Aeon & Pipe Refilling

I saw something about 20 puff artifact pipes, and I was curious if the idea below had ever been presented:

Show a third party message for when someone refills a pipe, and also include what they filled the pipe with.

The idea being - tarot users can add in a timing attack which would allow them to potentially catch someone in aeon with an unfilled elm pipe. I'm not sure if that would be unbalanced, but it would be a nice new dimension to 1v1 combat for occultists in particular.

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    would be too easy to wreck people if you knew what their puffs were at as a knight iirc. Or as a serp. Or as a shaman/occie/jester

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Maybe it would make sense to only show the third party refill message if you have astralvision, or a new ability for particular classes?
  • edited March 2013
    Mishgul said:
    would be too easy to wreck people if you knew what their puffs were at as a knight iirc. Or as a serp. Or as a shaman/occie/jester
    Would it? There are already several ways to avoid being pipelocked (or having your empty pipes being taken advantage of otherwise) and if someone makes use of them, it's near impossible to get a pipelock in. Something like this would make it more viable, but I don't see that as a bad thing.
  • edited March 2013
    It being a feature of astralvision is fine imo. It's already simple enough for knights etc to figure out how many puffs a person has.

• @Taomao - Just curious: why did this idea come about as a result of the 20-puff pipes? Sorry if it's a stupid question with an obvious answer; I'm not so great at combat.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Probably because spamming aeon doesn't get people stuck before he runs out of health/tarot/patience/time before bed time.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae