Favorite Class (and why)?

Comments

• @Xenomorph .. You.. Are awesome. That is all.

• Serpent is the best ever. Combat has gone downhill as systems have gotten better and taken any defensive knowhow out of the game, but nothing beats phase, evade, hypnosis, and archery.
  • Cynlael said:
    @Xenomorph .. You.. Are awesome. That is all.
    "Your grandchildren will look back on me and say, 'wow, what a bizarre individual.'"
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • Apostates are hugely entertaining.  Sylvans are mostly boring, but the sheer glee of a successful Heartseed is hard to beat.

Blademaster, however, will forever and always be my favorite.  Subtle as a ten-dollar hooker and with less utility than a Zamboni in the Sahara, but the kit makes for stellar dueling.
  • Monk forever. I love the fact that it can auto heal and the combat ability does not depend on weapons. Plus it has distance attacks. I do not know, I am in love with martial arts and I really could not think of me in a phantasy world as anybody else.
    Light prevails, always
  • I'm beginning to like Shaman more and more everyday. Guaranteed, I guess you need certain skills in the skillsets to fight effectively, but when you attain them it makes everything worth it, and things begin to click. I especially love Blight.
  • My first and probably only class is being a Blademaster, I love the concept and the ability to act like a Shinobi.

besides it reminds me of Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto.
  • Infernal. Nothing really cooler than that atm.
  • Serpent.

There is no equal to it. Which is why I haven't even bothered playing any of the other classes.

Serpent is the be-all, end-all for RP and for skills.
  • YueYue
    edited April 2013
    Ramas said:
    My first and probably only class is being a Blademaster, I love the concept and the ability to act like a Shinobi.

besides it reminds me of Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto.
    I am not sure what is worse, a) the fact that you have reduced a wonderful and rich class (Blademaster) to the likeness of Ninja from Naruto, or b) the fact that....

..of all the Shinobi in Naruto that you could aspire to be like, you choose Sasuke....

I wish I had two heads, for a single face-palm simply does not express the amount of fail I have witnessed here today.
  • I've been rather happy with alchemist. Tried a few other classes with alts, but it is still my favorite. I rather like playing more of a supportive role and it seems to work well with that. Also hard to beat making your own curatives and the being able to teleport to the anchors.

• Despran said:
    I've been rather happy with alchemist. Tried a few other classes with alts, but it is still my favorite. I rather like playing more of a supportive role and it seems to work well with that. Also hard to beat making your own curatives and the being able to teleport to the anchors.
    So that's what the anchors are!
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • edited April 2013
    Dear Achaeans, 

My first and only choice is the Serpent Class.   I have never once thought of or tried anything else.  I am sure you all feel the same way about your chosen class.  For me the reason why I love the serpent class has always been - Great players.

The rest of the classes do not even come close to the amount of "raw skill" it takes to run as a snake.  Be well.

Sincerely,

Cobra 
  • Everyone is a Serpent. 
    I'm not a hipster, but it seems a bit "mainstream". 

Serpent, the Starbucks of Achaea.
  • Drauka said:
    Everyone is a Serpent. 
    I'm not a hipster, but it seems a bit "mainstream". 

Serpent, the Starbucks of Achaea.
    Dear @Drauka,

Everyone is not a serpent and let me point out that 467 years ago there was NOTHING mainstream about being a serpent.  Now, I can't help that the serpent class is being swelled by people that love the ideas of what being a snake  has to offer, but I really don't see that many serpents running around Ashtan.  Maybe it's different from where your from.

Sincerely,

Cobra  
  • There are relatively many serpents, but relatively few of them really make use of the serpent skillset.
  • Are we pretending to write letters now?  Is this a thing?
  • Dear @Naisar,

It is something I do.  When I decide to actually write something to someone meaningful I tend to follow it up with a nice,  take care or sincerely...Cobra.  Do whatever makes you feel good...

