Newbie Serpent looking for a bit of help!

Comments

• @Lukan I honestly think you're one of the friendlier ones. >.> I may just not know you that well yet.
  • edited April 2013
    Lukan is a great and helpful guy when he's being serious, so you're right.

I can help out too, but I'm a dick.
  • I'm not all 'RAWR EVIL DIE SLAVE WORM OBEY', so yeah, I guess I'm nicer.
  • YOU'RE THE SLAVE NOW, I HAVE MORE POSTS NOW! MWA HA HA HA HA!

Question: Can we secrete venoms onto our dirks at some point, or is that a no-go?
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Naga can't unfortunately.
  • At trans venom, in addition to secrete being instant, you can secrete venoms directly onto weapons.
  • Daeir said:
    Dreadborn was lame. I joined for Antidas, stayed for Jurixe, left for Tvistor.

-fades back into hibernation-
    Agreed that it was lame. The entire progression was lame.

I am literally putting the final edit on a substantially different progression system as we speak.
  • @Koyuki don't listen to Vayne, Naga have always and will always be way cooler than some house in Hashan.
    What is wrong with that bear?!
  • Its sad that people still tell lol Hashan jokes :(
    This thread must be so helpful for @Koyuki!
  • Hopefully it has convinced her never to join that other city.

Um, the one we all forgot about.

No, not the one that sank into the ocean.

• YueYue
    edited April 2013
    Hashan is sad.

edit: also, am the prototypical opposite of a tryhard in this situation

(See: League of Legends ELO - Platinum - 20/20 Randoms)
    Well, since this has become another "Naga are awesome, Hashan sucks" propaganda steam roller, I'm out!
  • edited April 2013
    Vayne said:

Naga can't unfortunately.

You're the one that made the Mhaldor forum crew roll in.
  • Vayne said:
    Well, since this has become another "Naga are awesome, Hashan sucks" propaganda steam roller, I'm out!
    @Vayne has a point guys, I've officially asked this thread to be closed. I've got all that I needed to, so thank you for your guys' help. But Hashan is cool in its own right, in all honesty. So many different wormholes that I go into, they lead to Hashan, and totems decides to beat the crap out of me. Plus he's brought some RP to my life, so thanks Vayne. <3

I'm honestly only around in the Naga for Jurixe, and that the people are cool. More and more, people are commenting Koyuki is not evil. I have to admit that they're right, I am not fluent in evil ways. xD But past that, thanks everyone for helping me out with my questions! :D
    I'll probably regret this and get torn apart again for it, but screw it...

I would have to say there is a distinct difference between my light-hearted joke which I knew she would recognize as a patently false statement versus the organized and malicious responses people who work and support Hashan are submitted to regularly by certain parts of the playerbase.

I'm am not so arrogant or delusion to say that it is the only reason, but I think the constant defamation of the faction by the swarms of bitter alts, factional elitists, their mindless fanboys, and just plain assholes is a contributing reason to why less people would want to play a Hashani/Hashani housed character. I know if I was a newb looking to these forums I would be scared away from Hashan the way it is characterized constantly.

I know I'm fooling myself by expecting any maturity or constructive feedback from these forums, and God forbid I should expect some human decency behind the empowering cloak of anonymity the net provides, but I in some sense of misplaced duty feel I need to defend Hashan. It has tons of potential, some amazing players, and awesome gods guiding it. It would be a real shame if some player missed out on an aspect of the game they might actually enjoy in Hashan because they got plowed by the forum brigade.

This is a game after all.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Maybe spend more time making hashan more relevant by declaring war on Ashtan.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    edited April 2013
    @Vayne: That should probably go in the rantings section. Or renew that Hashan thread. Iono.

@Koyuki: You don't have to be very mean to play as an Evil character. I'll talk to you IG. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• edited April 2013
    Vayne said:
    I'll probably regret this and get torn apart again for it, but screw it...

I would have to say there is a distinct difference between my light-hearted joke which I knew she would recognize as a patently false statement versus the organized and malicious responses people who work and support Hashan are submitted to regularly by certain parts of the playerbase.

I'm am not so arrogant or delusion to say that it is the only reason, but I think the constant defamation of the faction by the swarms of bitter alts, factional elitists, their mindless fanboys, and just plain assholes is a contributing reason to why less people would want to play a Hashani/Hashani housed character. I know if I was a newb looking to these forums I would be scared away from Hashan the way it is characterized constantly.

I know I'm fooling myself by expecting any maturity or constructive feedback from these forums, and God forbid I should expect some human decency behind the empowering cloak of anonymity the net provides, but I in some sense of misplaced duty feel I need to defend Hashan. It has tons of potential, some amazing players, and awesome gods guiding it. It would be a real shame if some player missed out on an aspect of the game they might actually enjoy in Hashan because they got plowed by the forum brigade.

This is a game after all.

I think perhaps you are taking the "What is Hashan" jokes slightly too seriously. If anyone's going to respond negatively to your post, it's because you started it with the "I know people are going to respond negatively to this" thing, which is never a good idea. Or it might be the way you insinuate that people are causing others to "miss out" on quitting their orgs and joining the one you run.

I like the Hashan jokes as much as anyone and Hashan is easily my favourite city in the game. If I didn't like the philosophy behind Evil so much, that is absolutely where I would be.
  • Yue said:
    Hashan is sad.
    Any city that is bothered by a rogue serpent newbie making a(n) (obvious joke) completely baseless claim about their city on forums is actually kind of a sad city.
    Mishgul said:
    Win.
  • edited April 2013
    You want to know what's sad?
    Agravain. That's what. :|
  • Mishgul said:
    May have to. We tried declaring war on Shallam, but our divers have yet to report any findings.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • It was just a light-hearted joke.
    Koyuki said:

Agravian. That's what. :|

You spelled it wrong. Nice.

• edited April 2013
    This is becoming bullying pretty fast. One person pointing out a running joke once is funny, when you get a whole stream of it in a row and then berate someone because they say that they don't like it... that's bullying. "It's just a joke" is not an excuse when it's just putting down people who are putting in a lot of effort to improve the situation.
  • Vaehl said:
    It was just a light-hearted joke.
    Agravain. That's what. :|
    You spelled it wrong. Nice.
    Did not.
  • Naga 4 life. If you ain't red, you dead, naga.