An impromptu wedding

So, after being engaged for a decade and it not going anywhere due to other people, Nell and @Tessa decided to have a very short and less formal wedding.  The more formal one is still being planned (don't wanna waste all of the effort, after all)!

[spoiler]
Sir @Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "We are, all of us, children of Creation, and the greatest
beauty of the Logos' work is not simply in its existence, but the on-going creation of Creation. It
is an endless, outward and upward expansion as each goodly mortal soul finds its place to live, take
part, and create our world."

Sir Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "Most beautiful of this process, this life given freely by the
Logos, is that we mortals can band together, join from many walks of life to become something
greater. Create something greater. From families, to cities, to empires. From habits, to traditions,
to cultures."

Sir Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "That is what it is and means to be married. Two mortal souls,
joining together to become something greater. To create something greater."

@Melodie smiles softly.

Tessa ponders the situation.

Sir Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "And in like fashion, as that creation grows older, it grows
grander. A gift that continues to give, not only to the two that have joined, but to all who have
the pleasure to look upon them."

Sir Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "To witness their joy, their harmony in such a union."

Tessa glances at you for a moment before somewhat discreetly slipping her hand into your.

Sir Aerek Ancyrion asks in Cyrenese, "Do you, Nellaundra, wish to speak of the joys that she, Tessa,
has brought you so far? Of those that you know she will bring you?"

Nellaundra gives a short nod.

Nellaundra draws in a sharp breath through her nose and turns to face Tessa while
giving her hand a firm squeeze.

Tessa gives a nervous yet encouraging smile as she looks to you.

You say to Tessa with a gentle Mhunish accent, "I dunno what I can say that hasn't been said already.
 Every day I'm with you makes the future better. We're functional apart, but we're at our best
together. Nothing can pry us apart. We're two parts of the same whole. The day that Elowin left me,
I was broken. You took me and picked up every piece there was and made me whole again, and better
than before. It's thanks to your kindness and love that I'm who I am now. And it's you being by my
side from now to forever is what gives me the strength to do whatever I need to do."

You say to Tessa with a gentle Mhunish accent, "I'm only that strong, that brave, that...everything
because of you. I love you, Tessa."

Tessa blushes furiously.

Aerek nods solemnly.

Sir Aerek Ancyrion asks in Cyrenese, "And do you, Tessa, wish to speak of the joys that she,
Nellaundra, has brought you, already? Or of those that you know she will bring you?"

Tessa opens her mouth, then closes it to instead give a slow nod.

In a brilliant explosion of coruscating moonfire, the expanse of the night sky is illuminated
suddenly by an arrow-shaped formation of shooting stars, heralding the time of the New Moon.

Tessa says quietly to you with a subdued, oceanic accent, "I...words can't really explain it, but
you bring a strength to my own life. You are fire, I am water. I shift, and flow, sometimes in bad
ways. You're always there to pull me where I need to be. More than once I've flowed to situations
and feelings, and you've been there to pull me back. I would have been lost without you...I love you
Nell."

Tessa blushes furiously.

Melodie clasps her hands before her, watching on with a gentle but proud smile.

Nellaundra's normally sardonic expression softens into a genuinely loving smile.

Sir Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "And so, let us observe this sacred circumstance! This day of
union, this day of rebirth, under this new moon."

Sir Aerek Ancyrion exclaims in Cyrenese, "And if, in all Creation, there is a single reason why
these two souls should not be joined, let us fly to find our ears, now!"

Aerek waits for a brief moment.

Sir Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "I bloody well thought not."

Melodie beams broadly.

You smile and say with a gentle Mhunish accent, "And...there's one last thing."

Sir Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "And so it is. Brides, you may kiss the brides."

Tessa gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Nellaundra leans in and gives Tessa a loving kiss to the lips.

Tessa looks to you with a smile, nervous, but expressing a pure happiness. With a moment of nervous
hesitation she leans forward to meet you in the kiss.

Melodie entwines the fingers of one hand with Aerek's fingers, lacing them together.

Aerek gives Melodie a peck on the cheek.

Tessa's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Melodie leans forward and plants a kiss on Aerek's cheek.