@Iocun, I just learned there are what, 7 different serpent houses?  Maybe that's why the influx of serpent class, does every city share classes or just the serpent?  Are there occult members in every city?  Are there priests in every city?  Are there...well I could go on but, I think you get my point.  Serpent class is the most exploited class there is.  In my opinion...

Sincerely yours,

Cobra
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    There are 3 Serpent Houses(Serpentlords, Shadowsnakes, Naga) but there are currently 6 houses total that accept the Serpent class (Mojushai, Sentinels, CiJ). The other, the Dawnstriders went down with Shallam.
  • Cobra said:
    Does every city share classes or just the serpent?  Are there occult members in every city?  Are there priests in every city?  Are there...well I could go on but, I think you get my point.  Serpent class is the most exploited class there is.  In my opinion...

Classes that are factionally-dependent - Priests. Apostates, Paladins, Infernals, Sentinels, Druids, Sylvans,  and Occultists - are restricted to the certain cities. All cities share most factionally-neutral classes though - in this case, Blademasters, Monks, Magi, Serpents, Runewardens, Shamans, Jesters, Bards, Alchemists.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Cobra said:

@Iocun, I just learned there are what, 7 different serpent houses?  Maybe that's why the influx of serpent class, does every city share classes or just the serpent?  Are there occult members in every city?  Are there priests in every city?  Are there...well I could go on but, I think you get my point.  Serpent class is the most exploited class there is.  In my opinion...

Sincerely yours,

Cobra
    Every city can accept Monks, Magi, Serpents, Blademasters, Runewardens, Bards and Jesters.
    All cities save Eleusis accept Alchemists
    All cities save Targossas accept Shamans

Factional abilities are limited to certain cities.  Occultists only in Ashtan and Hashan, Infernals/Apostates only in Mhaldor, Paladins and Priests in Targossas and Cyrene, Forestals only in Eleusis.
  • Dear @Vayne, @Synbios and @Achilles,

Wowsers, cities turned into class blenders...Thank you all for your explanation.  Things have gotten far more complicated than I remember.  Well, then it makes sense why the serpent class is the belly button of Achaea.  Milking venoms and phase checking and spying on others is something we do best.  

Anyhow, I was just mentioning that my favorite class is serpent.  Sorry if that is "to mainstream" for some, but I think the reasons are rather plan as day why I would say this.  I mean, founding the Shadowsnakes makes them my favorite.  But if I had to be another class I think I would have to choose...some sort of Magi, or...Shaman sounds cool.  What about you guys?  What would your second choice be?  Hope you all are having a great time.  

Take care for now,

Cobra
  • Sylvan because planting a magical seed in someone's heart that gorges on their blood and flesh before bursting from their tattered husk.

Also cloaking yourself in vines and turning into Swamp Thing.

Also slashing people's vocal chords when they got mouthy.

Also the Grove of Isolation.

Also the magical walking stick of +5 Gandalfian gravitas.

Also making it snow. And being able to pack snowballs from said snow. And people not being able to see through the snow.

Also stacking holocaust globes. Especially in the snow. Where people couldn't see them.

Also illusion, reflection, burrow, and fly.

Also resurrection.

Also not having to buy any supplies other than chainmail.
  • ^

I think I like the Sylvan class.
  • Also because you accidentally summon vaguely Lovecraftian extraplanar horrors that almost blow up House estates (but only if you're @Blujixapug).
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I'm really enjoying Runewarden for the Dual Wield + Ranged, efficiency with runes, sketching on the ground, propping totems. Runeblades and Runic Armour, being relatively tanky and versatile.

• AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited April 2013
    Kresslack said:
    I'm really enjoying Runewarden for the Dual Wield + Ranged, efficiency with runes, sketching on the ground, propping totems. Runeblades and Runic Armour, being relatively tanky and versatile.
    I always wished the Shaman class could utilize Runeblades, and then.... when I checked the AB listings and I didn't see it for Shamans I cried in the corner for two (hopefully Achaean?) days. 

If I wasn't Shaman, I'd totally go Runewarden or Serpent.
    :o3