Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
So I've been back in Achaea for a little while now, somewhat unsure what to do with my character. One of the things I've been considering is becoming a magi, and although I know I'm straying a little close to flamebait here, I'd really like to hear a little bit about the state of the magi class in Achaea at the moment. The Matsuhama Arena category here is not entirely correct as I'm also interested in the state of Enchanting and how it interacts with the current economy, but it seemed at least more appropriate than just sticking it in NoT.
So these are simplifications and I'd be happy to hear more, but my primary questions boil down to:
- How do magi fare in 1v1 combat these days? I've always simultaneously loved and hated Crystalism, and the sheer setup time and so on does bother me, but nevertheless in my day magi were at least capable combatants. I have heard that Svo just perfected curing in Retardation, though, so perhaps that's not so true anymore.
- Same question but for group combat - obviously Cataclysm is likely still strong, though do correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I'm also interested in hearing about them more generally since raids seem to be a pretty regular occurrence these days.
- Where's their utility at? I may well have been spoiled by being a monk, but if the class just sucks at bashing or can't get around very well these days or has no non-combat abilities that are worthwhile, I'd like to hear it.
- How is Enchantment as a trade skill at the moment? Can you actually make genuine money as a magi? Is a Medallion of Enchantment realistically required?
- Whatever question I didn't ask but should have.
Oh also if there are big classlead changes scheduled for them or something that I haven't noticed, that'd be nice to know!