Melodie smiles and says with a flowing, cultured accent, "Congratulations, you two."

Tessa smiles and says to Melodie with a subdued, oceanic accent, "Thank you."

Sir Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "Aye, and it's about time."

Nellaundra breaks the kiss after a few moments, her face glowing with happiness.
She then begins to rummage through her kitbag to draw out a package wrapped in delicate paper.

Melodie nods her head at Aerek, showing her acceptance.

Tessa tilts her head curiously at you.

Tessa smiles and says to Aerek with a subdued, oceanic accent, "And thank you, very much. It was
beautiful."

You say to Tessa with a gentle Mhunish accent, "As the engagement ends and the marriage begins anew,
there's one last thing. A symbol of my everlasting devotion to you."

Comprehension flashes across Tessa's face.

Sir Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "And it rhymed!"

Melodie smiles impishly and says to Aerek with a flowing, cultured accent, "I was just thinking the
same thing."

Melodie says to Aerek with a flowing, cultured accent, "You have a good influence with your poetic
words, dear."

Tessa blushes slightly before she starts shuffling around in her kitbag.

Nellaundra slowly unwraps the package, revealing a delicate choker lined with
crystals. She offers a smile up towards Tessa as it's revealed and asks, "Will you accept my gift?"

Tessa blinks and stares at the choker momentarily in surprise before stating "Yes!"

Tessa giggles happily.

You display a delicate choker lined with crystals for all in the room to see.

Fitted closely to the skin, this beautiful choker wraps lightly around wearer's neck. Woven from
strands of shimmering silver, the band is just under an inch wide. Carefully strung within the band
are random clusters of tiny, pearlescent crystals. A simple, decorative lock clasps at the back of
the neck, securing the choker in place. Hanging in the front from the very centre, a delicate chain
dangles down to the top of the breastbone, ending with a large sapphire. Skilfully cut in a diamond
shape with wavy edges, the stone catches any available light, causing it to glow with a light akin
to the sea.

Tessa finally finds what she's searching for and retrieves a gleaming, golden flame bracelet from
the kitbag's depths. She keeps it mostly hidden in her hands before turning them up and opening them
in offer. "And mine..?"

Tessa proudly shows off a gleaming, golden flame bracelet:
Woven from hundreds of hair-thin strands of yellow, white, and rose gold to form a shimmering braid,
this bracelet encircles the wearer's wrist. Skilfully manipulated in multiple bends and curves, the
glimmering metals take on the appearance of wavering flames. Carefully slipped in between the
strands are tiny pieces of diamonds, sending little flashes of light pulsing out from the bracelet
when the angle is just right. The overall effect appears as a golden pyre licking at the wearer's
arm, each fibre gleaming with reflected light.

Aerek's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Melodie smiles softly.

Nellaundra's smile brightens immediately as she gives an enthusiastic "Of course I
would!" She turns a dark shade of red immediately after and simply begins to gently worry at the
choker already clasped 'round Tessa's neck.

Tessa giggles happily.

Sir Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "I'm getting cavities, you two."

Melodie snorts in amusement.

Melodie isn't helping, either.

Tessa stands as she lets the choker be removed, taking one of your hands at the first moment one's
free. Then she gently works to apply the bracelet to your wrist.

You have tmoted: Nellaundra finally manages to work the jewelery off with only a few nervous shakes
and gently clasps the new one around Tessa's neck, then immediately stretches her arm out to allow
her to work at the bracelet.

Aerek's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Sir Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "Well."

Sir Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "I hate to unionize and run."

Melodie wrinkles her nose.

Melodie says with a flowing, cultured accent, "You're going to abandon me to all of these mushy
feelings?"

Sir Aerek Ancyrion says in Cyrenese, "But I figure you two are past the point where you need me,
anyway."

Melodie gives Aerek a pained sigh.

Sir Aerek Ancyrion asks in Cyrenese, "Three's a crowd, right?"

Tessa rolls her eyes.

[/spoiler]

It sort of tapered off after that into more banter and Warden business, but that's that!

Comments

• I had fun with it! Though the 'formal' wedding will have to happen. Have to indulge in all that epic food after all! :P