Item to rez pets, minipets, and perhaps mounts

I was hoping to propose an artefact that allows the resurrection of pets or mounts. A lot of pets are invincible, but some aren't, and from what I understand minipets are always vulnerable. If rezzing mounts is too game-breaking, maybe keep that part of it out. But if some jerk kills your cute adorable bear cub, it would be nice to get him or her up and playing with you again.

The Badge of Returning sorta does this, but it's not something that allows the player to actively rez the pet or mount.

This would allow some degree of roleplay, where the player can react to the mount/pet being killed, but ultimately has some measure of control of getting the pet up.

The item could have limited charges, being able to function like 1-3 times an Achaean month. Thank you for reading my suggestion.

Comments

• The crated pets are already immortal. They, like collared mounts, return after death and a suitable passage of time.
    If you want to rezz a mount, buy a collar
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Without putting too much thought into this, rezzing mounts wouldn't be game breaking (invincible pet mounts already exist to prove such).  It probably wouldn't make sense if everyone could resurrect things, so maybe add it to woodlore or physiology or alternatively make it so you need to buy some magic holy water from Seasone and immolate it on the tree.
  • I'd buy this.  At this point, finance wise, I may as well have bought a pet, but I haven't so far, because there are a couple of key things that are very "off" in terms of aesthetics in pets.  So, I have a veritable herd of very easy to kill mounts.  I'd like it *better* if mounts were tankier, but I'd probably be interested in this.  
  • Katia said:
    The crated pets are already immortal. They, like collared mounts, return after death and a suitable passage of time.
    If you want to rezz a mount, buy a collar
    Well... your reasoning sounds like, "if you get killed, Embrace Death, you don't need any sort of player-caused rezzing." I know pets and mounts don't have experience to lose, but having the ability to regain your loyal NOW rather than much later would be nice.

I know most people have collars and invincible pets, but when it comes back like 18 rl hours later, it's a bit of a hassle
  • edited April 2013
    Pets already revive and can be made immortal.

Mini-pets, like the ones from Thera, should be killable. Their vulnerability makes them more precious. Doing "mean" things like killing someone's cat is not invalid in a gameplay sense. And sometimes a person's cat just really needs killing.

Mount mortality is extremely stupid, considering how much they cost, and how the entire Riding skill is non-functional without a mount. But I would rather see that problem fixed in a different way, rather than via an expensive artifact.
    The artefact doesn't have to be expensive. And there are many many artefacts that you don't truly "need" but which add convenience and fun. Again, reviving 18 hours later is not the same as reviving at your leisure.

I just don't get why people are 100% ok with the Badge of Returning, which effectively halves the amount of time the pet or mount stays dead, but are not okay with something else that will allow the owner to rez that same pet or mount if at the same location,.
  • It wouldn't be cheap though. It wouldn't be cheaper than a Collar of Lupus - considering that what you're requesting does the same thing, but better, and without being limited to a single mount. When the price rises much higher than 250 credits, it becomes increasingly more preferable to just buy a pet instead, since their price starts at 500cr.
  • edited April 2013
    It wouldn't be cheap though. It wouldn't be cheaper than a Collar of Lupus - considering that what you're requesting does the same thing, but better, and without being limited to a single mount. When the price rises much higher than 250 credits, it becomes increasingly more preferable to just buy a pet instead, since their price starts at 500cr.
    I don't think it's the same thing.

Collar of Lupus, if you go to Meropis, forget your mount there, return to Sapience, and someone kills the mount, the mount will end up with you after a time.

With just the thing I am proposing, but no Collar of Lupus, that same mount would become just another rotting corpse because you'd likely never find the corpse or get it brought to you. What I am proposing only works if you have the corpse and provided it hasn't met the same fate as all the other corpses, yet. So with just what I am talking about, you could still permanently lose your mount.

So you'd need both this thing and the Collar of Lupus for a mount.

With invincible pets you don't need this thing. With mortal pets, you do. So maybe you wouldn't need the item with a mortal pet because it would be cheaper to buy invincibility instead. But for pets such as bear cubs, it might come in handy if cheap enough.

It doesn't really need to cost anything any of us propose for it to cost. The Garden should probably decide on a price. And they could make it cost like 100 cr or 75 or whatever they want. Considering there's stuff like the Bracelet of Sustenance that removes hunger and tiredness before lvl 80, there are less useful things out there than what I am proposing. (It's not really that hard to get to 80 nowadays...)
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Just make it a crown artefact for like 10mc during the next crown promotion.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.