Merchandise

edited September 2012 in North of Thera
Looking at opening a merchandise store on a site like cafepress or zazzle. What kind of merchandise would you guys want set up there? Off the top of my head the art we have available to put on merch is probably (other than the map, which is too big to go on anything but a poster or wall canvas really)
* Logo
* Race pics
* Art contest pics

As far as what the art can go on....the range is wide, from custom iphone cases to yoga mats to coffee mugs to hoodies, etc etc etc.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    As I know we have a rather broad and talented playerbase, holding a monthly contest alongside the Artisanals and featuring a new player-designed t-shirt every month would be very, very cool. Bestsellers could be added to the regular fare, even.

As for what kind of merchandise - off the top of my head, I think t-shirts, coffee mugs, large-sized stickers for laptops/tablets, bumper stickers, etc. would probably be decent starting choices. If you are going to do t-shirts, please think of the ladies and ensure there is a selection of ladies' tees as well - many of us look terrible in regular t-shirts. I just don't buy them anymore for any reason.

ETA: I would also buy a cleverly designed baby onesie. Not sure what demand there would be for children's clothing, but you would have at least one sale. Just saying!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• WTB 'My other car is a blood steed' shirt.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • edited September 2012
    I was talking about this on a clan last night, and I remembered how I used to buy Discworld Hogswatch (Christmas) cards. Something like that for Logosmas/Mayaween might be neat.

Some sort of contest to design the cards could be a lot of fun too.

• Mouse mats
  • Logo mugs and travel cups for certain.

• Seconding Dark grey/black logo shirts.

I would probably buy the map on a poster.

Keyrings.

• I'd buy the map. t-shirt/hoodie as well if it looked comfortable.

Also I'll just say what everyone is thinking but not saying: plushie humgiis

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• I'd buy a hoodie with the Achaea logo if international shipping (to Germany) is possible.
  • If they use cafepress, there's probably a cafepress.de. I know there's a cafepress.co.uk that I can use at least, and that'd probably ship within the EU otherwise.

• oversized logo mug, please. 

• Zeon said:
    I'd buy the map. t-shirt/hoodie as well if it looked comfortable.

I'd buy one if I could actually feed my junk mail to it.
  • Eld said:
    Zeon said:
    I'd buy the map. t-shirt/hoodie as well if it looked comfortable.

I'd buy one if I could actually feed my junk mail to it.
    If only. :( Still I'd buy one.

I have an Oglaf Lizard of Guilt plushie, and I regret nothing.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• For those looking at map posters, they're available as prints on deviantART:
    http://www.deviantart.com/print/29760932/

If you'd rather print your own, here is an uncompressed PNG (30 MB):
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4784702/worldmap_new01.png
  • Yes, prz to the hoodies and t-shirts. As long as they aren't white. Keychains and little things like that would be cool, too. I'd definitely fork over some cash for some Occultist-themed merchandise. Something with the coat of arms, maybe?
  • I know you guys technically own the art that is submitted for artisanals, but I think it would be rude to take that player-submitted art and throw it on a website and make money off of it. Maybe from their perspective it might just be cool to have your art on a shirt. Idk.

I'd probably throw down for a hoodie or t-shirt.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I would rock a "Trust me I'm a Templar" t-shirt to a bar.  But it has to be too tight, have a bunch for dragons on it, maybe some skulls.  Ok, it would look like an Affliction shirt.
  • edited September 2012

I know Jeremy does MMA, so maybe an Achaea logo, or specifically, a picture of the Ashura house arms (done by Chris Bourassa, of course) that I can iron-on on my gi would be great. MMA shorts would be awesome, too.

Also, everything @Arador said!

• I have wanted an Achaea shirt for years.  I would like the old logo/redirect page (blue sun thingy with Achaea written beside it as a stripe)

I dont even have a copy of it anymore and I doubt it was saved for prosperity

• Also a bumper sticker of the best deathsight ever....

Religion has been slain by the might of Science

• Batang said:

It does indeed seem unlikely that it was saved for prosperity, but it might very well have been saved for posterity.
  • Iocun said:
    Batang said:

It does indeed seem unlikely that it was saved for prosperity, but it might very well have been saved for posterity.

IDGAF  I'm drunk and as long as people can halfway understand what I am saying then it is all good!

• Batang said:

I have wanted an Achaea shirt for years.  I would like the old logo/redirect page (blue sun thingy with Achaea written beside it as a stripe)

Your wayback-fu is insufficient. I am disappoint in you, young grasshopper.

• Yeah I think a T-Shirt with the older logo would be best to start with...
    @Morro I am sure you would not be the only one to rock some Occultist clothing... I would too :)
  • <3 Babel
    There needs to be some way to like moderator edits as well as forum posts.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I'd like to see some LARP equipment that's specifically Achaean. Maybe get a contract with NERF? 
  • +1 to @Batang. I'd love shirts/hoodies/mugs/whatever with the old Achaea logo, but definitely not the new one.

• Cooper said:
    I know you guys technically own the art that is submitted for artisanals, but I think it would be rude to take that player-submitted art and throw it on a website and make money off of it. Maybe from their perspective it might just be cool to have your art on a shirt. Idk.
    I agree. There's no intention to make money on merchandise. The only reason we'll set up a store is because it makes it easier for you guys to order it vs giving you the files and giving you instructions on how to order it yourself.