ghost patches

With the coming of the new traits, there seem to be small discrepancies cropping up here and there. Most notably is the bow, "seeming" to miss a lot more, and making the marksman trait a bit more useful. I don't know for sure, but a few people have been making minor complaints about the speed of DSL as well as some minor BM things.

Just wondering if we can get any clarification as to any ghost patches that happened, or if I'm just paranoid/insane.
Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."

Comments

• Dsl balance is really really random from what I notice. It was 1.6-2.3 without nimble with an average of 2.1ish, and now it is 1.6 to 2.1 with an average of 2ish. I have no idea why it is so variable, but that is how it is. Even when the balance bug was there and we saw the formula, the formula itself had random parts, one part changed every 2 or 3 dsls if I recall correctly.

i'm a rebel

• And so I picked Meticulous Care because tattoos started fading like water colour :-/
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I've been noticing that I've been missing a lot more than normal lately with my bow (5 straight misses against Antonius, and no, there wasn't a wall, yes, I was using a Lupine). I figured bow accuracy had been lowered to make the Marksman trait more useful, but some people suggested it might be a bug. I know it's not just me, because some other serpents have been noticing it too, so thought I might as well put it here.

If it's not, then I suppose we were all really unlucky!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Trying to make the few remaining combat minor traits (marksman, knife thrower, etc.) would seem weird, seeing that they removed combat-relevant minor traits in order for people to spread out their minor traits more.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    There was an issue with artefact bows that stemmed from the changes to the artefact system, this should have been corrected last night when I put the traits live.
  • dammit... and I took the marksman trait because I had been missing a lot with the lupine... 
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited March 2013
    I reset my traits 2 weeks ago to grab marksman because my Lupine had been sucking major eggs. Lol.

• Tecton said:
    There was an issue with artefact bows that stemmed from the changes to the artefact system, this should have been corrected last night when I put the traits live.
    Alright! the other stuff simply may have been the random balance times @tesha was talking about.

Thank you for the clarification!
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • I've seen a lot more misses with Chivalry aim and a normal darkbow than usual as well.
    edited March 2013
    Does Marksman actually have any effect for artefact bows then? I got it for the same reason Katia did :/

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Jurixe said:
    Does Marksman actually have any effect for artefact bows then? I got it for the same reason Katia did :/
    I'm considering getting marksman and stop aiming for snipe, in order to save endurance.
    I was going to delete the question from here since I moved it to the trait topic, but now I can't because then your answer would look weird! (plus you quoted it too!) Do you know if it does though?