Deathstrike > Deliverance

2»

Comments

• Seftin said:
    I think ita only windup kills that work (cleave, jitb, deathstrike etc) eliminate? :s
    vivisect works.

• Also when someone looks at you and has an ugly face.
  • Sena said:
    Since it's pretty hard to mechanically define what is and isn't an attempt to harm you, it should just be left up to the monk's discretion, using the command DELIVERANCE <person in the room> while deliverance is up to instantly kill them if you think they're attempting to harm you. Obviously balanceless, since there could be a lot of people harming you.
    Yeah, but we would need a way to balance it so it couldn't be abused.

Let's say, 10 willpower 50 mana?

• I like the idea but I believe a better way to balance it would be to make it into DELIVERANCE <person in the room> <reason>. This way, you would need to provide a valid reasoning for how you thought the target was harming you, which would be then sent to the Minikai for analysis and possible contestation by the target within 45 months.
  • I think deliverance should just kill everyone, because your willingness to kill everyone will make everyone hate you and wish to harm you and that malevolent desire should pre-emptively trigger deliverance and kill them.
  • XliXli
    edited April 2013
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • Echald said:
    I think deliverance should trigger if somenone say mean things to or about you close by, because psychological and emotional harm is serious business.
    *wonders if badjoke triggers it*
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Deliverance shouldn't trigger when you're being kaied because obviously they don't mean you harm.
  • So there are a lot of jokes on this thread, but I'll bring it back to the real discussion.

No.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Xith said:
    Echald said:
    I think deliverance should trigger if somenone say mean things to or about you close by, because psychological and emotional harm is serious business.
    *wonders if badjoke triggers it*

Badjoke triggers deliverance based on the number of people affected by it, killing the jester multiple times.

• Considering how off topic most of this thread has been, I almost feel like my on-topic question is out of place, but...

Do Occultist's CHAOSRAYS trigger Deliverance? They seem like a in-room ranged attack, was just wondering how that works.
  • Chaosrays requires.you to be in the same room as the people you are harming and is not a ranged attack, however i see why you would believe it is as it isnt a physical hit as such. Ranged attacks are things that can be used out of room to harm a target ie sniping. Some ranged attacks can still be used in.room like kai choke or meteors. I believe chaosrays does trigger deliverance thought (please.correct if wrong)
  • Uh pretty sure you can't meteor the delivering monk in the same room. It's a popular trick to see meteors in the sky and then deliver, if they walk into the room and the meteor/star hits they die.
  • I wasnt saying meteor doesnt trigger deliverance, was giving an example of ranged attacks that can be used in room.
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    I believe leprosy from necromancy should work but I don't remember for sure...I know vivisex works
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    leprosy doesn't trigger deliverance. If it did apostate would be (even more) boned against monks.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae