New Forum, Altered Rules

Comments

• EiredhelEiredhel California
    @Sarapis Now I'm sad, I feel like I lost. :(

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• That having been said, is there an option for a different theme somewhere around here? This white-on-black is a bit of an eyesore!
    Off topic, but not yet. Working with them for something like that.
    Okay, I may have been mistaken. Don't quote me on that. Please don't hurt me.
  • @Sarapis Now I'm sad, I feel like I lost. :(
    Dude. I wrote the original policy, and I just changed it. I don't feel like I lost. I feel like I made it better.
  • edited August 2012
    @Sarapis Just wondering if anyone else noticed the "Options" icon next this thread when on the main Discussions page. It drops down to "Dismiss" which has me thinking it's an admin/moderator function?
    The Dismiss function is for announcement threads and other threads which are 'sticky' and maintain their place at/near the top of the list of threads. Using dismiss will unsticky it (for you only) and from then on that thread will appear in the thread list normally rather than always being at the top.

Thanks! I'm so used to some forums just having an icon actually called "Unsticky" rather than that term. Here I was thinking it was a bug where my account could drop a thread from a forum. 0_o
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• @sarapis I think the change is better, but I'd like to see a critique section on the forums as well. Not just a single thread that might get lost
  • Much love, thanks S-man.

• I silently followed the discussion, and it has been very interesting. I could not add anything useful after the great "common sense" post which is a principle that should govern any OOC interaction.
    I agree that blurring the OOC/IC membrane in the end would eventually damage the game for both players and the administration as well, and nobody wants that. I think that recent amendments to the rules are absolutely in the right direction.
    Light prevails, always
  • edited August 2012
    OK, check out the new policy again: http://www.achaea.com/forum-rules We'll just forum ban people who can't be civil and responsible instead.
    A thread exhibiting concern about staff player relations resulting in an example of staff listening and compounding upon player input.

• Awesome. Props for listening to player input.

I do kinda agree with Mannimar, though. A place for (constructive!) criticism would be great.
  • This is a brilliant revision. +1
    Heck, we have several volunteers that purposely do not read the forums because no matter what, 50% of the group hates them.
    When a volunteer's consistently getting that degree of negative feedback, it might be indicative of some kind of player-dev disconnect. If those volunteers approach the forums and ask how they can improve, just by showing that they're interested in doing so, I'm certain the feedback will be respectful. This is especially true of the leaders forum!
  • Why were all my posts deleted?

Record of deleted posts:

• Didn't have an issue with the old wording, but I do like the new wording much, much better.

(Also, I know off-topic, so a PM would be fine too, but who would we talk to about getting on the leaders forum again?)

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• @Jhaeli Tecton & Maya will be setting the former Leaders and ACC folks with access to those forums.
  • @Sarapis Thanks muchly!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Coool! Well as long as it functions faster... buuuut make it exciting! Give us free credits! You know how much we like our free credits!
  • ...For some reason, I read this thread and am now envisioning Apples leaving a bad self-crit in forums, then leaving some creative deathsights in-game along the lines of His attempted suicide...

I know, I know.... but...
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Thanks for listening @Sarapis

• edited August 2012
    Since we've switched to a newer and shinier forum, I'm just wondering if we should retitle the Quotes/Raves/Ranting thread with more generic titles?

I'm probably just picky but.. looking at 

comes off as a little glaring and cheesy.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I find the new main thread titles fitting and great.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • well, saying as Sarapis made the Quotes one the way it is -now- I would say no. I don't have an issue with it. Don't rain on other people's parade
    meh

• Cheesy thread titles sort of disrupt my high fantasy forum RP, but I'll compensate with extended demon possession scenes and ritualistic sacrifices to the Forum Gods.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    New rules seem fair. Can't think of any serious God-bashing rants that weren't deleted anyways. And you can still complain to Tecton if you have legit beefs.

• Trilliana said:
    well, saying as Sarapis made the Quotes one the way it is -now- I would say no. I don't have an issue with it. Don't rain on other people's parade
    Sarapis certainly did not!
  • Sarapis said:

Trilliana said:
    well, saying as Sarapis made the Quotes one the way it is -now- I would say no. I don't have an issue with it. Don't rain on other people's parade
    Sarapis certainly did not!
    oi, who was it then? Either way, I like them how they are!
    meh

• edited August 2012
    I think it was Cardan.

• It's a continuation of "General Ranting," "General Ranting Strikes Back," and "Return of the Ranting." Not sure why we'd want to break from that!
  • Well I think the punishment for postings bad and stupid things like "God X do not talk to me!" or "God X is not being correct!", or whatever need to be dealt OOCly, not ICly. Would be very nasty logging with my character and suddenly discover that it was disfavoured because I posted my well-constructed opinion, with plausible arguments regards some of the God's actions or behaviour. Yet I would prefer to do it issuing or sending an email than posting it on the forums but there is people that will not do it and will post here.
    If player Y is talking bad things about a God X without arguments or anything that could be used to justify it so player Y need to be punished by OOC means like suspension or ban, not ICly.

You notice a terrible smell in the air and see that Zoot, a leafy humgii is trying to look inconspicuous.
    A Tsol'aa archer exclaims, "Ahhh...how nice to breathe the fresh air of the forest!"