Person arriving

Could anyone help me out (or supply me) with a script that gives me an echo whenever a person I can see somehow arrives and what direction they're coming from?   I was just gonna cecho all of the various possibilities, but that just seems like it'd take a loooong time to do if there was a GMPC method.

Mudlet of course, and thank you for your time!

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    There isn't an event in GMCP for when people enter and exit. "Person enters from the North" is probably the best way to start out. You can make it a more complex regex trigger to capture the different possibilities for mounts, leaps, tumbles, etc.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Well, shows how bloody much I know.  Thanks for telling me at least
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Jonathin said:
    There isn't an event in GMCP for when people enter and exit. "Person enters from the North" is probably the best way to start out. You can make it a more complex regex trigger to capture the different possibilities for mounts, leaps, tumbles, etc.
    Don't forget morphs!
  • Also the custom enter/exit messages that people bought.

Seriously, my first thought when I saw those being auctioned was how I'd have to track those people down just to get those, or something like that. D:

• I did this, I made the cechos and then just sat at crossroads for a few hours, adding them as they came through. It doesn't take long to get most of them. This is not comprehensive at all, but it should get you started.
    Entering triggers
    Leaving triggers
  • Here's my collection of some (not all) entrance and exit lines. Note that these triggers don't care about direction if one is available, they only capture the name.