Minecraft

Comments

• no worries, thanks for replying pretty fast!

• so that article as the beginning has convinced me to buy minecraft. I'll be stopping in at some point :P

• The server is back up! Will see you inside Antidas.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • We are looking at the possibility of paying for a 3-month server, since we aren't sure how long Sohl can keep hosting it on his computer. If anyone is interested in chipping in, please send me a PM?

• Just an update, but we will be getting a new map and server within the next few days. Thank you to everyone who donated to make it possible. For the moment, we are just messing around and having fun on the old map, but please feel free to join us still!

• So, I have minecraft for Xbox360 (if anyone wants to play, do let me know!). I don't get it. D:
  • I honestly have no idea if Minecraft for Xbox is compatible with PC Maps. And I don't have an Xbox. Which is too bad, because it'd be great if you could join us. :)

For those who have offered to donate to the Achaean MC Server and who haven't received the donation link via message, let me know ASAP - once we have enough, we'll be purchasing the new server and updating the server info here. (Hopefully for the last time, heh!)

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Xbox and PC aren't compatible.  I've seen someone play that Xbox version, and it's pretty meh.

• is it just me or is the server down. And does this mean we're finally moving to the new map??

• Servers been down, and maybe within the next couple of hours. Jhaeli's about to buy the server, and then I need to configure all the plugins slightly.

• Just for another update, the server has been bought. It's not accessible at the moment though, as we are working on getting everything installed and running correctly. Should be up soonish though.

• edited September 2012
    Alright, new address: 216.246.108.66:25665

There are desert, plains, jungle, and a village fairly close by. (Note that I've already claimed a specific Desert Temple near the village as mine. Buhah.) I've also seen at least one floating island not too far from the village.

Kazu and I will probably tweak the plugins a bit more, but you're welcome to go at 'er!

ETA: Bleh. Somehow a five turned into a seven. Should be correct now!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• are you sure that IP is correct? It wont let me connect

• Jhae posted the wrong IP. Correct is 216.246.108.66:25665

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    I donated :D

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Hrm, no more vanishing servers, and starting all over again five times? :P

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Nope, it should be pretty secure.

• I'm in ur server, bleeding on ur stuff.

Yeah, so... I got minecraft... total noob alert! So... that is all.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • So, not related to the server or anything, but if anyone is ever interested in an interesting seed for solo play.

I got bored one day and was typing out my new game. The game world was named Achaea and the seed was Divine Land.

This should start you in the bottom of the ocean with a small island to your east, in the tiny island there are no trees, but a hole that can lead down to a mineshaft to get some wood planks. Amazingly difficult to survive and a kind of super survival mode. Had to live off rotten flesh for days.

Don't mean to hijack, just didn't want to start a whole new thread.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • I hate to say it, but I just put in a whitelist on the server due to overwhelming grief. I just had to rollback and fix over 1500 blocks of damage.  So if anyone wants to join the server, please just send me a pm and I'll get you added as soon as I can.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    dude, I'd join it!
  • Griefer Road. Did I call it? Did I?
  • Yup. Anyone who was a member before is already whitelisted.  I swear, I'm going to smite whoever left the spawner door open. Very lucky they didn't break it.

• CrathenCrathen Ireland
    edited September 2012
    I got minecraft a while ago, but I'm a complete noob. Is this going strong, and can anyone tell me how to join up if so?
  • We are still rolling. Just pm me your minecraft username, and join using the IP posted above...216.246.108.66:25665

• Uh... it's crayface. Apparently. What was I thinking?
  • @Crathen Whitelisted. Feel free to join now.

• Kazu said:
    Yup. Anyone who was a member before is already whitelisted.  I swear, I'm going to smite whoever left the spawner door open. Very lucky they didn't break it.
    Man, how bad did they hit me? *laugh* Total devastation?
  • They killed all your animals, but I'm not sure about the house damage. I undid everything they did without checking on the state of the Houses until after they were repaired.