Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Newbie to Mudlet, need some help on Gold

VasgarVasgar Member Posts: 2
Not sure where to make the trigger, I mean I know where to put it but not sure how to type it in.

I would use Pick up gold; put gold in pack but not sure if that would work.

Any help would really be appropriate.

Comments

• DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Make a new alias, call it whatever you want.

In pattern put ^tg$ or whatever you want as the actual alias, just make sure it is enclosed with the ^ and $ respectively
    In the actual code part:

send("take sovereigns;put sovereigns in pack", false)

OR

send("take sovereigns", false)
    send("put sovereigns in pack", false)

the false argument in send only tells it not to echo what it is sending to your screen, saves you a bit of spam. you can remove it entirely and it'll still work fine.
    Sylvance
  • VasgarVasgar Member Posts: 2
    ok, thanks for the info. ill try that.
  • JonathinJonathin Grand Rapids, MIMember Posts: 3,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    or sendAll("take sovereigns","put sovereigns in pack",false)

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

• DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    sendAll is good, but I find using different send lines makes a script slightly easier to read. of course, you could always use sendAll and split it out across multiple lines as well.
  • JonathinJonathin Grand Rapids, MIMember Posts: 3,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 2013
    I avoid using command separators as much as humanly possible because they vary from person to person. I like to use semicolons in normal speech, so my CS is not a semicolon and I really don't want to go back through all of my scripts that use them and change them each time I change my CS. I always think it's better to give alternatives (all of them) to newbies and let them decide which one makes the most sense.

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

Sylvance
Sign In to Comment.