Blast from the past - help with Zmud

Hello. My character name is Lisbethae and I'm reluctant to switch clients. I know, I could be like all the cool kids who are on Mudlet, but I started with Zmud and the sheer number of aliases, triggers, macros, hot buttons and other random things makes me feel sick to my stomach when thinking about transitioning over to software that is more recently released.

So, I'm having a problem.

My settings used to show aliases in separate lines, like this:

buy 50 rum from silana
buy 50 beer from silana
buy 50 hibiscus from silana

And now - it's showing like this:

buy 50 rum from silana;buy 50 beer from silana;buy 50 hibiscus from silana

How can I make it go back to what it used to be?

It was fine this morning, and then a cat walked over my keyboard and there was some weirdness, and everything has changed. Said cat isn't even sorry, she says I had it coming, she will walk where ever she darn well pleases.

Comments

• In the settings editor, in the edit window for a trigger/alias/etc., click Options and uncheck "convert to one line commands".

I'm not sure how a cat could manage to do this accidentally. Are you sure she didn't do it on purpose?
  • edited March 2013
    She's smugly mute about her reasons. It may have been because it was almost close to meal time. 45 min from meal time is close....right? It may have something to do with her getting 3/4 rations because she has a couple pounds to lose.

I've tried your fix, and while I thought I'd tried it before and it didn't work, I apparently hadn't reported to Zmud that I had "Sena permission" to change it. It worked!

Thank you. My luddite heart is indebted to you, Sena.
  • Someone could make a small credit fortune if they wrote something to convert most zmud reflexes to mudlet.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited March 2013
    Don't fret deary, I still use zmud too.

Edit1: Wow, that came out way more creepy then I'd intended.
    Edit2: What I mean is that I didn't intend any creepiness in it at all.  By Tecton, I need to stop digging or else I'm not going to be able to get out of this hole.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • I was in the same place you were - I had zillions of Aliases and Triggers, no quick way to convert them *and* I didn't understand how to write for Mudlet. It took me over six months from purchase, I think, to actually convert to Mudlet. I have to admit, I am thrilled, and wonder why it took me so long. 

I also ended up not having to rewrite a lot of my aliases, but what I did was write them as they came up and I actually used them.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Prythe said:
    I was in the same place you were - I had zillions of Aliases and Triggers, no quick way to convert them *and* I didn't understand how to write for Mudlet. It took me over six months from purchase, I think, to actually convert to Mudlet. I have to admit, I am thrilled, and wonder why it took me so long. 

I also ended up not having to rewrite a lot of my aliases, but what I did was write them as they came up and I actually used them.

I'll just sit over here, quietly wretching at the thought.
  • I'm with you, Lis. Zmud hasn't failed me in 15 years, I truly hate the thought of switching and having to copy over everything i've cobbled together. Ugh. 

Also: Silly cat, trying to code. Psht. 

• I caved and went mudlet + SVO :(

I still type in aliases that don't exist no more.
  • Blast from the Past is such a good movie.

• I sometimes miss ZMUD, especially because of the way macros were set up. On the other hand, I'm quite happy with CMUD right now (not a cool kid).

@OP I had huge problems with getting scripts to work on ZMUD after I switched to Windoze 7. Glad it's working out for you.