Customising House Ranks

In light of the adjustments to class ranks, I'd like to be able to let my House (the Occultists) take advantage of the House benefit for class ranks while maintaining our IC secrecy.

Is there any way we can be permitted to adjust the house privileges (especially org logs) available to people at House Rank 2? More broadly, could we adjust the privileges at all ranks? I would think requiring the Patron or whatever administrative approval for the shifts would make sense, just so dumb house leaders don't dilute the entire purpose behind the original distribution of ranks.

Comments

• I'd be fine with that. At the same time, I believe it should be possible to set house positions to "private" and no longer having them show up on HOUSE STRUCTURE.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited March 2013
    It is possible to set house positions to private. It's like "concealed" or something. The HL can do it without patron approval.

Oh, unless you mean to people inside the House as well, although I don't understand why you would want to do that, in which case, I retract my previous statement.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Oh, nevermind that then. Didn't know it was already possible.
  • Concealing house ranks is possible, if I'm remembering rightly, for two positions of the possible...five? All I know is, it's kept the Occultists from ever having more than 2 positions (with some brief exceptions) so that our structure wouldn't be revealed. I guess I understand the compromise, so that people can learn about houses a little without joining them, but I wish there could be an exception for houses that are actually secretive in nature.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Last I checked, our novices couldn't see any of our House's structure beyond the novice aides and the Demiurge, so the limit is (I think) three positions, and I can kind of understand why. If a novice is particularly lost, or is causing trouble, people outside of the House need to be able to get into contact with the House Leader or another ranking member in order to take care of the problem. It is a little out-of-charcter for a secretive House to have not-so-secret members, but most people who ascend to a position of authority understand that doing so will likely sacrifice the anonymity of their allegiances. 

As for taking advantage of the new system, joining the Occultists (and likely any other House, as I noticed that standards have been raising across the board) simply for the sake of trying to tri-trans at level 30 is ridiculously impractical. Being able to become a "full member" of a class early on is a wonderful promise, but it's an empty one - kind of like the prize at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box. The thought of getting something extra is exciting, but in the end, you essentially paid $3.99 for a stomach ache and a temporary tattoo. Novice members of most Houses don't have access to credit sales, which means they won't have the lessons to transcend their abilities any faster than the rogue newbies who had to bash to level fifty. Obvious alts who buy ten thousand credits right out of the intro aren't likely to join a House, anyway, and especially not an RP-based House like the Occultists, where access to high-level skills is still considered a privilege to be earned, rather than a right purchased with Daddy's Mastercard. 

I guess what I'm saying is that while I wouldn't mind the ability to customise privileges based upon rank, I don't think putting the currently-unused HR2 into service in my House is going to do a lot to boost membership. If privilege customisation isn't possible, I'm not terribly fussed.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • You can change house listpowers ranks by talking to your divine npc thingy. We're trying to do the same thing currently, it's just a process I guess. You have to submit a complete list. It should really be governed by the house leader if possible though.
  • If this can already be changed/customised, then that's cool with me. I was under the impression that it was static, but that impression is admittedly dated.
  • I was wrong, it can't be done. That's stupid and should change.