Hunting Area For A Level 50

So I'm just about to hit the level 50 mark (yay!)... but I just can't seem to break that 49 mark. The most namely reason being that my hunting grounds are most likely outdated (The Great Rock). As much as I've tried searching for a new area to hunt in, I seem to be lucky enough to find an area that contains monsters that only have to look at me before I die, or ones where that statement is vice versa. So, I'd like to ask my good friends on the forums where they think an effective hunting area might reside. (I'm not looking for quests, just an area to live out my days killing things).

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Try the lower level of Manara, mountain lions and most animals around Dun Valley, should be able to do top level of manticore caves near Genji, apparitions and vipers in the Fens, and probably the guardians just inside Belladona's Keep.

Most are these aren't super great for experience and the areas can be small, but there us opportunity for a couple gold quests which net you a little extra experience as well.

I usually just farm lower level Manara on my alts around that level, if nobody else is hunting there, because it seems to be the best experience gain for quite a large level range. My shaman did Manara from level 7 to 60.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Yeah you can loop Manara when it's empty. It isn't too much experience per kill, but the number of them is great.
  • Don't forget that it pays to go to out of the way places that no one usually hunts in, because the less a mob dies, the more experience it grants.  It might, in some cases, be more beneficial to hunt in a lower area, that is not usually hunted out, then a level on par with your own that is hunted out every respawn.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Thanks for the information guys! I will be sure to check out these areas and take your advice.
  • I'd also really recommend that you join a House. Most of them have guides to help newer players with bashing spots. Manara is really good though. You could probably stay there until almost level 60.

• Berenene said:
    Don't forget that it pays to go to out of the way places that no one usually hunts in, because the less a mob dies, the more experience it grants.  It might, in some cases, be more beneficial to hunt in a lower area, that is not usually hunted out, then a level on par with your own that is hunted out every respawn.
    Is that true? O.o
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    It is, yes.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Forestwatch could be a good step as well, just remember that moss tattoo and levitation.
  • edited March 2013
    Xith said:
    Berenene said:
    Don't forget that it pays to go to out of the way places that no one usually hunts in, because the less a mob dies, the more experience it grants.  It might, in some cases, be more beneficial to hunt in a lower area, that is not usually hunted out, then a level on par with your own that is hunted out every respawn.
    Is that true? O.o
    It is.  It has been for quite a while.

ANNOUNCE NEWS #1674
    Date: 07/28/2004 at 03:06
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Bashing

You might notice, now, that you will get an increased amount of XP for 
    mobs that are not continually hunted. The longer they live, the more 
    experienced they get, and consequently affect your own XP gain. 

Aeyr

Penned by my hand on the 24th of Scarlatan, in the year 369 AF.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited March 2013
    That's a very old news post. Could have easily changed in that time. If it is true, that's really weird.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• I believe that this is true and that there is also a cap on how much XP any given mob will ever be worth (that scales with mob CONSIDER strength but is individualized as well). Why would it be weird? Makes sense that you'd want to encourage people to explore and uncover bashing beyond Moghedu and Vertani.
  • Because if they want to encourage people to do that, I would expect something like this to be more well known. It's not going to encourage people if they don't know about it.

• edited March 2013
    It was well known, but I was playing when that was announced.  Just because it's been about for a long time, and not very many people know about it now, doesn't mean it's not true.
  • Depending on your class/traits, some of them might be a bit tough, but here are the places I would try at level 50-60-ish:

As has been said, the lower levels of Manara. One of the most popular bashing areas, so you'll rarely have it to yourself, but there are enough denizens that it will also rarely be empty for long.
    Phereklos. Probably my favourite bashing area for levels 50-80. Lots of denizens, no teaming (except a few aggressive squids, and hydras on the bottom level), and very few people bash there so you usually have the entire area to yourself. Probably better than Manara. As a bonus, most of the denizens can be butchered, if you have gathering or can find someone who will buy the corpses from you.
    Azdun. Also pretty popular, and rather difficult for the experience it gives, but not bad.
    Forestwatch, but only if you have clotting. Probably a bit difficult for level 50, though.
    Enverren marsh/castle. Investing in some fire resistance (frost elixir or endothermia tonic and a resistance ring) would be a good idea.
    Orcs (possibly dwarves too, not sure since I rarely bashed them) in the Sirroccians. Be careful to avoid large groups of them though.
    Scorpions in the Mhojave. Be careful of the red ones, and large groups of yellows.
    Ulangi. Better for gold quests than experience, but the bashing isn't bad. Probably worth learning the quests anyways though, since bashing will generally cost more than it pays until higher levels, and Ulangi's 6k-ish gold per run 2-3 times per hour will help a lot.
  • Berenene said:
    It was well known, but I was playing when that was announced.  Just because it's been about for a long time, and not very many people know about it now, doesn't mean it's not true.
    Of course it doesn't mean it isn't true. I never said anything like that.

I am just surprised something that seems quite major isn't listed under either HELP EXPERIENCE or DENIZENS.

• Katzchen said:
    Berenene said:
    Of course it doesn't mean it isn't true. I never said anything like that.

I am just surprised something that seems quite major isn't listed under either HELP EXPERIENCE or DENIZENS.
    I've noted a first sweep of my hunting areas can net me up to 10%, but upon a resweep not too long later that I only net upwards of 7%. Same kill count both rounds, so I would say the experience thing is true. Also this isn't the first time I've heard of it.
  • Talonia said:
    I believe that this is true and that there is also a cap on how much XP any given mob will ever be worth
    The cap is 3x the base, I believe.
  • It's definitely true. You can sometimes kill some random one-hit-kill mosquito somewhere and get quite decent XP for it, just because nobody else ever bothers to kill it.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    The XP thing is true. There used to be a bashing xp event where you can measure the xp you get on every kill and I got higher xp from the ones I don't bash as much. I think Jhui was doing the same thing before. xD
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Thera every 3rd day is godly XP. (not for lvl 50's)
  • There are some lone easy denizens in Thera you can get at level 50, but not quite worth it. Generally, hunting small villages (Tasur'ke, Shastaan, etc.) is quite good if your character doesn't have any moral issues with it, as they aren't hunted very much. Just avoid the warrior/guard type denizens and only go for normal villagers and children and stuff.
  • edited March 2013
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • I should check out some of these other options, @ level 77 and I'm still doing the Manara grind in an OCD fashion.

Still levelling from it, too.

• Enverren Marsh is good, but you'll probably be beset upon by Mhaldor for attempting to hunt there. Don't worry, they're not all that good at noticing or killing you. Honest.

• After coming back to the game and not remembering much, all bashing guides I've found tend to say, "70+, you know where to go". I'm 81.27. I've found some places and I don't want to speak up about it because I don't want others there; I assume its like that for others?
  • For the record, you are welcome to hunt Enverren Marsh all you want. Mhaldor only protects the castle itself. 

• Synbios said:
    Antidas said:
    For the record, you are welcome to hunt Enverren Marsh all you want. Mhaldor only protects the castle itself. 

Time to bash the castle then.

DRAWSLASH BUTTRESS
    DRAWSLASH SCAFFOLDING
    DRAWSLASH MASONRY

Come at me, castle Enverren!
    Huh. I had no idea the gazebo story wasn't original to Knights of the Dinner Table.
  • Also, harder to reach places, such as islands you reach by ferry, or areas not connected by roads (you need to travel via the wilderness) offer an experience bonus.
  • Wattsee said:
    Also, harder to reach places, such as islands you reach by ferry, or areas not connected by roads (you need to travel via the wilderness) offer an experience bonus.
    Are you sure that's not just because they're hunted less often?