest to summon the spawn of the unnamable horror be brought back? I know orphans were involved, but there are no more orphans now.

4 are there any plans to restart the Delosian Games or something similar?

5 revealing what is south of Meropis is in the plans for the near or far future?

6 are there plans to add new gods?

7 is there a high or low limit in how many Great Hunts are scheduled to happen every RL year?

8 why there is no pipe-smoking balance like most other cures have? 

9 are you considering adding perks on high explorer(/artisanal/riddle/combat/fishing) rankings, like dragon is for xp? (okay, not as big and game changing as a new class/race, but still something.. I've read a couple threads with ideas in old forums)

Hrm... I can't think of anything else right now, maybe later.
    Thanks for doing this Q&A and taking the time to go though all!

• Why are house rank powers not able to be changed?

Is there a way to make this something the players can do?
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Will other big damage abilitities (truename, bbt, axk) receive similar nerfs like dragon bite recently had?
    edited April 2013
    Kresslack said:
    All of my questions are, naturally, relating to Seafaring curiosity:

Are there any plans to deepsea diving more interesting and potentially more profitable?

Is it possible to have more frequent encounters with creatures of the sea as well as npc vessels?

AB SEAFARING SPYGLASS still has no help file. Are there still intentions to create one and give spyglasses a more defined role in seafaring?

It was tossed around about a year ago in a suggestion thread I made, but is there a chance that potential for seafaring professions can be expanded, as has been done with Trading? We have items in game related to seafaring, such as harpoons, but I've yet to discover a use for them. I had suggested in the past maybe allowing something like Whaling, where commodities or resources could be gathered and sold from each catch.
    1) No plans, we're pretty happy with most of the payouts from diving.
    2) See the above post.
    3) There's a filed bug about this, we'll get it fixed up ASAP
    4) A chance, always!
    Rispok said:
    Is there any way targetting NPCs can be more... Standardised? I bug report lots of lords who aren't men, or bugs that aren't insects, cats that aren't cats, doe that aren't deer and so forth. Any way we could have a like... Target assessment command? Or just some more information as to how to save our fingers and wrists while hunting without us just making scripts to do it for us.
    You're always pretty safe using what you see on IH as the target. One thing that we don't want to do is just have everything able to be targeted with "man" or "animal" as they just plow through the area with little regard for their surroundings.

Josoul said:
    1 will there be any Pandora-artefact-Thursdays promotion or double-xp promotion like last year again?

2 have you ever considered expanding the Thousandth Door to places that new players cannot or are not likely to have access, like the Iron Alehouse, the Moon (and other killrooms like Storm of Eternity/Bad Luck Burrow if there are more), the Grotto of butterflies, Chenubian wings rooms, as they are added in the game? and since we are at it, in a less serious note, why not some more islands exits?

3 will the quest to summon the spawn of the unnamable horror be brought back? I know orphans were involved, but there are no more orphans now.

4 are there any plans to restart the Delosian Games or something similar?

5 revealing what is south of Meropis is in the plans for the near or far future?

6 are there plans to add new gods?

7 is there a high or low limit in how many Great Hunts are scheduled to happen every RL year?

8 why there is no pipe-smoking balance like most other cures have? 

9 are you considering adding perks on high explorer(/artisanal/riddle/combat/fishing) rankings, like dragon is for xp? (okay, not as big and game changing as a new class/race, but still something.. I've read a couple threads with ideas in old forums)

Hrm... I can't think of anything else right now, maybe later.
    Thanks for doing this Q&A and taking the time to go though all!

1) Maybe! They're run as IRE-wide promotions, so it is not a decision that's mine to make. I'll be sure to bring it up as a request though.
    2) Entirely possible, yes.
    3) You may be seeing everyone's favourite little monstrosity again one day.
    4) No immediate plans, but that does seem like a good idea!
    5) Yes.
    6) No pressing ones.
    7) Nope! It is quite easy to get burnt out on them though, so we run them sparingly.
    8) Has always been that way. We've been pondering some additions that may change this paradigm though.
    9) Not any time in the near future.

Thanks for your questions!
    Rispok said:
    Why are house rank powers not able to be changed?

The intention is to use positions and aideships to do the job more effectively.

Achilles said:
    Will other big damage abilitities (truename, bbt, axk) receive similar nerfs like dragon bite recently had?
    Some may!
    Oh, I thought of another, in wake of this most recent spout of activity with the Tritons.

Are there plans to work more of the history of the tritons available, as well as making accessible more triton areas and cities such as with Riparium and Lothos? It would be great to get a better look at the realm under water, and this history behind it which is as of yet still pretty vague it seems(like the conflict between the triton followers of both Neraeos and Caspian which are sometimes sporadically seen).

Kresslack said:
    Oh, I thought of another, in wake of this most recent spout of activity with the Tritons.

Are there plans to work more of the history of the tritons available, as well as making accessible more triton areas and cities such as with Riparium and Lothos? It would be great to get a better look at the realm under water, and this history behind it which is as of yet still pretty vague it seems(like the conflict between the triton followers of both Neraeos and Caspian which are sometimes sporadically seen).
    I'll be sure to point Neraeos at this request, as tritons are his baby.
  • Tecton said:
    Rispok said:
    Why are house rank powers not able to be changed?

The intention is to use positions and aideships to do the job more effectively.

Can hr4 be deleted, then?

The reason I and others ask about this, I think, is to give newbies new, fewer or different powers. It's not for use with people hr5+, we just want to change the stuff hr1-5 (mostly).

hr4 serves no purpose as far as I can tell, other than to make hwho longer when the * text is there.
  • Can we delete crossbows if we're not going to offer  artefact versions or customizations?

They sit there in AB SUBTERFUGE, taunting me. :(

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Crossbow of Heartbreak was the only weapon to work against Bal'met. Crossbows are great.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

@Arditi, or you could...you know, start using them. They're actually pretty effective. I use one instead of a Darkbow.

• edited April 2013
    What's generally more likely to be implemented, an idea posted on forums or one filed in-game with the IDEA command?

Also, any plans to run through The List anytime soon to implement a few more of the ideas on there? It's been good to see the greatly increased implementation of ideas, but more are always welcome.

ETA: ty 4 targ love, so good to see you're all willing to experiment on cool new org features with us.

• do Atavians actually have airships?

and when are we likely to have Vastar back? Tritons are getting all the love :(
    ^(not a serious question)
  • When you use the Example ------>DATE 22 Aeguary 624 <----Example. Which time zone does the time show?
  • Achimrst said:
    When you use the Example ------>DATE 22 Aeguary 624 <----Example. Which time zone does the time show?
    Time is in GMT.

This discussion has been closed.