Vastar, the Skylord

Vastar, the Skylord, in a setting that will make sense one day - it's nowhere you've yet caught rumor of or been to though.

Comments

• @Sarapis Too bad, because I will forever hear Vastar in Birdman's voice now.
  • Dem abs.
  • sqeeeeee!

Now he just has to actually show up in game. I think we're beating Mhaldor for time without an active god > . >
  • Unfortunately, that's much hard to do than commission a portrait of him, though I wish that wasn't the case.
  • edited March 2013
    Does anyone have his in-game description handy?
  • Dem feathers! Totally awesome.

Pretty sure I know where He is too. Can't wait to go there!

• Probably not, but his last one was:
    "is wreathed in the Eternal wind, flowing around Him as He stays aloft, uplifted by great wings the shade and colour of storm

clouds, a physical link to His mortal kin. His eyes glow brightly with the fury of Thunder, their colour constantly and smoothly

changing between deep violet and bright cerulean hues. Dancing upon His skin, tiniest motes of light move about in rhythmic

patterns, occasionally coalescing into a coruscating flare."

Obviously, a somewhat different look for him than he has in the picture.

• Kyrra said:
    I'd so worship every aspect of him :x
    Awww. Three ales and you're any God's, Kyrra!  :))

• @Kyrra just has a fine appreciation for kickin' abs.
  • edited March 2013
    Funnily, the background is a bit like how I envisioned certain parts of Shala-Khulia. Excited at the prospect of a new place though.

PS: I agree re: one of the best God portraits so far. The posture etc is far more natural.
  • Great job on this one!
  • Oh Vastar!!

So glad to see his portrait out (admittedly confused as to the new look but we'll see I guess ^_^).

Adooore it. Many kisses upon him and his godliness.
  • I think this is my favorite by far.

You know, if you were to make one of the desktop backrgrounds with these portraits of Sartan, Neraeos and Vastar I think you would be able to hear the sound of drooling across the continent.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Abs united!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Outstanding. An unexpectedly noble depiction of the Skylord. Major props to the artist

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I love this portrait.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited March 2013
    By far my favourite. I mean, he doesn't even look as if he's trying to be threatening, yet every ounce of him is saying "Fuck with me. I'm begging you to fuck with me."

Mad props to the artist. The wings are freaking amazing, and whilst for the first split-second I thought they were taking up too much of the picture, I'm utterly amazed with how much more he managed to fit into the shot without it looking crowded.

ETA: As an aside, can mortals use spears in Achaea?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    Show me your manhood! ……… You're OTHER manhood!

On the side: very very glad I'm Atavian :3 Dem abs and wings… :x

From an artistic standpoint this is by far the best executed. The proportions, colouring, posture and accompanying elements all work together very well. Brilliant work and kudos to the artist for this one.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

Neato

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Wysteria said:
    < pic >
    Show me your manhood! ……… You're OTHER manhood!

On the side: very very glad I'm Atavian :3 Dem abs and wings… :x

From an artistic standpoint this is by far the best executed. The proportions, colouring, posture and accompanying elements all work together very well. Brilliant work and kudos to the artist for this one.
    Ah nuts shoulda been "Honor". I fail at this.
    :((
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."