I can't decide which class I want to be.. little help please?

I'm a Blademaster but I can't decide if I want to stay as a BM or become a Sentinel, I am wondering which one is good to RP and that doesn't need credits (yet) because I am not able to buy a elite membership or buy credits from the site. I'm fairly new to the rp world and Achaea (I made alts before I made a real character). Does anyone know which is best for me?

(I have Cerebral Palsy so it takes me a while to play Achaea)

Any help or suggestions would be very helpful.

Comments

• I don't know much about the ease of roleplay for classes, or the relative strength without credits. I can give my own view on the matter, though!

When I started Achaea my class choice depended entirely on what I wanted Syri to become. This aspiration was fairly general, and I've given another novice the same advice when asked for help selecting a class. Just pick something that will help further your goal of what you want your character to become.

Blademasters always invoke a feeling of eastern swordsmen in my mind, and as such I always imagine that they have a strict code of honor and loyalty, along with being dangerous foes to encounter. Someone aspiring to have a character like this would wisely choose the blademaster.

Sentinels invoke an image of a sort of "Nature Knight" in my mind. Their idea is more nebulous in my mind so I could have probably achieved more from the general idea of the sentinel. They could be like the blademaster and have a strict code of honor and loyalty (to nature), or a silent hunter without scruples. Of course, the general view of these classes is just from my view.

TL;DR and overall point - Know what you want others to see you as, and pick a class that you think will help you achieve that view.
  • edited April 2013
    All classes have wonderful potential for RP. My opinions!

Blademaster is kind of a serpent/monk/knight mix Achaea-wise, with a ninja/samurai feel (evidenced by the 'folding steel' in the blade quest).

Sentinel is more like a wandering druid/nature knight/nature monk feel.

Blademaster is the best for not needing credits, imo. You can hunt so damn well with low skills, and you can pour almost all your lessons in twoarts for pve (alleviate in striking and toughness in shindo are wonderful, though!)

Sentinel is limited to Eleusis. Blademaster can join any city. More options with BM.

(keep in mind, I am biased towards BM, considering I made Trev one!)
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • @Trevize I don't see toughness in twoarts, are you talking about something else?
  • edited April 2013
    Zael said:
    @Trevize I don't see toughness in twoarts, are you talking about something else?
    Meant shindo, edited the post. Thanks!
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • lol ok np
  • edited April 2013
    I know Sentinel metamorhpsis skill gives a lot of utility that is really useful and you should look into that as being a good reason to switch to Sentinel if you ever decide you want to be a Sentinel.

All classes need credits. Leveling up to 100 alone will not get you enough credits/lessons to tri-trans.
  • There isn't much more I can add in on the game play side of things, but I play with a mild case of Cerebral Palsy. I don't know the severity, nor your exact situation, but I am always up for a little chat about how I accommodate for my own needs. Just send me a PM here or message me IG.
  • @Amunet I would join a house but im always afraid I won't finish my trails in time and have to read it over again and take the trails then all that. besides I'm lvl 15 I doubt I can join a house now.
  • Zael said:
    @Amunet I would join a house but im always afraid I won't finish my trails in time and have to read it over again and take the trails then all that. besides I'm lvl 15 I doubt I can join a house now.
    From what I understand, you can always join a House, even if it isn't through Certimene. It just takes getting in contact with people that have the power to bring you in.
  • edited April 2013
    Edit: Ninja'd
  • Alright.. I'll try a house out then and see how it goes.

Thanks guys for the help and info.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    You can join a House at any age or level; you simply need to speak with a House Leader, or go visit Certimene in Delos. As for taking your novice tests, most Houses don't have time limits imposed, so you can take your time with your requirements if you feel like you need to. If you feel like your out-of-character circumstances are going to impede your ability to perform well in a House, I'd suggest speaking privately with the House's Head of Novices - all are willing to make accommodations, I'm sure.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Amunet said:
    I'd also highly recommend joining a House, especially as a newbie. The Ashura, in Ashtan, accepts Blademasters, and their ethos balances well with the class. In addition to affording some RP opportunities, they will also be able to teach you how to effectively utilize your class skills, and give you some hints on how to earn credits and lessons without having to make any out-of-character purchases.
    You gave all great advice, Amunet. I like the Ashura plug though :)
  • Yue said:
    Amunet said:
    I'd also highly recommend joining a House, especially as a newbie. The Ashura, in Ashtan, accepts Blademasters, and their ethos balances well with the class. In addition to affording some RP opportunities, they will also be able to teach you how to effectively utilize your class skills, and give you some hints on how to earn credits and lessons without having to make any out-of-character purchases.

Kind of a weird Ashura plug, both in terms of its source and its content. Amunet is a name I associate with strong roleplay, and she even mentions "affording ... RP opportunities". If you want RP opportunities, don't join the Ashura. They're the best combat house in Achaea, they will teach you how to use your class and how to fight irrespective of your class. I cannot stress enough how genuinely dedicated the Ashura are to making you good at Achaean combat. But I also cannot really overstate how little they generally care about anything but the barest minimum of RP.

If you're in Ashtan and want RP, you should follow Amunet much more literally and join the Occultists.
  • Alright then what's the tankiest of the classes? (I figure Sentinels would be cool with the spirit morphs.. makes me think of Vixen from DC Comics)
  • Zael said:
    Alright then what's the tankiest of the classes? (I figure Sentinels would be cool with the spirit morphs.. makes me think of Vixen from DC Comics)
    There's a Vixen. Just sayin'.
  • I know lol
  • Nevermind I will stay with Blademaster. It's simple and has a lot of rp to it (if I can find it)
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    The thing is, you don't find RP. You make it.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I mean to make it, sorry my bad :)
  • Kuruvar said:
    Yue said:
    Amunet said:

Kind of a weird Ashura plug, both in terms of its source and its content. Amunet is a name I associate with strong roleplay, and she even mentions "affording ... RP opportunities". If you want RP opportunities, don't join the Ashura. They're the best combat house in Achaea, they will teach you how to use your class and how to fight irrespective of your class. I cannot stress enough how genuinely dedicated the Ashura are to making you good at Achaean combat. But I also cannot really overstate how little they generally care about anything but the barest minimum of RP.

If you're in Ashtan and want RP, you should follow Amunet much more literally and join the Occultists.

gawd noes good combatants nevar roleplay

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Its true. As soon as i started roleplaying i couldnt even kill newbs anymore.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • You killed something better then noobs @Mishgul?
    -----------------------------
    @DontarionDrakor for twitter boredom.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    yes, i once assassinated Fez

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Assassination king @Mishgul.
    -----------------------------
    @DontarionDrakor for twitter boredom.