Newb Blademaster vs. Apparently Intelligent Necromancer (both same age and level)

edited February 2013 in Blademaster
Ok so obviously, I'm the newb blademaster... And well this is what I did. 

When Drennan (the necromancer) attacked me in the arena I was first very scared and didn't know what to do. So I hesitated but then I shield (shield tattoo) myself, then I tried to attack him but I dispersed the shield, then I actually did attack him with drawslash and I did that several times until of course he clench fists me, and then makes my hands disabled and my legs disabled and I couldn't touch shield again, then he used some sort of fear mechanism and made me go away and again I didn't know what to do so I tried using my mending salve for curing my hands and legs not in the shield and then he finished me off with his main attack which was a clenched fist. I just drawslashed and shielded myself only once.

Now that was for the first try. Second try I also failed. Third try however, I learned that I could atleast defend myself to where he'd give up, to where I use first touch shield, then mending salve because he did some sort of disabling of the hands and legs thing, and finally alleviate to cure myself of fear/paranoia as he's trying to disorient me from my fighting stance which works. I cannot attack him, I can only defend myself successfully everytime he tries to kill me. 

Can you erudite individuals give me insight and wisdom so I can perhaps kill him successfully many times before he learns of another way to kill me?

My Striking is at Alleviate and my TwoArts is at Thyr, so that should give you guys some information on my combat problems...
Beer!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Occultist!

Erm. Will post a real reply when not on my phone.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Learn curing and make or get a system then start fighting. other wise death death death death.

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    @Bevis: Regarding @Caladbolg's suggestion, I'll iterate a bit further.

SVO is an excellent system, and very finely polished. However, it costs $20.40 USD.

Omnipave is very popular, probably not as polished as SVO, but still very good. It is free.

I personally use SVO. Most of my proteges will start with Omnipave, and will switch over to SVO when they feel more established.

Both of these systems will automate, to an extent, your defensive curing. It is highly recommended that you learn to change up curing priorities against affliction classes like: Apostates; Serpents; Shamans; and to a lesser extent, Bards; to make it even harder for them to "lock" you, and also to make them cry. Hard. Very hard. Almost as hard as they do against fitnessers. Damn you fitnessers.

Good luck, and have fun.
  • Don't perpetuate the cancer to achaean combat that is Svo, make your own or buy omnipave :)

• Yeah... I'll just uh... I'll think about it guys. In the meantime, I think I might just want to take it low for awhile until probably some other levels afterwards. 
    Beer!
  • Disagree with me, punk?

• Garao said:

Don't perpetuate the cancer to achaean combat that is Svo, make your own or buy omnipave :)

#bitter
  • Yeah, I don't like Svo. That was established a long time ago :)

• edited February 2013
    Bevis said:
    Yeah... I'll just uh... I'll think about it guys. In the meantime, I think I might just want to take it low for awhile until probably some other levels afterwards. 
    Start by fighting Monks.

Occultists are the most difficult, confusing class to begin learning Achaean combat against.
  • YueYue
    edited February 2013
    @Bevis:
    -COMPOSE will help cure yourself of fear, tho as you discovered, ALLEVIATE works as well
    -Use Omnipave, make sure it tells you what cures you need to use when given afflictions (this will help you learn)
    -HELP SIGILS: Orb sigils will help against Occultists. Prioritize by which entity gives you the most trouble.
    -Using shield tattoos against Occultists is probably a good idea. Also good ideas: Joining a combat-oriented House and City. Get a combatant mentor. Join your orgs optional combat-oriented clans. Ask questions via all of those channels.
    -Blademaster tips: A few lessons into Striking will net you TEMPLE and HAMSTRING - these are your bread and butter. A tiny bit of Shindo gets you Shin Trance. (Use INFUSE FIRE, use CENTRESLASH, use LEGSLASH!!)
    -You can strike after almost every Two Arts ability. You can strike while razing a shield. sendAll("raze "..target,"strike "..target.." neck",false) etc.
    -ALWAYS STRIKE with DRAWSLASH/LEGSLASH/ARMSLASH/etc. Try  LEGSLASHing to break legs while striking neck, then go for an IMPALE.
    -Get a tree tattoo. Between touch tree, fitness, and alleviate, you have some impressive curing capabilities.

Good luck! :)

@Nizaris: Svo, not SVO.

• Bevis is a troll guys, just ignore him. I've seen him in game attacking people and talking crap to people.
  • Yue said:

@Nizaris: Svo, not SVO.

It doesn't matter, YUE.
  • YueYue
    edited March 2013
    Citrus said:
    Bevis is a troll guys
    says the guy with the 1-2 punch double post

I recently linked an article concerning irony and double irony in another thread:
    http://cantb2serious.livejournal.com/848.html

this thread is a better demonstration tho
  • Cool story, bro. You should get back to finding other people's negligible text errors though. I'm sure there's many missing periods or wrongly capitalized words out there for you to find.
  • Did Yue get a friend to play just to stage these arguments? I approve.
  • Tvistor said:
    Did Yue get a friend to play just to stage these arguments? I approve.
    You caught us. :(  I still get my credits, right Yue?
  • Well to those who are Blademasters you may use this because... I actually changed my class back to Alchemist as I think turning people into gold statues might earn some booze money. I'll just have to wait and see.

It's been a good run, but unfortunately, the Blademaster was not for me.
    Beer!

• Bevis said:
    Well to those who are Blademasters you may use this because... I actually changed my class back to Alchemist as I think turning people into gold statues might earn some booze money. I'll just have to wait and see.

It's been a good run, but unfortunately, the Blademaster was not for me.
    Omg please allow alchemists to TAKE and GIVE their statues to other people.

Then I can hire an alchemist bounty hunter to bring me my enemies as wall trophies for my palace on Tatooine-- er, Ashtan...ooine.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.