Achaea world map

2»

Comments

• Kresslack said:
    Sarapis said:
    A couple points:
    1. We're not looking to warehouse anything or do any shipping to people. We're not in the business of shipping physical goods.
    2. The map has a non-standard aspect ratio, necessitating custom print sizes.

I'd honestly shop around then, because you should be able to get a poster print for much lower, at the same quality. I checked posterprintshop.com and they do custom print sizes, 1 or multiple, and the quoted price is $45 for photo gloss. You can also get canvas, photo satin, and a few other options. 

I don't see how that's cheaper. That's about the same price as I paid on Zazzle (slightly less than one of the prints and more than the other print). As for quality, hard to know without seeing it. I ordered two prints in different quality levels from zazzle to see how they compare.
  • Silas said:
    The aspect ratio on deviantart seems off. Also seems comparitively expensive, and doesn't have the logo.

@Sarapis or @Tecton: Understandable why you're unwilling to take on creating/shipping/handling merch yourselves, but any chance of you guys setting up an account with one of those sites to sell branded merch, so we can buy prints like this, logo mugs, etc.?
    Yeah, I will look into it. We used to have a merch shop many many years ago with mousepads and a couple other things, but not sure what happened to it. I still remember my "suicide mouse" mousepad. 
  • what is that suicide mice? something related to achaea?

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Sarapis said:
    Kresslack said:
    Sarapis said:
    A couple points:
    1. We're not looking to warehouse anything or do any shipping to people. We're not in the business of shipping physical goods.
    2. The map has a non-standard aspect ratio, necessitating custom print sizes.

I'd honestly shop around then, because you should be able to get a poster print for much lower, at the same quality. I checked posterprintshop.com and they do custom print sizes, 1 or multiple, and the quoted price is $45 for photo gloss. You can also get canvas, photo satin, and a few other options. 

I don't see how that's cheaper. That's about the same price as I paid on Zazzle (slightly less than one of the prints and more than the other print). As for quality, hard to know without seeing it. I ordered two prints in different quality levels from zazzle to see how they compare.
    Just re-read your initial post, apparently I was drunk or tired when I read it because I read the estimated price for two posters as $195. O.o My mistake.

• edited September 2012
    If you'd like to print your own, here is an uncompressed PNG (30 MB):
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4784702/worldmap_new01.png

If not, map-sized prints are still available (in a variety of media) on deviantART:
    http://www.deviantart.com/print/29760932/
  • First of all, the map is absolutely beautiful, thank you @Delphinus! But, I'm sure there's a reason for the Tsol'aa village not being there, though I'm not getting it.
    Tvistor said:
    Achievement Unlocked : Made A God Feel Guilty.
  • @Anatral: Thanks! I'm glad you like it. The Tsol'aa village doesn't really have a name. One of the constants I've defined is that the map must use actual, canonical place names, and not just descriptors like "bandit camp" or "hill giant cave."
  • 3/10
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited October 2012
    I wish I had a printer that could print posters. D:
    I may call my grandma and see if she still has her screen printing thing in her shed. If so, I will post pictures of the greatness of that map on my back.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.