Net Worth

Wondering if we could get a STATUS line that totals our total worth in gold/unbound credits as well as bound worth.

Probably forgetting some pieces but here's what I came up with.

Unbound worth:
- owned ships
- shops owned (not sure how to estimate the worth of the shops, but their gold revenue will count)
- gold (pack/inventory, banks)
- credits (based on market value)
- unbound crowns based on market value (if Mayan crown market idea is implemented)
- Plots owned (again not sure how to estimate worth)
- Rift contents, with all herbs/minerals valued at 5-10 gold, inks valued at 75% of Rurin's, etc.
- uncollared mounts
- minipets?

Bound worth:
- artefacts plus any applied customisations (recustomising the appearance wouldn't add any value)
- other customised items
- bound credits
- auction items (have to know how much the person won the item for)
- bound crowns
- Shop of Wonders artefacts (crown value translated based on crown market, if implemented)
- Rooms owned
- artefact pets
EDIT: - lessons learned

And then rankings for an Achaea's Forbes 100. :D
I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Really, there are a thousand and one things that would be more useful. This would not add absolutely anything worthwhile to the game.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Really, there are a thousand and one things that would be more useful. This would not add absolutely anything worthwhile to the game.
    There are a thousand and one comments that would be more useful.

But you'll notice my post didn't contain the words "Add this before anything else." Hope you're sittin more comfortable now.
  • "All of your artefacts give you the ability to have 5376 credits in escrow."

They certainly do. But it's trade-in value, not the full amount. And just a tiny part of what I'm suggesting.
  • Xith said:
    "All of your artefacts give you the ability to have 5376 credits in escrow."

They certainly do. But it's trade-in value, not the full amount. And just a tiny part of what I'm suggesting.
    Isn't that the point, though? If you're converting to gold based on market value, what do you want to know other than "how much gold could I get for all this?"?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I think it's more for bragging rights for being the wealthiest in gold and a variety of assets.

Penwize gets a head start with his 15k wings.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Oh. Well, if it's "How much gold can I get for this?", I don't really see the point, and if it's bragging rights, I really don't see the point.

• Antidas said:
    I dont see the point of this, although I dont really see the harm in it either...but beyond that, I'm not sure how you'd expect to code something like this.

There's a lot of things up there that you would have a very hard time transferring into average worth. Ships have a base value if you buy them new, sure, but once its purchased its no longer worth that much, as it cannot be sold back to Maelstrom. You have to sell it to someone else, and they wont pay full price.

To make a tally of all gold that was technically in your possession, they'd have to first check every item in your inventory, identify every single container, and then check each of those containers for gold, and if there was gold, then they could add it to the value. As for credits, would you just use the cheapest credits for sale up there as the net worth for them? If so, then you recognize that this is changing constantly, and that would make the code even more difficult. If you were going to use the average CFS price, then it wouldn't be even mildly accurate since there's always credits on there a ridiculous amount that no one ever buys.

For shops, how is the code supposed to know what the shops revenue is? Even if it was worth the time to code something to register every item purchased and how much gold it was purchased for, you'd still have to factor in the net value of the items you placed in there to begin with. That'd be an impossible task for code to do.

I could keep going, but I think you get the point. If it is even possible to add something like this (and im really not convinced it would be)  it would be a major project, and I think that time would be much more useful elsewhere.
    "The coding time would be better spent elsewhere" is generally not a reason I support for not at least listing a suggestion as a future possibility, but the rest of your reasons are spot on.
  • Uh, sort of. More like how much have I actually put into my character's life.

Of course if the admin says no to prevent everyone from having a sudden attack of consciousness or feeling of emptiness in their bank account, I could understand.

So, more "what have I put in" rather than "what can I get out". Though the unbound portion definitely shows what's sellable.
  • "What have I put in" is even harder to reckon than "what can I get out", though, since you'll be missing gifts, prizes, monthly promotions, and such.
  • Well yeah, but if you spent those prizes on something concrete, it's measurable that way.
  • I get the idea of this, I just don't think it's a very good one. Since a 'catch-all' would be either impossible, pointless or meaningless depending on what it did, my suggestion would be to take this over to the Membrane and talk about how you might code it yourself. People are quite knowledgeable and willing to help with coding. You could make a code package for other people who want this.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited March 2013
    This exists... TOUCH WORTH

Honestly though, I don't see any reason to do this, or any reason not to. Cute idea. Why not?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • This seems like something that should be rp'd out. If you want to be known as that super rich dude, simply flaunt your wealth on a regular basis and such.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I do that already through selfless generosity.

It doesn't result in awe of my wealth. It results in questioning my mental capacity.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Trevize said:

Honestly though, I don't see any reason to do this, or any reason not to. Cute idea. Why not?
    If we don't see any reason to do it, then the time could be spent on classleads, or things the List that we do see reasons for.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • I think people are getting thrown off by my Forbes 100 joke.

And it's something I can do myself and might even like to do. But most ideas in the Dais aren't "put this convenience in because everybody can already do it individually". I'm talking about some game math that shortens the process and uses whatever the average credit sell price is as a variable, etc. For everyone forever.

Kazu said:
    This seems like something that should be rp'd out. If you want to be known as that super rich dude, simply flaunt your wealth on a regular basis and such.
    Again, it's more for just knowing. But I'm sure the figures would float around on OOC clans in a "whose is bigger" contest. But hey, that can only be good for the game. People buying more to outspend their friends?

Aerek said:
    Trevize said:

If we don't see any reason to do it, then the time could be spent on classleads, or things the List that we do see reasons for.
    Well, things are assigned to "low priority" for a reason. Like I already said, I'm not pawing at the door and saying "drop everything and dooo this nowww pleeeeease". Like many things on the List, it's not being done concurrent with classleads or anything.
  • Xith said:
    Well yeah, but if you spent those prizes on something concrete, it's measurable that way.
    I meant it doesn't account for them in the sense that they would get counted in your net worth despite not being something you "put in" in the sense of money/bashing time/whatever.
  • Aerek said:
    Trevize said:

It's the low-priority, tiny adjustments, neat things, etc that give Achaea the flavour it has. I am not fascinated by, or in love with, most of the ideas that go through. And yet, they combine to create an ambiance that, in importance, rivals combat mechanics, etc that take 'high priority'.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    You can calculate most things yourself, for everything else email Jeremy.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    You can calculate most things yourself, for everything else email Jeremy.
    There are some things in life Jeremy can't calculate. For everything else, there's MasterCard.