SVO Spamming Unknown Commands

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
I've tried to trace it and turn echo on, but neither tells what commands it's trying to send. It just keeps spamming commands non-stiop when unpaused:

(svo): What a night. Look at the stars!
You have recovered equilibrium. (1.68s)(touch mindseye)
I missed that altogether.
Touching the mindseye tattoo, your senses are suddenly heightened.
Tiny tremours spread through your body as the world seems to slow down.
You have recovered equilibrium. (2.766s)(vault 353682)
Pardon me?
You easily vault onto the back of a black Zarathustran stallion.
Come again?
Clarification is in order.
(svo): protip: With vconfig gagpipes on, the system will light all 3 pipes whenever one goes out 
for better assurance.
Come now, you don't really mean that.
Might I suggest trying again?
I cannot fathom your meaning.
Brilliant! Dumb it down for me?
Come again?
Could you be a bit clearer?
Please try rewording.
Might I suggest trying again?
Please try rewording.
Quit trying to confuse me.
Please restate.
Your meaning eludes me.
pp
(svo): System paused.
pp
(svo): System unpaused.
Please try rewording.
I don't quite catch your drift.
I don't follow.
Please try rewording.
Kujinki has bled to death.
pp
(svo): System paused.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• Only time its ever happened to me is when breathing gets turned on and I'm on an alt that doesn't have the ability. Try br and see if it makes a difference. 

Beyond that, there's a mudlet event for any text that is sent to the server. You can add an echo to that event to see what's getting sent. Svo should have a script running for that event anyways, to block commands in slowcuring mode. Look in the events folder and see if you see it somewhere.
  • if you've recently changed class, you might have forgotten to take a class specific defense off keepup. For example, when I switched from runewarden to jester, I left resistance on keepup, so until I removed it I was spammed like that during my defup

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited April 2013
    I rolled back about another week and it's not happening, so that's good. 

Thanks for the quick responses and suggestions. @Jacen, turned out that's what it was. And thanks @Carden for offering to help.

Also, thanks to @Vadimuses for putting up with my ignorance. Sorry for bugging you over stupid shit! Just couldn't find a way to trace it and see what command was being sent. 

Feel like such an idiot. >_<

• No worries. I got kai-choked on an alt the other day and started getting those messages, and for a good 10 minutes I was all OH MY GOD THEY BROKE SVO WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON. Then I figured out what triggered it, and boom, problem solved

@Vadimuses maybe add a vconfig to hide/show breath commands being sent to server?
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I'm a complete nooblet when it comes to scripting and stuff like this. O.o

• @Jacen: If GMCP is still usable to determine which abilities you have, not putting breathing on keepup after kai choke if you don't actually have it would be the best solution.
  • Antonius said:
    @Jacen: If GMCP is still usable to determine which abilities you have, not putting breathing on keepup after kai choke if you don't actually have it would be the best solution.
    Unfortunately it's not, currently. The gmcp tables for the skills list all the abilities in the skill, just like AB.
  • Yes, I remember reading about that, wasn't sure if it had been changed back yet or not. Unfortunate that it hasn't been.
  • This is the issue everyone seems to be running into when there's the unknown command, because the only two things the system does without showing you the commands for are clot and choke (why? because they're spammy and it helps not to see them. You can turn it off for both by doing vconfig gagclot off and vconfig gagbreath off, if you do want to see them). Choke seems to be the popular one. Even though the system says when it puts choke on keepup after you get choked!

You can do vconfig breath off, and it won't put it up, in case you can't do it. It does detect those skills via gmcp at install time though...
  • Vadimuses said:
    It does detect those skills via gmcp at install time though...
    I wonder if a TF might have something to do with it?

Only thing I can think of.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Could be. Or a disfavour.
  • How do you detect clotting and breathing via gmcp now that Char.Skills.List shows all the abilities in a skill, whether you have them or not?
  • That is a good question, it probably doens't do that properly now.