Ask your Producer: Traits edition

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Greys said:
    Could I get it confirmed the gathering trait still doesn't help butchering despite it being a skill in gathering?
    It does help butchering, yes.
    Aitox said:
    Old trait question: the "Lucky" trait, by how much does it increase your chances to score a critical hit? Thanks.
    Around half as effective as a L1 critical hit pendant.
  • Does Cheap Shot work on chaos orb parry?
    And how much improved chances is Master Angler?
  • Any chance we can get a few more trait resets?

Cause I screwed up once(missed that reinforced was removed, was able to re-add it), used my trait reset... and I'm just not happy with sawbones. I should've known better than picking it, I'd rather rely on my inaccurate limb counting triggers. (I was assuming it would be more accurate/not use as much balance, whatever... it was getting late, my cognitive functions were starting to shut down, logic didn't work)

Also, it's so hard to pick minor traits. I don't really -want- any of them. Master forger is about the only one that has any relevance to my character... and I rarely forge as it is. XD

Also, I'm curious, about how great a chance is "blissful ignorance" or whatever(the one that gives you a chance of resisting a forced command, I'm not logged in, so I can't look at the actual list) at actually working?
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
    Josoul said:
    Does Cheap Shot work on chaos orb parry?
    And how much improved chances is Master Angler?
    Cheap shot only works on regular parry.

For master angler, it depends on what you're trying to catch, whether you're on a ship or not, as well as a couple of other semi-random factors. To ballpark it, it should give anywhere from a 5 - 20% bonus on reeling.
  • I'm just really glad I'm such an avid sailor. Without the three seafaring minor traits I took (including the new Island Trader one, thanks @Eld!) there'd be almost nothing in the minor traits I'd want, given that they're all so highly situational.
    Daklore said:
    Also, I'm curious, about how great a chance is "blissful ignorance" or whatever(the one that gives you a chance of resisting a forced command, I'm not logged in, so I can't look at the actual list) at actually working?
    Blissful ignorance is between 15% and 20% based on a few factors.
  • edited March 2013
    I ctrl + F skimmed through the pages looking for information on Expert Diagnoser and didn't see anything about the cooldown time on it, could you elaborate on that? (sorry if it's already been mentioned, I'll doublecheck if it has) Oh and how long does it make tree tattoo balance with recovery in survival?

Garao said:
    I ctrl + F skimmed through the pages looking for information on Expert Diagnoser and didn't see anything about the cooldown time on it, could you elaborate on that? (sorry if it's already been mentioned, I'll doublecheck if it has) Oh and how long does it make tree tattoo balance with recovery in survival?
    10 seconds, currently.
  • That's all right then, 

What about tree?

Garao said:
    That's all right then, 

What about tree?
    Adds 5 seconds
  • Thanks for the quick answers :)

• Does marksman increase your chance to hit those using projectiles/arrowcatch currently? Or is the calculation 1) does the arrow hit/miss and then 2) is that person going to dodge/arrowcatch
    Nemutaur said:
    Does marksman increase your chance to hit those using projectiles/arrowcatch currently? Or is the calculation 1) does the arrow hit/miss and then 2) is that person going to dodge/arrowcatch
    The latter, the marksman calculations are factored in before the arrowcatching checks.
  • Would it be possible to get more than 1 trait reset for a day or two while everyone figures out what they want?
  • Does in service work for veiled people?
  • I second Shiro and Daklore... the original Trait release gave us a bit of time to fiddle around with all the options, these changes are so major I don't think most people will figure them out in two shots.

I think the Minor changes are better now than before. At first, I kinda hated that the obvious "good ones" were removed, but now one can select ones for good RP with a clear conscience. I, before, could not justify taking drinking-related traits becuase there were good utility ones, but now I got them all. I hope Lord Phaestus won't facepalm now when I drink 60 shots of rum at a Brewery meeting.

