Team Spar Rankings

A system to rank team spars. Two people go to Delos and register as an arena team. RANKINGS TEAM COMBAT. Epic team names etc.

Comments

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I like this. Honestly. But, isn't there already a whole cometition? Twins or whatever?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sounds like WoW arena pvp. The concept is loads of fun.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Daslin said:
    I like this. Honestly. But, isn't there already a whole cometition? Twins or whatever?
    There's a 2v2 tournament as part of the Championship Games, but that's only every year and a half or so.
  • Ideally this would be great but I am unsure how often we would have the teams line up. It is already really difficult to find people to spar 1v1, 2v2 would be a little rare I imagine. If you add in multiple people on multiple teams (for example Jhui + Mizik, Jhui + Nemutaur (and to hell with fighting either of those, for the record) it might get too complicated to keep track of cleanly.

i'm a rebel

• I think this is a good idea, if there's enough people to do it.
  • XerXer Langley
    I wouldn't mind 2v2 teams - I think there would be more people interested in 2v2's than 1v1's even. In a 2v2, there are ways to take the initiative and kill even the most artied people instantly if you manage to catch them unawares, making the artefact difference much more moot than it would be in single combat (this depends on your class composition obviously). Of course, artefacts still help, as uncoordinated damage attacks are unlikely to do much good to someone decently tanky, but there are a few things that I can do with say, a Dragon to pull off some surprise damage kills. The factors of coordination and awareness become more prominent I feel in a 2v2. There are some obnoxious strategies that can pulled off with just 2 people, but they're usually focused on a single person - it's up the other person to find out ways to slow/prevent it and turn it around. I dunno, 2v2's/small group combat I find is quite exciting overall.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I really like this idea and I'm sure a lot of people would be interested. Just please no team names, if WoW arena has one problem its the stupid team names. Just make the team name consist of the names of the two team members.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I dislike the idea because I cannot have an occie partner or an artied monk partner or a priest partner or malifuus.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I really like this. Should only be able to be registered to one team at a time.

Tesha said:
    Ideally this would be great but I am unsure how often we would have the teams line up. It is already really difficult to find people to spar 1v1, 2v2 would be a little rare I imagine.

I think more people would be interested in 2v2 than 1v1.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • Perhaps sufficiently many would be interested in 2v2, but this would be severely reduced by the requirement of having both team members logged in and currently willing to fight when the other team challenges.
  • edited March 2013
    That was another part of what I meant though it was like 6am early and I had not had finished coffee yet. But if there is enough interest (which there seems to be), I think this is a great idea. 1v1 can get really stale and this would bring what sounds like a welcome change to the atmosphere. (fixed for accuracy)

i'm a rebel

• I agree, as long as somebody is willing to become my teammate!
  • I'll team up with your bow. I suppose you can tag along too.
  • I like teams. My class actually works in them.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
    This will really only get as meaningless as the current combat rankings though, would be better to setup your own tournaments or RP a reason to do so.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited March 2013
    RP? but... I wanna see infernal/priest v apostate/pally..

• Apostate/pally would rip through infernal/priest, and most everything else.
    gravehands piety did someone say

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • edited March 2013
    Oh god the mana drain, and aeon. Occultist Apostate pls.
  • Aktillum said:
    @Tesha @Ayoxele sitting in a tree. Something that rhymes with damnation.
    I'm forest enemied so I can't swing up :(.

Sorry @Tesha, gonna have to move that party some place else.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Nemutaur said:
    I really like this idea and I'm sure a lot of people would be interested. Just please no team names, if WoW arena has one problem its the stupid team names. Just make the team name consist of the names of the two team members.
    That's not funny or fair, My Halo's team name was Team Flaming Pussies and our logo was a kitten with a bow tie with fire behind it. this Carried over to warcraft and then League of legends. I rightfully request the right to use it in Achaea.

Mishgul said:
    I dislike the idea because I cannot have an occie partner or an artied monk partner or a priest partner or malifuus.
    He went occie after he joined the team I swear >_>

• Caladbolg said:
    Nemutaur said:
    I really like this idea and I'm sure a lot of people would be interested. Just please no team names, if WoW arena has one problem its the stupid team names. Just make the team name consist of the names of the two team members.
    That's not funny or fair, My Halo's team name was Team Flaming Pussies and our logo was a kitten with a bow tie with fire behind it. this Carried over to warcraft and then League of legends. I rightfully request the right to use it in Achaea.

So the problem with his statement is that he didn't include Halo and LoL?
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    The problem is GO GO TEAM FLAMING PUSSIES

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    If it's burning, you ought to see a doctor.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    I do like this though there would be issues with a lot of the afformentioned classes, especially combinations like occie/priest, or occie/apostate. Or for that matter BM + anything that aeons or slows, but would lead to some really really interesting fights both in and out of the arena, so I approve of the idea.
  • Hhaos said:

I do like this though there would be issues with a lot of the afformentioned classes, especially combinations like occie/priest, or occie/apostate. Or for that matter BM + anything but would lead to some really really interesting fights both in and out of the arena, so I approve of the idea.

Ftfy