Your Legacy

Comments

• @Tahquil I will remember you because I was doing research IC on what Apollyon's curse looked like. The newspost you made was useful.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I'd like to be remembered as a veritable IG renaissance man (i.e. a scholar, artists, ritualist, writer etc.), but I'll probably just be remembered for having the same name as a newbie area. And being dormant. Alot. :D
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • I'll remember you for the stuff you wrote for Mhaldor. I play an Eleusian, so that's saying something!
  • Heh, thanks dude. :)
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • edited September 2012
    I will remember Lodi for the ridiculously grandiose ascii illuminations in his news posts.

Also for having the same name as a newbie area.

Also that slave fight gladiator tournament thing? I should rip off that idea.
  • Wasn't the gallery with the paintings from Lodi?
  • Xer's been trying to work through Lodi's text on Advanced Ritualism D: Some of the pentagram/daemon summoning stuff is a bit confusing as written. I also remember the multitude of prayer's in the Mhaldorian Book of Hymns and Prayers from Lodi.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I'd like to be remembered as a guy that was passionate about what he believed in, never compromising on what he thought was right, and always putting others before himself. I'd also like for combat to be in there somewhere, but I've got a long ways to go for that.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Blueberries used to grow in two rooms and that was nice. Then they suddenly appeared in every mountain room, and never, ever grew, which was dumb.
    @Blujixapug: Well, I've still got about 40 left over from my planting spree that I am happy to pelt in your direction.
  • Krypton said:
    Blueberries used to grow in two rooms and that was nice. Then they suddenly appeared in every mountain room, and never, ever grew, which was dumb.
    @Blujixapug: Well, I've still got about 40 left over from my planting spree that I am happy to pelt in your direction.
    I'll take blueberries! :D
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • edited September 2012
    I'm fine if Cinya is never remembered for any great achievements - she's not the type. I do hope she is remembered as an interesting and realistic character, and fun to RP with. I've always prioritized believability, and tried to stir things up in a way that made the game exciting for the people I'm playing with. 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • I'd like to be remembered as that former Paladin who never shut up about Lucaine Pyramides back in his novice days.

• I would like to be remembered as 'That awesome person who put a dartboard in the house hall!'
  • I would like to be remembered as someone who did good things for Lady Ourania and Her Order.
  • i would like to become an accomplished combatant, a hard road im sure but one i hope to accomplish
  • Aerek said:
    I was about to say that you probably want to stay the same class for longer than a month if you want to be a good combatant, but I guess that's never stopped Mizik.
    i guess you mean me sir?
    i am staying the same class now!
  • Mizik said:

I want to use Voidfist in like some Oblivion infused Kamehameha to destroy something for a world event.

I want to use a void-infused slash to tear open extra-dimensional rifts in spacetime. 

• edited September 2012
    Jiraishin said:
    People remembered -me-, though I suppose I was gone less than a year. My greatest legacy was probably designing the House pipe and city vials, and nobody even knew that.
    Those pipes are awesome. I will now remember you for them.

I'm mostly fine with Alyssea just being known for TMC. :D
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Have been thinking about it, and I'd like to leave behind enough worthy seafaring memories that perhaps encourage future generations to take to seas. I was really surprised, confused, and disappointed when Zulah just left all of that, being as he was so good at it. 

Him, and the big adventures I got to go on while crewing on the Black Sail as a young lad, that I've developed a strong passion for seafaring. I guess with nothing happening, he just got bored with it and decided to step away. Hoping it never happens to me; I'd like for people to maybe be able to realize how fun and exciting the seas can be, regardless of the danger.

• Have been trying hard to think of a real way to answer this thread because I'm not really entirely sure what to say.

*I* know what I've done over the years, but most of it is either too small to be particularly noteworthy or has just faded into the past. How are you supposed to know who did the House designs unless someone tells you, for example? And is it even really IC to acknowledge that a player wrote them when they're supposedly goods that your House denizen is supplying? Or does anyone really care anymore that I finally killed the already dead Totem Council (which once had a huge influence on totems across Sapience), revamped the Wardens' Creed, started the process of the Wardens' ceremonial room even if Phaestus ran with a new design himself, or did all the work behind Cyrene's fundraising to help Shallam get (I think) KOTH in their Arena when it came out? (It was the most money I've ever held in my Achaean life and I think I had maybe one failed theft attempt, despite holding it on my person the whole time. Hah.)

Not trying to make a list here; my point is that those are just a few highlights off the top of my head that I know I've done, but that others may not really care about. And that's mostly fine with me because they aren't really all that flashy in and of themselves. :P I imagine that there are a lot players in the same situation, where they know they've had an impact on their "environment", but may not always be acknowledged for it or remembered for it because their accomplishments have simply become part of "what is".

I think I'm just hoping to be remembered for the fact that, when I am in a leadership spot, I am always very active in it. I don't believe in "placeholding", and I don't do it. It means that I've left office earlier than I've wanted to more than once, but I take a bit of pride in the fact that I don't just sit there and let things go stagnant either. It's not about how often you sign in, but what you do while you're signed in. Placeholder leaders drive me crazy.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• I always figured separate credit is given to the adventurer-designer and denizen-supplier and/or crafter.

• Jhaeli said:
    Not trying to make a list here; my point is that those are just a few highlights off the top of my head that I know I've done, but that others may not really care about. And that's mostly fine with me because they aren't really all that flashy in and of themselves. :P I imagine that there are a lot players in the same situation, where they know they've had an impact on their "environment", but may not always be acknowledged for it or remembered for it because their accomplishments have simply become part of "what is".
    I'm not sure if this is the point you were trying to make, but I agree with it: it is probably more sensible (or less folly) to draw satisfaction from the things you've done, than to be concerned with what other people know you to have done.

When I was in leadership I organised with the patron to have a room rewritten. I spent ages imagining what it would look like so I could get it just right, and looking through the nearby rooms for comparison, and spelunking in google image search, and then agonised over synonyms and phrasing in a notepad file. I ran a festival with games and contests to raise funds. And nobody will ever know the details of what I did or care about the effort or result like I do.
  • edited September 2012
    @Blujixapug Yeah, that was exactly my point and exactly why I was having such a hard time answering the initial question. (Thanks for summarizing it so eloquently!)

At the end of the day, no one is going to care about your "legacy" the way that you do. So in the end, the best legacy is to leave yourself feeling satisfied that you accomplished what you wanted to do and/or, at the very least, satisfied about what you did do.

@Jiraishin That's usually how I look at it too, but I know, for example, that I left off my crafter's mark that is otherwise on all of my designs for the House designs. I don't treat them as something that would be considered part of "Jhaeli's collection of designs" - they're designs that the House itself provides. Others may be different, but the Wardens have no mention anywhere of who did the designing on any of them. So I was just bringing that up as a question because sometimes I'm not quite sure if that's really the way they're seen or not, heh!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• If a design contest is run IG (Mhaldor had one recently for commemorative wares) it seems like IC credit should be given to the adventurer who designed the item. You could also, if that's what you want, design things OOCly and ICly play it like they were designed by a denizen or given by the Garden.

I'm not even sure if I'm making sense anymore so I'm going to stop trying to post anything requiring logic until I get something to eat.

• Jhaeli said:
    Or does anyone really care anymore that I finally killed the already dead Totem Council (which once had a huge influence on totems across Sapience)?
    Jules.

• iirc totem council used to be pretty good xp. even better than Hashan.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Being the Binx and LMAOSentaari.