I do quite certainly foresee Grimoires of Adaptation becoming a way more popular buy. There are so many good Major Traits now that if somebody wants to focus on hunting, (s)he'll want one set, and defending/raiding, another set.
  • Does Airborne work only when flying as an Atavian/Ring of Flying, or does it also apply with flying mounts?
  • Darklyre said:
    Does Airborne work only when flying as an Atavian/Ring of Flying, or does it also apply with flying mounts?
    And the Aerial spell in Elementalism
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Anyone got the length of possible shouts with and without Braggart?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I suppose this question is actually better placed here than in the other thread.

Does Marksman actually affect artefact bow accuracy at all, or is it only for regular bows?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• edited March 2013
    Jurixe said:
    I suppose this question is actually better placed here than in the other thread.

Does Marksman actually affect artefact bow accuracy at all, or is it only for regular bows?
    @Jurixe: It affects artie bows. I was missing most of the time without Marksman with my artie bow, after I took the trait I barely ever missed.
  • @Tecton: In conjunction with the reply about Expert Diagnoser adding a penalty of 5 secs to tree, how much of the RESTORE eq penalty does Sawbones give?

• Synbios said:
    @Tecton: In conjunction with the reply about Expert Diagnoser adding a penalty of 5 secs to tree, how much of the RESTORE eq penalty does Sawbones give?
    Looks like it's 6s for 0 or 1 limb, 9s for 2, and 10s for 3 or 4.
  • Eld said:
    Synbios said:
    @Tecton: In conjunction with the reply about Expert Diagnoser adding a penalty of 5 secs to tree, how much of the RESTORE eq penalty does Sawbones give?

For comparison, what is the normal time for RESTORE eq without Sawbones?

• Synbios said:
    Eld said:
    Synbios said:

For comparison, what is the normal time for RESTORE eq without Sawbones?
    I actually don't remember, except that with 4 limbs it was 10s. @Tecton said there was a bug with this, though, and looking at when he posted saying it would be fixed "in the morning", it's probably still there. So probably best to wait a bit and test again.
    Niks said:
    Does in service work for veiled people?
    Yes!

Darklyre said:
    Does Airborne work only when flying as an Atavian/Ring of Flying, or does it also apply with flying mounts?
    Any time you're flying!

Jurixe said:

Yes, all bows.

@Eld, @Synbios - Sawbones restore oddities will be sorted out in the next little while!

• Tecton said:

@Eld, @Synbios - Sawbones restore oddities will be sorted out in the next little while!

@Tecton: Curiously, what was the intended eq penalty to RESTORE, then?

• edited March 2013
    Sticky strands of webbing spray out from Micositu to cover you.
    3618h, 3213m, 19490e, 16298w xk-20:57:35:852
    You begin to struggle free of your entanglement.
    [Paving]: WRITHING!
    3618h, 3213m, 19490e, 16298w k-20:57:36:036
    ---------------RECOVERED EQUILIBRIUM---------------
    3618h, 3213m, 19490e, 16298w ek-20:57:36:279
    ---------------RECOVERED BALANCE---------------
    3618h, 3213m, 19490e, 16298w exk-20:57:36:806
    Sticky strands of webbing spray out from Micositu to cover you.
    3618h, 3213m, 19490e, 16298w exk-20:57:37:569
    You twist and turn as you attempt to escape from your entanglement.
    3618h, 3213m, 19490e, 16298w exk-20:57:37:924
    You lean over and slowly lick your Baalzadeen, savouring its unholy taint.
    You taste 14050 health remaining.
    Your Baalzadeen is syphoning that which afflicts you.
    3618h, 3213m, 19490e, 16304w xk-20:57:38:736
    ---------------RECOVERED EQUILIBRIUM---------------
    You have writhed free of your entanglement by webs.
    3618h, 3213m, 19490e, 16304w exk-20:57:38:971

Tecton. Halp.
  • edited March 2013
    Tecton said:
    Limbcrusher: ~30% reduction in the mounted bonus to avoidance.
    Just to be sure, this applies to both the dodging based on riding skill and the dodging based on mount level, right?
This discussion has been closed.