Reconnecting Pash to S Wilderness

Can we reconnect the Pash Valley to the Southern Wilderness? It's really inconvenient to get to Pash at the moment, where it really shouldn't be when you look at Delphinus's map. If you go to Pash, there's already the room 'Ascending to the Putoran Hills' that could be connected east<->west to 'Highway on the fringes of the Putoran Hills' in the Southern Wilderness without disrupting anything.

Comments

• Sent @Tecton a message requesting this a couple of days ago. A short path through the southern Pash to Jaru's old north gate maybe
  • I'm less concerned about Jaru, since Pash and the Southern Road already connect to it, and you previously had to walk all the way through Shallam (if you could) to get there from the Southern Wilderness anyway. Wouldn't object to it, though.

• It seems fairly trivial to just add an east-west exit to the southeastern Pash, even to the "broken land" at the end of the highway. +1
  • I'd love to see an underwater shallam ruins! +1

Also agree to the map changes, it makes a lot of sense and seems a simple thing to connect a couple of rooms together.
  • ruins of Luminai whatever pls
  • Halos said:
    Would 100% bash the ghost of Pericles

Also, those damn orphans. Opening doors like it's their business.

• I think I'm the only to say no to underwater ruin bashing grounds. It should be a sacred place. Yes to the ruins, no to the bashing.
  • It can have an altar, so you can do sacred things too. Like offering underwater buffalos to Bal'met.

Everywhere in Achaea is a bashing place anyways. The only way to make something non-bashing is not to add any denizens to the area. Or only jundas. Screw jundas.
  • Does anyone actually bash Caer?  
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    People attempt it sometimes. Not sure anyone has actively hunted the place consistently though. It'd be pretty poor taste with the amount of quests in the area.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I used to, but it was just for show. The constant black out and web are really annoying.

• edited February 2013
    Kyrra said:
    People attempt it sometimes. Not sure anyone has actively hunted the place consistently though. It'd be pretty poor taste with the amount of quests in the area.
    I don't consider this a valid argument. Achaea knows no distinction between bashing spots and questing spots, which is one of its greatest qualities: you can act quite differently in different places, depending on your characters personality, which can very well lead to conflicts with other adventurers who want other things. Even the newbie places, where players are first introduced in the concepts of denizen interaction display this quite strongly: Slay the pixie queen and give her to the imp lord? Slay the imp lord and give him to the pixie queen? Either way conflicts with how others play the game by "ruining their quests", but this is exactly what gives Achaea the feeling of an open, real world, where denizens don't just serve a single, predefined function, but are variables in a game constantly defined by its players.

Caer Witrin is barely hunted because it makes hunting there very hard and is probably not quite good enough XP to make that kind of trouble worth it, but if someone still wants to tackle that challenge, more power to them.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I don't disagree Iocun, but for me it's a matter of being polite. Quests are there as an alternative to hunting and a way to make a bit if coin. I've never personally felt like enough of a dick to purposely kill a known quest denizen, but that isn't an issue for some people.

Based off what you're saying, there also shouldn't be issues with hunting Moghedu, Arcadia or Thera. People should be entirely free to bash city guards because some people like doing that sort of thing.

My only point was that it's not a single player game and every action can have repercussions for someone else.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited February 2013
    I have absolutely no issues with people hunting Moghedu. Iocun has, but that certainly has nothing to do with quests. The thing is... there is almost no area that doesn't have quests, and many "quest denizens" aren't even widely known as such, seeing that quests aren't shared knowledge. If we really had to exclude every single denizen that is somehow involved in some quest from bashing, that would exclude lots of denizens.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I didn't say they had to be excluded. It's a decision some people choose to make.

For a village like Caer that is rich with quests, the mechanics of the area (I can only assume) were designed to make bashing difficult and/or annoying to be discouraging. It's not impossible and some people do bash there. As a result, denizens that need to be there for purposes other than provided experience on death are.

I've heard there was a change to events now because people decided that bashing everything was a way to finish things off. Isn't that what happened with the Vertani event?

I don't really care either way. I've never really bitched about the frustrations of wanting to quest and having everything be dead in any number of areas. I find something else to do. For me as a player, it does impact the game a little because I actually enjoy questing and I appreciate the effort put in to create a lot of what is available. Not being able to do that isn't that huge an issue for me, there is plenty more to do, that doesn't involve the joys that is questing.

By the way, thank you to the admin and volunteers for going to such fantastic lengths to create a lot of the quests that are in game. Some are just fun and some are so frustrating, but the sense if accomplishment when finally solving something makes the time spent worthwhile.

• edited February 2013
    I bet Kyrra really is that nice, but Iocun's answer was the one I was looking to see verified or debunked - mostly, the only places that don't get bashed are the ones where the denizens will F$%^ you up, and if they're remotely bashable, it's "not worth the trouble" (i.e. you might actually be able to kill some denizens and not die, but it's not actually practical).  So if the consensus is that the ruins shouldn't be bashed, that's the easiest way to make it not happen - although it doesn't allow for the sort of thing Iocun does with Moghedu.  
  • I will smash in the face of anybody who dares to bash Pericles's ghost. That's my job, sluts.

• Jules said:
    Does anyone actually bash Caer?  
    I used to bash Caer, nothing besides the astronomer is any trouble, but the random web/loki spiders make it pretty tedious.
  • I think that also has to do with the active, unaligned nature of Lord Bard. His temple is in Caer and stuff.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • edited March 2013
    Averi said:
    I think that also has to do with the active, unaligned nature of Lord Bard. His temple is in Caer and stuff.
    That alone would keep only few people from hunting there. I doubt many people refrain from hunting dwarves out of respect to Phaestus, except for Phaesteans, Cyrenians, and some who really go into dwarf racial RP. Same goes for merpeople and Neraeos, or Atavians and Vastar.

Sure, some people have some personal RP-based hunting codes, but the majority of people hunt what's mechanically most profitable for them.
  • edited March 2013
    @Iocun But like Scarlatti has been the house patron for like everything!

And the commune is more diverse. I dunno. I've just never seen anyone hunt there.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.