Tecton: Class breakdown?

Comments

• Cardan said:
    Same as Tecton's other chart, those active in the last 30 days and who have a high level of play (non-newbie)

RACE    occu monk drui serp pala prie sent infe magi sham rune jest apos sylv bard blad alch   TOT 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NUM      134  232  202  297   88  100  101   61  194   74  190   84   69  145   70  217   95

Total knights: 339
    Apostate + Priest + Occultist = 303 (factional priests)
    Forestals: 448
    Shaman + Jester + Bard + Alchemist = 323 (classes nobody likes)

Thought I'd bring other groups up to par with serpents.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    They're not counted twice, no. Just their race at the time of the report being run.
  • Tecton said:
    They're not counted twice, no. Just their race at the time of the report being run.
    If this is in reference to dragons, it seems implausible. The total for the dragon row is 237, which is the same as the number of 99+ characters in the rankings, so if they're not counted twice, then all  237 were in dragonform at the time of the report? Or am I missing something?
  • CardanCardan The Garden
    Veldrin said:
    Darklyre said:
    Do the dragon numbers overlap with their lesserforms? Like, if someone's lesserform is Atavian, do they get listed in both?
    They do, and that gives a skewed view on the class distribution. Priests for instance got a total of 100 and Sentinels 101, but 9 Priests are Dragon leaving an actual total of 91 while Sentinels have 10 Dragons leaving them equal with Priests at 91
    Nope. If you're in dragonform or level 99+ then you are attributed to the dragon race regardless of what your lesserform race is.
  • Xith said:
    Cardan said:
    Same as Tecton's other chart, those active in the last 30 days and who have a high level of play (non-newbie)

RACE    occu monk drui serp pala prie sent infe magi sham rune jest apos sylv bard blad alch   TOT 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NUM      134  232  202  297   88  100  101   61  194   74  190   84   69  145   70  217   95

Total knights: 339
    Apostate + Priest + Occultist = 303 (factional priests)
    Forestals: 448
    Shaman + Jester + Bard + Alchemist = 323 (classes nobody likes)

Thought I'd bring other groups up to par with serpents.
    I like this breakdown.

• Cardan said:
    Veldrin said:
    Darklyre said:
    Do the dragon numbers overlap with their lesserforms? Like, if someone's lesserform is Atavian, do they get listed in both?
    They do, and that gives a skewed view on the class distribution. Priests for instance got a total of 100 and Sentinels 101, but 9 Priests are Dragon leaving an actual total of 91 while Sentinels have 10 Dragons leaving them equal with Priests at 91
    Nope. If you're in dragonform or level 99+ then you are attributed to the dragon race regardless of what your lesserform race is.
    Ok, so they're not counted twice, they just don't get included in the lesserform counts (e.g. there may be more than 1 troll magi, mhun sylvan, and such, if some of them are 99+). Right?
  • Serpents are the most popular class? Good stuff.
  • So blademasters have picked up about 3 percentage points over the last ~3 months. I wonder how quickly that will drop after classleads come through.
  • Indeed, @Eld. We need a VoidFist nerf. And maybe one for Vitiate. That'll separate the wheat from the chaff.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • i am now 1 of 9 human bards instead of 1 of 6. I feel less special. 
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • I'd be interested to know what the criteria for "high level of play" is. The rankings go to 2482, and these numbers add up to 2157, so it's not simply that.

I have to imagine that a lot of those numbers are inflated by alts with just enough play time to qualify, particularly the serpent numbers. How many of us *don't* have a serpent alt somewhere that is used to understand another faction better?

I'd imagine the numbers would change dramatically if the bar for inclusion were moved from 'X hours played in the last 30 days' to 'X+5'
  • @Tanaar

I don't have a serpent alt!!! 
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Cardan said:
    Veldrin said:
    Darklyre said:
    Ah, my bad then. Added all the lesserforms in Alchemists together saw 90, compared to the 95 total and thought Dragonform + lesserform counted.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Gross.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Went dragon and never went back. Dragon4lyfe.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Xith said:
    Vadimuses said:
    Serpents are the most popular class? Good stuff.
    We just don't see that many because the other 250 are phased to watch the 202 grove-concealed druids mudsex.

• The human number actually shocked me. I didn't think it was that commonly chosen.
    But then again, I typically avoid humans in fantasy games, cause I mean.. why not be an elf?

But Achaea's done well in keeping humans appealing for mechanical reasons enough that it might outweigh the desire to play a fluffy kitty person.
  • I am a human irl! So I like being human things in game. Humans are the best.
  • Averi said:
    I am a human irl! So I like being human things in game. Humans are the best.
    Exactly. I just figure since I can't freeze people solid in real life, then while I'm doing so in a game I might as well be everything I can't really be.
  • edited March 2013

Xith said:
    Averi said:
    Exactly. I just figure since I can't freeze people solid in real life, then while I'm doing so in a game I might as well be everything I can't really be.
    I am more of a realist. I can actually stab people/parry/sing badly enough to make people barf or stun them irl!!! but being something different is cool too.

• Averi said:

Xith said:
    Averi said:
    I am more of a realist. I can actually stab people/parry/sing badly enough to make people barf or stun them irl!!! but being something different is cool too.
    Man, when you put it that way, I'd be such a good RL bard.
  • I am a serpent in my day job. My day consists of political intrigue, camouflage, avoiding people, following important people around, and listening to conversations I shouldn't.

However, I am an Atavian because the wings add that depth of fantasy I can't get in RL.

• edited March 2013
    I am mhun because I am tiny and adorable and full of rage.

• I play this game to see how the mortals live. The other Q don't approve but to hell with them.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I'm a monk IG because lol, kickboxing+WWF wrestling. OH YEAH! Just wish I could kinda figure ways to make my bbt/wrt/other throws into like, BJJ moves. TIME FOR SUBSTITUTIONS!
  • Averi said:
    I am a human irl!

Kuruvar said:
    Averi said:
    I am a human irl!
    Holy shit me too.

Casuals.
  • I'm a siren because I wanted to RP having big titties.

True story.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.