New trait changes

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Aktillum said:
    Jelly cause I want sash + collar pretty bad but can't justify the 60 dmg per point of Int you get in return. And now I think I want Dex boots too, which is a pipe.dream cause I'm not loaded like that.
    I used to be, but then I got a mortgage :(

Also, how do I get rid of all those unwanted quote boxes?
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Given the recent changes to Sawbones it's looking a lot more attractive, depending on the severity of the drawback. Does anybody know how much restore eq is increased by?
  • Should be a flat increase of 1 second for all stages, I think.
  • Only checked 0-2 limbs (can't think of a way to break 3 or 4 on my own without finding a denizen to break them, and that sounds like a lot of work), but it's +1 second for those.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Sena said:
    Only checked 0-2 limbs (can't think of a way to break 3 or 4 on my own without finding a denizen to break them, and that sounds like a lot of work), but it's +1 second for those.
    Just ask someone to trample you, that's easy to find.

Restore for Quad Breaks was 10.8s for me, 9.2 with Diadem/Talisman (nimble not quick-wit)
  • Sena said:
    Only checked 0-2 limbs (can't think of a way to break 3 or 4 on my own without finding a denizen to break them, and that sounds like a lot of work), but it's +1 second for those.
    Bite yourself with epseth/epseth/epteth/epteth!
  • edited March 2013
    Achilles said:

Restore for Quad Breaks was 10.8s for me, 9.2 with Diadem/Talisman (nimble not quick-wit)
    I thought it was round second numbers all around without quick-witted and talisman. Like 3, 3, 6, 9, 10. (Three seconds per limb, with a minimum of 3 and capped at 10.) Might be a bit off though. My ping is so erratic that it's hard for me to get accurate balance test times.
  • Iocun said:
    Bite yourself with epseth/epseth/epteth/epteth!
    I don't have a serpent alt with restoration. :(
  • How long is the balance recovery on the tweaked Sawbones?

• Looks like 2.5 seconds.

You cast an discerning glance over Someone's limbs and find:
    Head:          Perfect health
    Torso:         Perfect health
    Left arm:      Perfect health
    Right arm:     Perfect health
    Left leg:      Perfect health
    Right leg:     Perfect health
  • Iocun said:
    Should be a flat increase of 1 second for all stages, I think.
    Finally got around to checking 3 and 4, it is just +1. So 4s/4s/7s/10s/11s equilibrium at 0/1/2/3/4 limbs crippled.

• ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Racial:   Mine Dweller
    Level 20: Nimble                   
    Level 30: Barter                   
    Level 40: Island Trader            
    Level 50: Light stepper            
    Level 60: Marksman                 
    Level 70: Fully fit                
    Level 80: Agile                    
    Level 90: Empty

It's jester time. And already enjoying the 25% discount from Island Trader.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Racial:   Mine Dweller
    Level 20: Nimble                   
    Level 30: Clean freak              
    Level 40: Meticulous Care          
    Level 50: Robust                   
    Level 60: Master contemplator      
    Level 70: Blissful ignorance       
    Level 80: Aim to kill              
    Level 90: Empty
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Key: Major Trait  Minor Trait

Unsure if it's a biased judgement, but I seem to be getting faster kills when I have Aim to Kill

• I wish expert diagnoser let you check for defences as well as afflictions. That would be a hundred times more useful for me.
  • I did some brief testing with Sawbones using both my Soulpiercers (90 damage) and testing rapiers (58 damage). Right now I'd approximate the relevant levels to be somewhere close to 40% (lightly), 60% (moderately), and 80% (heavily). I'll see what I can do later today or this weekend to get more data to help narrow those figures down, but they should be good enough as a starting point right now.

I've also raised a typo for the lines for mending and single restoration cured breaks to be switched around, since they're not consistent with the terminology used on diagnose. Mending is "broken" for limbprobe and "crippled" for diagnose, whereas single restoration is "crippled" for limbprobe and "partially damaged" for diagnose.
  • From Arador using a practice rapier (1/1/1 stats) against someone with 5137 health (41 hits to break):
    0 hits: perfect health
    1-10 hits: barely damaged
    11-20 hits: lightly damaged
    21-30 hits: moderately damaged
    31-39 hits: heavily damaged
    40 hits: nothing, just blank. Presumably bugged.
    41 hits: break

So it seems it's just split evenly, 0-25% damage, 25-50%, 50-75%, 75-100%.
  • My own data:

90 damage against 4661 health:
    1 = barely
    5 = lightly
    7 = moderately
    9 = heavily
    12 = broken

58 damage against 4661 health:
    1 = barely
    6 = lightly
    9 = moderately
    12 = heavily
    15 = broken

90 damage against 6281 health:
    1 = barely
    5 = lightly
    9 = moderately
    11 = heavily
    14 = broken

58 damage against 6281 health:
    1 = barely
    7 = lightly
    11 = moderately
    15 = heavily
    18 = broken

The values I got for "lightly damaged" are well above 25%.
  • Maybe the levels were changed when it was buffed to show all limbs. I have sawbones, if anyone wants to let me hit them for a while.
  • Antonius said:
    My own data:

90 damage against 4661 health:
    1 = barely
    5 = lightly
    7 = moderately
    9 = heavily
    12 = broken

58 damage against 4661 health:
    1 = barely
    6 = lightly
    9 = moderately
    12 = heavily
    15 = broken

90 damage against 6281 health:
    1 = barely
    5 = lightly
    9 = moderately
    11 = heavily
    14 = broken

58 damage against 6281 health:
    1 = barely
    7 = lightly
    11 = moderately
    15 = heavily
    18 = broken

The values I got for "lightly damaged" are well above 25%.
    Yes, by Sena's scheme lightly damaged would be 25-50%, which looks to be about consistent with your numbers.
  • edited March 2013
    Oh, that's right, it does all fit. I was thinking of lightly as 0-25%.

Edit: Or not.
  • edited March 2013
    @Eld: If the threshold was 25% then the output of LIMBPROBE should have changed two slashes earlier in some of those tests, and one slash earlier in others. For those that were out by two, the slash in between is well within the 25-50% region (around 33.33%) but it's still only displaying as "barely damaged".

That's assuming that I need almost all of the limb damage provided from those slashes to break. If in reality I only needed a fraction of the final slash then the percentages are even higher. I went back and checked the data from some Soulpiercer limb break tests I conducted last October, looks like 4661 health is one of the lower amounts of health which would require 12 hits to break.
  • EldEld
    edited March 2013
    Antonius said:
    @Eld: If the threshold was 25% then the output of LIMBPROBE should have changed two slashes earlier in some of those tests, and one slash earlier in others. For those that were out by two, the slash in between is well within the 25-50% region (between 33.33% and 40%) but it's still only displaying as "barely damaged".

That's assuming that I need almost all of the limb damage provided from those slashes to break. If in reality I only needed a fraction of the final slash then the percentages are even higher.
    Yeah, you're right, I didn't look carefully at the numbers. It looks like most of those (except the third set) are consistent with 0-40%, 40-60%, 60-80%, 80-100%. I'll try to do some testing of my own a bit later.

Edit: Regarding the question of how much of the last slash is needed, it's not a huge difference (1/11-1/12 at most). My estimates of rough percentage ranges for the categories are based on picking a number in that range for % damage per hit and checking that the numbers are consistent.
  • 1-29: Barely damaged
    30-48: Lightly damaged
    49-65: Moderately damaged
    66-81: Heavily damaged
    82: Crippled
  • I've probably asked this before, but what are the direct differences between Reinforced and Light Stepper?  Thinking about which major traits to grab.
    I guess the biggest one is that Light Stepper wasn't deleted.

I'd go with Light Stepper.
  • So roughly 35, 60 and 80%? That seems to match up with what I got as well.
  • Sena said:
    1-29: Barely damaged
    30-48: Lightly damaged
    49-65: Moderately damaged
    66-81: Heavily damaged
    82: Crippled
    So something like 0-37%, 37-60%, 60-80%, 80-100%?
  • Not sure exactly where lightly damaged starts. Could be anywhere from 35.37% to 37.04% (probably 36% or 37%, but it seems arbitrary enough that I wouldn't assume it's an integer) I think. I doubt anyone will actually need more precision than that, though. 60% and 80% for moderate and heavy seems obvious enough.
  • Sena said:
    Not sure exactly where lightly damaged starts. Could be anywhere from 35.37% to 37.04% (probably 36% or 37%, but it seems arbitrary enough that I wouldn't assume it's an integer) I think. I doubt anyone will actually need more precision than that, though. 60% and 80% for moderate and heavy seems obvious enough.
    Hm, not sure where I got 37, actually. Looks like it should be between 35.37 and 36.58, right?
  • Eld said:
    Hm, not sure where I got 37, actually. Looks like it should be between 35.37 and 36.58, right?
    It could be more than 36.58, if the number of hits required for the break is actually somewhere between 81 and 82.
  • Oh, right.